Headaches, ouch! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-30-2005, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Found out I'm expecting #4 a week ago today; expected due date by my calculations is Oct 2.

For over a week now, I have been having horrible headaches! Tylenol doesn't seem to help, naps don't help...

I've heard headaches can happen with pregnacy, but I don't recall having them like this with the others! Its awful! I see the doctor on Thursday, what can I do until then?
#2 of 5 Old 02-12-2005, 10:24 PM

I've been getting headaches too...I've just been trying to nap them away. I think if you eat fruit it will help. I get migraines chronically, but I haven't had them in like, a year and a half. Getting headaches back is sucky but worth it. I'm not taking anything for them though...I'm too scared.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#3 of 5 Old 02-13-2005, 10:33 AM

i've found with migraines that having a can of soda really helps. The caffeine takes the edge off, but its much less than what you'd find in an Excedrin.
#4 of 5 Old 02-13-2005, 02:18 PM

I second the Coca-cola suggestion, as caffeine in any amount will definitely help.

Also, stay super hydrated. Your body needs more hydration than ever before. So, when you feel a headache coming on, drink a huge glass of water. It may help, and it certainly can't hurt.
#5 of 5 Old 02-13-2005, 04:52 PM

I have had a few, todays is the worst. It's been hurting since I got up at 8. I had a dr pepper with lunch, so we'll see if the caffiene helps. I work tonight, I really don't want to have to work with a horrible headache and while nausious. LOL

aisling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page