Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Edited because of an earlier loss
#2 of 35 Old 01-22-2005, 03:34 PM

Hi...I've been waiting to see if there was anybody else yet, and decided to post today! I got a positive test a few days ago and am probably due Oct. 1 or so. My dd was so late that Oct. is probably when I'll end up delivering.

This little pea will be my second babe...he/she was conceived the day after dd's second birthday, and is sort of a surprise. We hadn't quite started trying yet, just had a moment of insanity with no bc, but that's all it took.

I'm having one major symptom: hunger! I feel like I could eat a cow, and I've been mainly veggie for a year now! If I see a commercial for food, it all looks good, especially meat.

Thanks for getting us started, greensleeves, and I look forward to other mamas joining soon!
Peace.
#3 of 35 Old 01-22-2005, 07:03 PM

congrats to you both!!!!

add me to the club!

i just got an official today after a very faint and questionable (didnt look at the test for over 4 hours) yesterday. EDD is around 10/3, but i think im just going to say "early october" because people seem to like telling pg women that they will deliver late .

this is baby #2 for us as well, first cycle trying. im still nursing dd#1, and im very nervous about how this pregnancy will affect our nursing relationship. but i figure fate will take care of us and whatever is meant to be will happen.

so far im nauseated, but dd#1 has stomach flu (thats the reason i didnt check yesterdays hpt for 4 hours) so i may just be feeling a bit of her flu. other than that im crampy, have a lower backache, and im peeing all.the.time.

alright, well im happy to be a part of this group!
#4 of 35 Old 01-23-2005, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mamabeth and Super Duper Congratulations!
#5 of 35 Old 01-24-2005, 02:03 PM

Hello there!

I just had a positive test yesterday!

This will be baby #4 for me. I'm crazy, I know. My boys will be 10, 11, and 13 by October when this one comes, so I'm pretty much starting all over. I'm so excited!

Congrats to everyone else!
#6 of 35 Old 01-25-2005, 03:07 AM

Congrats to everyone! I'm happy to be here too!

I haven't had a post-partum period after my son was born, so I'm just guessing that I'm October. Last week I started feeling weird, and took a test on Thursday. I know those tests are foolproof, but it was so ambiguous I couldn't be sure. I took another test on Saturday...still ambiguous...so I bought a different brand and got two pink lines yesterday.

I had precisely 30 seconds of morning sickness during my first pregnancy so this mild but constant nausea is hard to get used to. I have to remind myself to eat, because nothing sounds good but crackers and hot tea. I don't have the constant peeing and breast achiness like the first time, which is nice.

Happy and healthy pregnancies to all.
#7 of 35 Old 01-25-2005, 08:48 PM

Totally in shock, totally excited - we got pregnant our VERY FIRST CYCLE!!!! I'm looking forward to the next nine months with all of you here!

Who's already having symptoms and what are they? I had to go to bed when I got home from work yesterday, I was so sleepy!

So, this is our first baby. When should we tell our parents? I am only 11 DPO, but have had three positive tests. Are things still too risky to tell?
#8 of 35 Old 01-26-2005, 02:12 AM

welcome to the other new october mamas to be!

symptoms i feel nauseated every now and then. im surprised its happening already, i think the first time it didnt start til about 5 or 6 weeks. if i eat or drink water it seems to go away, so im ok with that so far. other than that, i get a little dizzy every now and then, i have some cramping going on, and thats it. im also recovering from a brief stomach flu, so i dont know how much of my symptoms are related to that.

telling ive told some good online friends, and dh of course, and my mom. i feel like shouting it from the rooftops, but i have seen so many women go through the painful process of losing a pregnancy, and i just wouldnt want to have to "un-tell" people. i will probably wait to announce it to the general public until we hear the heartbeat or until i hit the 2nd trimester. ill decide after we hear the heartbeat. i guess the thing to consider when telling your parents is, would you want their support if the unthinkable were to happen? or would you rather keep that private? thats pretty much how i see the "when to tell" decision. good luck!!!
#9 of 35 Old 01-26-2005, 10:58 AM

Congrats bookworm and welcome! That's great that you caught the first cycle! We did too on this one after taking 6 months with my dd, and were shocked too.

I'm almost five weeks (21 dpo?), and my symptoms are hunger that hurts (but this morning I've been okay, making me worried of course ), falling asleep on the couch at 8 p.m., and I got really dizzy last night but don't know if that's bc I also have a cold. With dd I felt pretty much the same and both times it started very early, before I got a ++!

I agree with superduper on the telling. I'm telling people who I would call if something bad happened. I've told my best friend (who's also pg!) and we're going to see my mom in a few weeks so if everything's okay I'll tell her then. But I don't want to tell the general public until we see/hear the heartbeat, which I assume will be at my 8 week appointment. I have a really public job and need to be pretty sure when I announce! Hope that helps.
#10 of 35 Old 01-26-2005, 11:28 AM

Thank you so much for the advice on telling, Mama and Super!

I was so stunned and excited yesterday, I forgot to congratulate everyone! :

Congratulations, everyone!

So, it is really sad - the thing I am fretting over already is the insurance company doing something bad to us, and us winding up in debt. Isn't that awful to have to think like that? And our insurance company is supposedly excellent. I don't trust 'em, I tell ya. Sigh. Trying to remain calm and happy for the baby. I don't think the fact of a baby has sunk in yet, though.
#11 of 35 Old 01-26-2005, 01:53 PM

Hey there!

I tested Positive on Monday! I'm still in shock. It just doesn't seem real! This is going to be my first! Congrats to everyone else!! I'm so happy to be here with you all!!
#12 of 35 Old 01-26-2005, 02:36 PM

Hi all, just found out five days ago that I'm pg with baby #2. I'm due October 4, 2005. I had a miscarriage back in November so am having a lot of anxiety about this pregnancy and wish I could just enjoy it in the blissful way I did my first pregnancy.

So far, no symptoms other than aching breasts.

I'm very glad to be here, we've been trying for 9 months now.

Congrats to all the other mommies!
#13 of 35 Old 01-27-2005, 01:14 PM

I can't believe I'm posting here. LOL!!! I found out yesterday that we are expecting #4! The fastest and darkest BFP I've ever had!!

Symptoms ~ The only ones I always have at this stage is af being late and light cramping/tugging in my abdomen. The fun part...m/s...won't come for a few more weeks. LOL!!

Telling People ~ I've told my dh (DUH! lol) and best friends. I'm working on a plan to tell my Mom. She lives 3 hours away and this will be our last baby so I want it to be special. Not sure when we'll tell our dd's or dh's family. I'm not in a big hurry to tell others. I had a m/c in Nov '01 and it was very painful to tell people. I also want to keep this secret as long as I can.
#14 of 35 Old 01-28-2005, 03:24 PM

Well, I guess it's time for me to post too. I just found out on Wednesday that we're expecting #1. After months of trying this was the first cycle I thought we had no shot. I only took the test because I was three days late and knew that buying an HPT would be the best way to bring AF on. Boy was I surprised to see that second line show up before the dye had even covered the control window!

I'm really scared. Every twinge makes me think it's all over. Being nauseated makes me happy, but then I dread it getting worse. I'm so bloated I need new pants.

But I'm really happy! And emotional! I cried this morning just thinking about how much I love my grandma. :

We're not telling anyone right now. We have a planned two-week vacation to Italy starting next Tuesday and I may tell my mom when we get back. I want to put off telling the in-laws as long as possible. They're not going to be happy about:

-midwives
-home birth
-no U/S without medical necessity
-not knowing the gender
-not knowing the name/names ahead of time
-delayed/selected vax
-no circ if the pumpkin seed grows a penis

The longer I can put of those discussions the better!

Glad to join you all, even if everything is completely freaking me out now,

Jess
#15 of 35 Old 01-28-2005, 03:33 PM

Hi all! I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant! I'm mostly excited and happy, but a little nervouse since I had a m/c at 9 weeks in October. Although, funny little coincidence, this baby is due on Oct 1st which is when I had my m/c. So far I'm not really feeling like sharing this news yet. DH and I have each told our best friends, but are going to hold off on telling family and the rest of our friends for a while.

I am planning a homebirth this time around, can't wait to call the midwife we had hired for the last pregnancy. I really love her and can't wait to get started with her!

So far no real sympomts other than a bad case of the weepies ...that's actually what made me suspect. I had no m/s when I was pg with my DS either so not really surprised I don't have that.

Here's to a healthy and happy 9 months for all of us!
#16 of 35 Old 01-28-2005, 03:37 PM

Jess, I know exactly what you mean about the inlaws! My fil is a doctor...a radiologist no less! You can imagine how he feels about no u/s . My standard line is..."I've done the research and know that I am making the safest choices, if you can find me valid research that shows otherwise, we'll talk. but until then...NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" (said in the nicest possible way of course!

As for the stuff about not knowing gender/names, has it really become that uncommon that your ILs will try and complain?!?!?! I didn't find out with my son and our families kind of enjoyed the suspense!
#17 of 35 Old 01-28-2005, 03:44 PM

Andrea -- Ah, the gender thing is big in my husband's family. There have been boys boys boys and they're dying for a girl. Matt's cousin has five kids -- all boys! Matt's cousins are all boys. There hasn't been a girl in a long time. They're going to want to know if this one is a girl. Yeah, I want to know too, but not enough to needlessly risk an unecessary ultrasound. The Chinese gender predictor says boy but I hear those things are only 50% accurate .

Best wishes to you. I had two early chemicals before this one (faint positive followed the next day by AF) and I'm freaked. I wish you the very best. I hope this ends up being a very supportive group. Let me know if I can help you out. I'll send you some reiki, if ya' like.

Jess
#18 of 35 Old 01-28-2005, 03:55 PM

Congrats to all!!!!!! It's so much fun to watch this forum fill up!

shorinmama--I went to Italy when I was about 12 weeks pg with my dd. It was a lot of fun but make sure and take it easy with the touring! So much walking wore me out but the gelato, pasta, pizza, everything else, was worth it. Tell people you are pregnant (prounounced "encheenta") and you will get special treatment. We got special desserts and drinks (for dh) and everything!

audra--I'm in Georgia too, north atlanta area. PM me if you need LLL info or anything.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know y'all.
#19 of 35 Old 01-28-2005, 06:29 PM

Shorinmama, I went to Italy when I was 12 weeks pregnant with #1 too! I second everything that mamabeth said. Gelato was awesome. Buy bottled water away from the tourist areas and carry it. We bought 1 cute little outfit and I was so sad when we had to pack it away, because it brought such good memories.
#20 of 35 Old 01-29-2005, 01:36 PM

Gender's an issue in my dh's family too! There is one grandson and SIX granddaughters! I know there will be comments from them.

My Mom should find out today! I sent her a card w/ a crystal for her Grandmother's Bracelet. I wrote on the back of the envelope to call before she opens it. I want to be on the phone with her when she opens it.
#21 of 35 Old 01-30-2005, 03:34 PM

I found out yesterday I will be expecting #3 on 10/9/05..very much a surprise but a nice one!
#22 of 35 Old 01-30-2005, 05:15 PM

Thought I would join in too. We just found out we are pregnant with our second - the little mango is due to arrive early Oct (Oct 8). Thus far a little queasiness and lots and lots of insomnia!! Same as with my first .....

Congratulations everyone. Here's to 9 beautiful and joyous months.
#23 of 35 Old 01-30-2005, 05:44 PM

I'm October 8, too! Looks like we're going to have lots of charming little Libra babies!

Congrats, everyone!
#24 of 35 Old 01-30-2005, 08:32 PM

: : :
#25 of 35 Old 01-31-2005, 01:02 PM

Welcome and Congrats!!

My Mom didn't get the card Saturday. So I'm hoping she gets it today!! I can't keep this secret from her much longer. lol
#26 of 35 Old 01-31-2005, 02:12 PM

Well, unfortunately I won't be joining here...just had a loss.

Congrats to all of you. I wish you the best.
#27 of 35 Old 02-01-2005, 11:07 PM

I am so sorry for your loss
#28 of 35 Old 02-01-2005, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

#29 of 35 Old 02-01-2005, 11:17 PM

oh no! I am sorry

and of course, I will go start a new thread right now
#30 of 35 Old 02-02-2005, 11:14 AM

greensleeves and ilovelife, I'm so sorry for your losses. Many hugs to you and hopes that you'll both be back soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page