Dh just confirmed it...I'm popping out! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2005, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I know this sounds unbelievable because I'm not quite six weeks yet, but over the weekend I started noticing that it was harder and uncomfortable to keep my belly sucked in (which I always do, diastasis and all that).

Today, I asked dh (who had been gone all weekend) if he could see a difference, and he said that it looked different, that my belly is smooth and rounded now. He was being nice...dd was 10 lbs 9 oz and I have tons of extra skin down there, but it's starting to smooth and stick out!!!!!! is this for real? I knew it would be early but this is freaky!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2005, 01:28 AM

my husband just said the same thing to me today ... i am only 5 weeks!! I don't know what to think. I know I had a tiny bit of belly still from the first guy but this looks different somehow. oy!
Old 01-31-2005, 02:00 PM

I've been SUPER bloated the last few days! I look like I'm about 5 months pregnant! :LOL Too bad it's all left-over pooch from 3 other babies.

I'm having to wear my maternity pants tho. I can wear my regular jeans but they fit reeeeally weird on me.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:15 PM

I tried a pair of pants this morning that didn't work. It seems awfully early for this! If I suck it in and stand up straight I look like normal, but if I relax and slouch I look about 5 months pregnant. I'm getting worried someone will guess before I'm ready to tell.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I'm getting worried someone will guess before I'm ready to tell.
Me too!! I just found out we have a family funeral to go to this week. I have ONE outfit that I can wear and hid it kinda..but it's maternity khaki pants and my denim shirt....not really dressy for a funeral. *shrug*
Old 01-31-2005, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Well, luckily I lost about 40 pounds last year so I have four sizes of bigger clothes to choose from when I need to :LOL At least I had a few months to enjoy being skinny! The good thing is that I will probably need to get all new maternity clothes this time. Dh is thrilled. .

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy!
Old 02-01-2005, 12:12 AM

Well I had to run out tonight to buy some trousers - mine were simply too uncomfortable to wear for even a moment longer.

Luckily the Liz Lange jeans don't look much like maternity jeans so I think I may still be able to keep the secret for a touch longer. Except that my mom is coming to visit tomorrow and I am certain I won'e be able to keep the news from her.

How very weird to be shopping in the maternity section at 5 weeks! But, glad I am not alone.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:55 PM

I don't think I've actually popped so much as stopped sucking in my left-over baby flab from Cole

As far as pants, I wear my jeans pretty low rise anyway, so my belly just sort of flops over the waistband...attractive I know, but still pretty comfy!
Old 02-01-2005, 04:36 PM

I'm just starting week 5, but everything still fits just fine. I'm really hoping to make it to 10 weeks before I have to go shopping, but we'll see. It seems like everyone pops out so early with subsequent pregnancies!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
i'm also in week 5 but my husband and i agree that my tummy is looking a lot different...like rounder and more...outie. lol.

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 02-12-2005, 03:16 PM

I'm glad to hear others are already showing also. I was kind of worried, my pants are already kind of tight and when I let my belly out and don't suck in, I look 3 months pregnant (I'm 6 weeks). I don't remember showing this early at all with my first.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:45 PM

Im almost 7 weeks and just starting to show a tad! This is my second.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:57 PM

I am only on my fifth week and have no signs of belly, but my b**bs have already gotten bigger - and they are sooo sore. My dh has already said something to me - - of course he is happy about this. LOL.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:12 PM

I'm 6w3d and on my 4th pregnancy. I had to break out the below the belly maternity jeans last week! I'm just so dang bloated! I rather be comfy in my maternity's than trying to stuff my bloat into my regular clothes Glad to know I'm not the only one

User Tag List