Baby bliss in the wal mart parking lot - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-27-2005, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are in the process of moving into our new house. In the excitement and with all the work, I didn't realize that I did not get my period. Last night, I mentioned it to dh and we woke up at 5:30 am- got Lucy up and headed for our 24 hour WalMart- only place in our town to buy a hpt at 5 am! When I went in- of course, the only cashier was an older man- he was like' yes or no?'' Excuse me? ?"Yes or no- which one you want it to be?' I had to crack up at the absurdity of it all. In the parking lot, with little Lucy strapped in her carseat, watching her totally insane parents dip a pee stick in saved first morning pee- I watched the two lines turn pink and change our family forever. What a juicy secret! We celebrated with a pancake breakfast! Yikes, we are having another baby!
#2 of 7 Old 01-27-2005, 10:22 AM

A big congratulations to you and your family! It always seems to happen when you least expect it, doesn't it? We found out the day before my sister's birthday and 2 days before my birthday, after 18 months TTC. It was also the first day of my vacation (I had taken a week off work to tackle some home improvements, spent the week sleeping instead). I have such a beautiful mental image of the three of you in the car in an empty wal-mart parking lot. You and your Dh bent over the test stick expectantly with a sleepy little girl buckled in her car seat in the back wondering what is going on, mouth slightly open, watching her parents. And the gloom of early morning with streaks of the coming sun breaking in the distance.

Did you go back in and tell the older gentleman?
#3 of 7 Old 01-27-2005, 08:29 PM

what a cute story! congratulations!

I also told my dh in the very romantic CVS parking lot. We were on the way to a "date" anyway and I told him I had to run in, and he insisted on coming with me even though I wanted to surprise him! But he was glad to be a part of things this time too.

from another southern mama (Georgia).
#4 of 7 Old 01-28-2005, 10:31 PM

That is such a great story! Southernmama, you write SO well!!!!
#5 of 7 Old 01-28-2005, 10:45 PM

Congratuations....Your story made me laugh!

Now I want pancakes!
#6 of 7 Old 02-01-2005, 01:53 AM

YOur story reminds me of mine with ds2. I was buying a bouquet of flowers of a dear dear friend in the hospital (more for his wife really he had not woke up for days...anywho...) and realized i was like 2 weeks late. We had been trying for about 2 years and I was not keeping that close account that month with all that was happening with said friend. So I bought a test and stuck it in my purse and went to the hospital. After a bit I had to pee and went into the bathroom. I thought what the heck I will test now. (so wierd looking back...) and there it was 2 lines. Then I was like WHOA!!! We had been trying for like 2 years ya know?? I went out into the room with my little secret. It was only me and the dying friend. I told him I was pregnant even though I did not know what he could hear anymore. I then went home as it was about supper time. He died about 2 hours later. I always think of him as Garrett's angel. Like Garrett was meant for him to watch over. Such a cool thing. What a rollercoaster day.

Congrats by the way. Hopefully I'm right behind you...
#7 of 7 Old 02-01-2005, 01:07 PM

Congrats! I ran to my best friend's house last night to borrow a test from her...so she knew first!

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page