Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   September 2005 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/295-september-2005/)
-   -   Just Curious about weight loss... (http://www.mothering.com/forum/295-september-2005/357292-just-curious-about-weight-loss.html)

trijosie-mama 10-17-2005 04:52 PM

I'm just wondering where everyone else is with this. I've lost about 30 lbs, give or take a few. I think I'm about 15 over wehre I was when I got pg, but I had started to gain weight during the holidays last year. So far my tops are fitting fine, a bit snug in the bust, but good every where else. My pants still won't button, but at least I can pull them up now! I imagine by next week I'll be able to fit in the roomer pants!

I am worried about losing weight, it's probably my biggest down fall, I tend to dwell on it too much. Right is especially bad because of our wedding in January. I havn't tried the dress on yet, I'm really nervous it'll be too small and I ordered it big hopeing I would have to take it in!

I'm looking forward to seeing where everyone else is.....

sarahloughmiller 10-17-2005 07:58 PM

I have 55lb so far I only have 5 more to get to what I was before this pregnancy, but I would like to lose more than that. Nursing twins is great for weight loss, I did not lose this fast with Jackson. I still don't fit most of my clothes. The shirts are too short because my big boobs pull them up too much and my stomach is looking pretty bad and I don't want it showing at all. I fit a couple pairs of pants, one pair of jeans, but they were the big clothes before. I don't think I will ever look remotely the same after this pregnancy, I can not beleive how much worse my stomach looks after being pregnant with twins. It is sooo worth it though

PrincessCass 10-18-2005 12:48 AM

OK so don't throw things at me but I have lost 23lbs at my last appt. I don't have a scale so I don't know what I have lost as of today my last appt was two weeks ago. I am actually 15lbs lighter than what I started at. All mt prepregnancy clothes are a bit baggy. I was going to start walking today my we had a really nasty storm blow in and my hubby didn't bother to get the jogging stroller out of storage for me. I can't wait to get walking again I can put DD in the sling and DS in the stroller and really get a nice workout.

weliveintheforest 10-18-2005 04:46 AM

You mamas are doing great! And yes, I'm jealous of you Princess Cass :LOL
I think I have lost 20 or 25, I am down to 140. My pre-pregnancy weight was around 125, but I was trying to get down to around 115 or 120. We were at my DH's step-mum's house and her scale said I was only 130, and I was soooo happy, but turns out it was wrong lol. I can now pull on my biggest jeans, but not do them up yet. It's a start anyways! I am going to get an Ergo so we can go on longer walks, and eventually I will start using the gym membership I have been paying for but not using for the last 7 months : they have daycare which is nice... I'm just not ready for that though.

NowOrNever 10-18-2005 06:52 AM

BLAH! I have NEVER lost much nursing. I gained 35lbs and have lost only TEN. Yes, folks...10 flippin' pounds. And my baby was nearly 10lbs!

My weight hangs around until I wean. So, for now...I have NOTHING to wear that actually fits. :

ebensmama 10-18-2005 12:34 PM

I don't know my exact number right now, but at my 2 week PP visit, I was only up 12 lbs from my pre-preg weight. Now, I am probably the same or maybe a few pounds up from that...but I'm actually happy w/ that, b/c I think I was far too thin around conception time, and me going that low again would probably hinder our BF relationship. I'm not back in my small*est* clothes, but things just one size bigger fit nicely, and I'm feeling like I'd like to stay in this ballpark.

Goldiemom 10-18-2005 08:10 PM

nak

At my 7 week pp visit I weighed in at 169. That is like 6 lbs below pre-preggo weight. I can fit into pre-preggo clothes, I am just having to unbury them all. I am not sure if bfing is helping lose the weight, but with ds I had lost about 45 lbs by the time he was 6 months old. So I guess time will tell on that score. I wouldn't mind in the least though! Even if it would mean buying all new clothes. Best of luck to all of us at losing the weight we want to lose.

Full Heart 10-19-2005 03:35 AM

I can fit into my pre pg clothes but I am 10 lbs up from pre pg weight! Go figure. I must have gained some muscle somewhere. I would really love to go down a few dress sizes so I can fit into clothes from eons ago. But If I don't thats ok too. I've had 6 kids its not like I have tons of time to devote to excercising.

Galatea 10-19-2005 10:16 AM

you guys are thin - I have only lost about 20 lbs and have 20 more to go to get to pre-ds2 weight, and 10 more after that to get to normal weight.. yuck. none of my clothes fit.

Shell_Ell 10-19-2005 12:06 PM

I gained 29 lbs and have lost 21 lbs of it. I was hoping to be below pre-pg by Thanksgiving so that I could comfortably wear my old clothes and not have to buy new. We'll see. I think that's more about the location of the weight than the weight itself. I seem to have relocated all of my bulk. LOL!

BennyPai 10-19-2005 02:02 PM

I was a little overweight when we conceived - 147. I gained 25 pounds this time (lost six to morning sickness during the first trimester, lost another pound in the third trimester due to grief). Dd2 was 10lb 2oz... to my complete amazement, I weighed in at 149 at my WIC appointment yesterday. My tummy is jiggly mush, but my clothes fit!!!!!! (The few I can find, anyway. )

With dd1, I also started at 147, and I gained 39lb and was only back down to 165 6 months later . I did a lot of biking with MIL in extreme humidity when we moved to the coast and lost 10lb in two weeks, then ever so slowly got back to pre-preg weight when dd1 was 12mo.
Of course, I promptly got pregnant again.. :LOL

This time, I am feeling much more optimistic about getting in shape again! My normal weight when I am fit is 130-135 (with muscle, which I haven't had much of since 2000 ). Fourteen pounds to lose & lots of toning are my goals right now. I'm going to try biking and pilates.

Autumn Breeze 10-19-2005 02:20 PM

I only gained 15-17 lbs this time around. I was 135 pre pregnancy, and at either 1 or 2 weeks pp I was 136.5.

I'm the one who's gonna get stuff thrown at her...I was in my pp jeans, albiet they were tight...at 3 days pp.

With my son I was 138 pre pg, gained 32, and was down to 146 at a week pp. This stuff runs in my family, my mom left the hospital in her jeans (2 days pp) and my grandmother also left the hospital in her pre-pg clothes (7 days pp)

PrincessCass 10-19-2005 08:13 PM

Amanda last time I saw 136 was like the sixth grade so I won't throw anything I'm just glad to be working towards getting under 200 when I see 199 I'm gonna eat a big fat hot fudge sunday :LOL

counterGOPI 10-19-2005 10:15 PM

im at my pre-preg weight. ive been this way since kaulini was 2 weeks old but my clothes dont fit b/c of my belly ad hips i still have

marieangela 10-21-2005 05:49 PM

nak

My pre preg weight was 124 (it was a bit too thin) and at 7 weeks pp I weighed in at 136. I only fit into my bigger regular clothes, though, as my hips and belly are not back to normal.

counterGOPI 10-21-2005 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieangela
nak

My pre preg weight was 124 (it was a bit too thin) and at 7 weeks pp I weighed in at 136. I only fit into my bigger regular clothes, though, as my hips and belly are not back to normal.
isnt that annoying how our bodies are back to normal but our bellies and hips are not? its driving me crazy! what if my belly and hips never go back? sorry,superficial moment i guess. :
<3,
nicole

PrincessCass 10-21-2005 08:09 PM

What about strech marks?? anyone freaking out??? My Dh says he loves mine he says they remind him off the beautiful lives we have created together He is so sweet sometimes Now I wear my strech marks and wide hips with pride :LOL

counterGOPI 10-21-2005 08:34 PM

i never got any stretch marks..am i odd?

trijosie-mama 10-21-2005 08:49 PM

I didn't get too many more this time, i had plenty left from ds!! They don't worry me though, I'm never going to have a body that wants to wear a 2 piece and showing your belly off isn't my thing anymore. The tattoo I have is pretty funny looking now!! It's a nice ring of flowers around my belly button, it's not destroyed, just different!

marieangela 10-22-2005 05:05 PM

No stretch marks for me with either child. With ds1, my hips and butt actually ended up smaller than I ever thought they could be after 5 or 6 months. I'm wondering if the same thing will happen this time. The male midwife who filled in and saw me for my pp visit made a lovely comment about the lack of muscle in my stomach. I tend to count on genetics and metabolism when it comes to my body, but I'm thinking I might have to do some work this time. I'm looking into a mommy and me yoga class...

Galatea 10-22-2005 05:09 PM

I didn't get stretch marks the first time and this time I got a few, but they are little and not very dark.

shell024 10-23-2005 02:46 AM

i'm a very petite person (5' and 100lbs prepreg) and was used to wearing stuff that showed a little tummy. I am a very athletic person, so i'm having a very hard time accepting my new body. sometimes i feel very womanly (this newfound-never-had-before cleavage is nice!), and sometimes i just feel...slumpy. i'm about 8 wks pp and weigh about the same as i was prepreg, but have a belly, thick hips and and all around extra padding. a bunch of stretxh marks (for some reason i dont mind them though). i just want to feel FIT again. (OT)and i am in dire need of a massage- a REAL one. not DPs 5 minute pokes.

millionmom 11-06-2005 03:10 AM

Hi Erin!
I have to say the wieght issue is starting to bring me down. I exercised my heart out last week and didn't lose a pound, although I know it may take a long time to lose alllll this weight! I gained about 50 lbs during my pregnancy and lost only 15 at my 6 week checkup. Needless to say I was disappointed.
I'm trying to keep in mind the fact that it took 9 months to put it on, so it's safe to say that it will take 9 months to take it off. I just can't seem to stay away from the treats! GGGGrrrrrrrr!!! I'm also scared because my family has a tendency towards being large and I don't want to follow down that path. know I need to really take control over myself, but it's so hard. I'll stop crying now.
As for stretch marks, I thought I was in the clear, until about 3 weeks before Max was born. They just suddenly appeared.....but I don't care about them as much as I do the excessive flab that wearing me down.

Lynda
Mom to Max, born on 9-17-05

Music-mommy 11-10-2005 04:40 AM

I was 140 pp and gained 45 lbs this time, I'm down to 155 now.... it seems slower than with my first pregnancy. But I'm getting there, every week I lose a couple of pounds. Though I only lose if I don't eat anything after dinner.

But what's different the 2nd time is my flabby belly, it's like I have too much skin or something. A friend told me it goes away but takes awhile. I've started doing sit ups to see if it will help!

weliveintheforest 11-12-2005 08:55 AM

I weighed myself at my Mum's house because I don't have a scale and it says I am 110lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

It is off by about 30 lbs though, . It made me feel really good for a minute : I should always set scales back before I step on them