Oh my word, the HUNGER! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-28-2005, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Day 14, and I have never been so hungry in my life - in fact, I could not have imagined such hunger. It is mind-blowing!

Today, I got up and ate a large bowl of lentil/potato/brown rice stew for BREAKFAST. I packed a "snack" of an apple and a sandwich for work, and I wound up eating that for breakfast, too. When I got home from work four hours later, I ate: another large sandwich, an apple, a bowl of brown rice, half a large yellow squash, some brussels sprouts, another apple, a bunch of cashews, and some ice cream. I think I am forgetting something, but you get the idea. I'm HUNGRY. My husband is in shock, watching me. He alternates between laughing and watching me with his mouth hanging open. It really is quite unbelievable. Did my stomach double in size overnight? Where am I fitting it all?

It makes me remember stories I've heard about women who made it months into pregnancy without realizing they were pregnant, and I'm a little baffled. I am on day 14, and I feel like I have been replaced by a really sleepy hippopotamus (hippos eat alot, right?). Is it a good sign, being this hungry so soon? Oh, I hope this baby sticks around.
#2 of 10 Old 01-28-2005, 10:57 PM

Ah, I was just like you about five years ago. I could anything, anytime, anywhere. Then I awoke one day to realize my size 4 petite figure had disappeared and I was now 175!

I am not say this will happen. Just be cautious with your eating. Do your best to stay away from fattening foods. You do sound like you are eating good things though. I had a downful. Chips and dip. Not to mention eating at 2 am in front of the fridge.

I also took to sleeping hours and hours. When I wasn't eating, I was sleeping. I originally thought I was ill. I could go to bed at 9:30 on a Friday and not wake until 1pm on Saturday.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.
#3 of 10 Old 01-28-2005, 11:01 PM

Heheh, I had a very similar experience with early pregnancy! Not so much the ravenousness, that came later, but the extreme fatigue right away. I was all, "The baby is like the size of a grain of sand, how can it be making me so tired?" But all the hormonal stuff starts ging crazy really fast once conception happens, and it's the hormones making you so sleepy.

Enjoy your pregnancy! It's such an amazing process!
#4 of 10 Old 01-29-2005, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

It is 9:15 in the morning and I am eating red beans and rice to which I added carrots, broccoli, and kale. NINE FIFTEEN IN THE MORNING, I TELL YA - KALE!!!! :

They're shutting down the grocery store. I have eaten all the food.
#5 of 10 Old 01-29-2005, 01:01 PM

I am so relating...actually I was just trying to figure out what to make next. That's totally how I knew I was pregnant, that I was hungry every five minutes. It's been a little better the past few days, but I've been sick, and now I'm feeling better and the hunger is back!

it sounds like you're eating good stuff though! my first pg, I was poster girl for what NOT to eat while you're expecting. :LOL trying to do better with this one.
#6 of 10 Old 01-29-2005, 01:22 PM

I'm having a similar, but different experience. I get instantly and ravenously hungry. I fix myself something soothing and then get totally full after I've only eaten about a third of what I thought I'd eat. It's so funny to get totally full midway through one piece of toast.

Jess
#7 of 10 Old 01-29-2005, 01:30 PM

:LOL

I've been really hungry too!! I keep telling myself that I'm not and how could I be, I just found out about the bean on Wednesday!! My body is telling me otherwise!!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to getting groceries!! I need more food in this house!!!!
#8 of 10 Old 01-30-2005, 06:27 PM

I was so hungry with my first pg that I had food by my bedside so I could eat in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning--before breakfast! Of course, I gained a pound a week in my first trimester! I ended up gaining 50 pounds total. Since I'm starting out 10 pounds higher than last time around, I hope I don't gain that much!
#9 of 10 Old 02-11-2005, 06:41 PM

i am like, completely positive that i've gained like 4 pounds already.
eat eat eat
nosh nosh nosh
sleep sleep sleep
eat eat eat...

you get the point!
i'm making fish sticks right now.
and i just had a peanut butter sandwich. well...half.
and like, 3 muffins.
and...man. the list goes on and on.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#10 of 10 Old 02-12-2005, 01:52 PM

yeah...and it's hunger, not munchies, cravings...I get Hungry...growling tummy hungry...I am trying to eat frequently so I don't get there but it's like 10 minutes after I eat...growl growl...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page