Pregnancy dreams - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-29-2005, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my first pregnancy dream last night. In the dream Mr. P-Chan and I were lying in bed, and he said, "Wait, I think there's something at the foot of the bed." He went to check, and returned with the baby. It was a red, wrinkly, healthy little boy.

This is similar to dreams I had in my first pregnancy (painfree and instant childbirth), but I didn't have those until month 4 or 5.

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 01-29-2005, 07:12 PM

I usually don't start having them until my 2nd trimester. Mine are very violent and sad.
#3 of 12 Old 01-31-2005, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Yikes. I wish you more peaceful ones this time around!
#4 of 12 Old 01-31-2005, 09:39 PM

I had a great dream that I was on a train with a friend of mine from college, and we were going through Europe (which we did several years ago) and saw all these awesome waterfalls. It was a very clear dream, which I have during pg, and it was really nice. I wish the same for you, teachinmama!
#5 of 12 Old 02-03-2005, 12:17 PM

I had quite a few pregnancy/baby dreams last week one was about a breast pump for some reason and one was where it was a boy and named Caleb
#6 of 12 Old 02-04-2005, 09:27 AM

My husband has already dreamed twice we are having a boy, even though his slight preference is a girl. I feel like we are having a boy, which, although it may not turn out to be true, is relevant to the dream I'm about to recount. Our boy name so far is Simon.

In my dream, I am single, and I meet a guy that I am just crazy about. We start getting to know each other through long romantic phone conversations, and the more we talk, the more I fall head over heels in love with him, and it seems he is feeling the same way about me. Then, he stops calling me. I try to call him, and he pretends everything is okay, but basically he is distant and I know things are over with no explanation.

The next night, I dream basically the same thing, except that this time when I try to call him, a woman answers, and says she is his girlfriend. Her name is Amy (my name in real life). What makes this a pregnancy dream is that the guy's name, both nights, is SIMON.

I wake up wondering if this is a premonition that I am having a son and he will remain distant from me though I crave him. What do you experienced preggies think of this?
#7 of 12 Old 02-12-2005, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I haven't had any dreams about baby's yet...but I have extremely scary/wierd/disturbing/violent dreams every night. Except for the night before last, that was a good peaceful sleep. Last night I dreamt that my husband and I went to visit his body in the morgue and it was all bloated and gushy...and he kept wanting to sneak back in and poke it...so we did, and then we got caught and the people (so I thought in my dream) that owned the morgue were going to put us in the cold boxes and let us die slowly. I woke myself up. It was just a really gross, disturbing dream and didn't help at all with my morning sickness. blech. Anyways...I have like 2-4 bad dreams a night. Does anybody have any magic cures? I would be forever grateful!

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

#8 of 12 Old 02-12-2005, 03:12 PM

Well, since I posted...I've already started having the dreams. I had one last week and it was AWFUL!!

Ryleeee ~ It's nice to know other ladies have violent dreams too. I wish I had a magic cure.
#9 of 12 Old 02-15-2005, 02:44 PM

I had really starnge dreams with ds! Nursing kittens etc. I remember when I asked ob if weird dreams were normal? His response " I can send you to a good therapist"!!!

This pregnancy have not had any terribly weird dreams yet, but they are more vivid it seems.
#10 of 12 Old 02-16-2005, 01:10 PM

I've had two fairly strange baby dreams recently...

Last week, I dreamt I had a baby girl. I have no idea why, but I wasn't able to nurse her for the first two weeks, but I was still determined to try. I was working with a nurse who kept telling me that it might be too late.

And last night that I had a dream that I had a baby boy. He was about five months old and very big for his age, like a one year old or something. He was sweet and adorable and all was fine, until I discovered all of a sudden that he had an extra finger! I called my mom on the phone right away, and she was like, Oh yeah I noticed that last week but I wasn't sure if I should say anything... :

Interesting, huh? :LOL
#11 of 12 Old 02-16-2005, 02:29 PM

It was a dream that made me pee on a stick. I dreamed I saw a BFP.

Last night I dreamed I was running auditions for a Broadway show. :LOL

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#12 of 12 Old 02-16-2005, 05:02 PM

I've been having nightmares as well. Night after night, it's so frustrating. Every night I talk to the baby and ask him/her to visit me during my dreams but instead I get killer bears, serial killers, and plane crashes.

Jess

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page