Nursing Mamas Weekly Thread 10/9-10/15 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 10-14-2005, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
BennyPai - Take her outside a lot for the sunlight. That really helped with Miles in his first 2 weeks when he wouldn't wake to eat.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 10-15-2005, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks, Galatea!!! I will try this tomorrow.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#33 of 38 Old 10-15-2005, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am loving this thread!

I've been MIA forever b/c we had a really rough start w/ nursing, and I had to really buckle down and invest a lot of my time into just nursing and pumping non-stop. Arlo is a laid back, sleepy kid, and he wasn't doing much work at the breast for the first 2 -3 weeks.

I think we are good now though. He's wetting up a storm, stooling (though not in the "4 -5 poo/day" textbook pattern), and best of all growing...and I'm not having to supplement! I'm really so proud. Nursing Eben long term didn't work out, though I did use the SNS for 4.5 months. I did not get good help from my LC, and thought I was unable to work up to a full supply.

But we did it! It's been a lot of work, and I do have to pump somewhat to maintain (at this point anyway), but we're finally relaxing into a groove where we can just nurse and enjoy it and I can see him growing and am not stressed out about whether or not he's getting enough.

I'm glad I popped back in here. I hope to be able to keep up w/ you all again now.
#34 of 38 Old 10-15-2005, 01:09 PM

Keely!!! It's great to "see" you! Good for you for sticking with it and overcoming all of those nursing obstacles! You're amazing!!!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#35 of 38 Old 10-15-2005, 07:51 PM

I have a painful let down this time also, it never hurt like this with ds. I really don't think it is thrush and it isn't too bad, just annoying and painful for a about 10 seconds. I don't leak at all this time either, which seems weird to me because I leaked like crazy with ds.

My guys are still nursing great. Miles is a better nurser than Byron, Byron is just a little lazy and smacks a lot but he is still doing good. They are gaining about 1 lb a week each now and were up to 11lb 6 oz and 11lb 1oz at 4 weeks (up from 8lb 2oz and 7lb 15oz). Miles has the fattest cheeks, it is so cute
#36 of 38 Old 10-17-2005, 02:41 PM

Kate is still clicking something, she is also clidking while sucking my thumb...and it wasnt her tounge it was the roof of her mouth. Anyway, she was 10 lbs 10 oz at 4 weeks! And of course still loves to nurse I am so happy to have made the personal milestone of no bottles at 1 month. And she's almost 6 weeks old, so that will be a milestone of JUST breastmilk which I am also totally thrilled about!!

She is blisfully sleeping in her hotsling right now, she's nice and warm. OUr house is 66 degrees right now, and actually feels great.If only we could figure out nursing in this..and her being comfortable. I think maybe my boob is too big. I bought this when I was a C cup and now I am a D cup...but I haven't gone to check to see if the sizing is still the same.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#37 of 38 Old 10-18-2005, 12:44 PM

I too am trying to figure out nursing in the hotsling. I did maneuver Arlo into a nursing position in the wrap, but you have to undo the whole wrap and redo it to switch sides, which is more hassle than it's worth. If I could just figure out how to nurse him in the pouch, it'd be super.

Anyone know anything WRT how beginning to exercise again may affect my supply. I *do not* want to injure my milk supply. I'm actually not even interested in losing any weight, but I'd like to start toning the flab, however, I'm content to stay jiggly 'til Arlo wants to wean if doing some light lifting and toning type stuff is going to put our milk at risk.
#38 of 38 Old 10-18-2005, 12:50 PM

i was wondering the same thing..what kind and how much exercise puts us in jepoardy? i want to start taking walks with my little girl and once i get the dr's ok get back to running but not if it hurts my milk.

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page