Abdominal pain at only 15 DPO? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-29-2005, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 15 days pregnant, and beginning last night, I have a dull but pretty strong pain on my right side. Of course my first thought was the dreaded word - ectopic. But I read that ectopic pain is usually more like spasms of pain, and this is more of a continuous ache. This feels like it could be my tube, but also hurts somewhat in my hip, too. Also, I have had no spotting, not even upon implantation. When I couldn't sleep, I finally got up and searched MDC for other women's experiences with this, but it seems mine is earlier than anyone else who posted. It also seems early for ligament pain?

I am so hungry and so sleepy and so hormonal - emotional. My pregnancy tests get darker every day. Does all this mean I am probably having a regular pregnancy? I'm trying to think positive!

I have my first appointment on Tuesday, and will discuss it with the doctor, but geez, I could use some feedback before then. Does anyone else have experience with abdomnial pain this early in pregnancy? Would I be so insanely hungry if it were ectopic?
#2 of 4 Old 01-30-2005, 02:24 PM

You could do a search for ectopic symptoms. I have had some twinges on one side or another from very early on...it could just be your uterus starting to stretch!

I hope everything goes great at your appointment. Chances are it will.
#3 of 4 Old 01-30-2005, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, Beth! I think it is going to be okay - today the pain has moved more into my hip - does not feel like it could be anywhere near the "tube".
#4 of 4 Old 01-30-2005, 06:21 PM

Hello, I had that kind of side pain, it felt like it ranged from dull to sharp on my ovary or the tube there, I wasn't sure. But the midwife said that early on some women feel a pressure there from the corpus luteum which is sustaining everything until the placenta takes over. HTH! let us know what the dr says! Karen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page