Report your latest symptoms, everybody! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's everybody going through this week?

I am on day 18, and I am about to clean out all the food in the entire city. Even if I didn't keep track of my period, and didn't know I was pregnant yet, I would KNOW something was up with this hunger! I'm pretty tired, too.

Also, I feel this weird tightness in the middle of my abdomen that is new to me. I guess that would be my uterus growing? Dunno, but I find it comforting. I really am pregnant!

What about y'all? (Don't forget to tell how far along you are when you report, heehee.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 12:15 PM

I'm 5wks today (3wks from O).

So far I've had:
*Hunger
*Tiredness
*Light cramping in my abdomen
*Slight nausea in the mornings (hoping that gets worse)
*Tender abdomen
#3 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 12:31 PM

I'm 5 weeks, 4 days.

Hunger! Right now (10:30 a.m.) I am fighting the urge to go to Zaxby's (you Georgia mamas probably know what I'm talking about) for chicken and fries. Don't know if this is a battle I'm going to win. :

Tired...I've been dead asleep by 8 or 9 every night.

Smells are starting to bother me like from the fridge, but with dd I didn't get really sick until 7 or 8 weeks. We'll see how that goes.

And, as I said in the other thread, my belly's starting to pop out! My lower back's hurting already too.
#4 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 03:38 PM

I'm a bit tired and my appetite is strong. I've had a few brief waves of nausea, but nothing major yet. I'm hoping this doesn't get worse! I feel a bit bloated, but my stomach looks the same and my clothes fit just fine.
#5 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 05:59 PM

I'm 5 weeks today. So far I've had:

nausea
fatigue
sore breasts
sensitivity to smells
spotting
mild cramping
bloated abdomen

i've never been so happy to be sick and tired!
#6 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 06:39 PM

Not quite sure how far along I am; my guess is 5 weeks.

I have:
*mild but pretty constant queasiness
*some hunger but nothing sounds good
*tightness in abdomen
*poochy belly
*fatigue

ETA: How could I forget my scatterbrainedness! I'm losing and forgetting everthing these days.
#7 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-chan
ETA: How could I forget my scatterbrainedness! I'm losing and forgetting everthing these days.
How could I forget to mention that I'm forgetting everything too? LOL! Preggo brain has definitely set in.
#8 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 07:02 PM

Just found you guys. I am 5 weeks, 1 day and due 10/3. My current symptoms are:
*Lots of bloating
*bigger, tender breasts--like a 1/2 cup bigger
*tiredness, but insomnia around 4am
*little to no appetite
#9 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 10:11 PM

At a little over 5 weeks I am mostly experiencing insomnia at night (with, of course, tiredness during the day) A little nausea here and there and then my BIG pooching and very sensitive belly (yep, I am sitting here in maternity pants because I can't handle anything touching my tummy)

let the fun begin .....
#10 of 51 Old 02-01-2005, 10:12 PM

oh yea, that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveGirl
How could I forget to mention that I'm forgetting everything too? LOL! Preggo brain has definitely set in.
#11 of 51 Old 02-02-2005, 11:20 AM

From my calculations I am 5 weeks 3-4 days! Starting right after I found out last week I've had:

~Nausea on & off
~When I start getting hungry I HAVE TO EAT right away or feel sick!!
~Craving protein like yogurt & milk etc.
~Slight Cramps
~Sore & swollen breasts
~Bloated stomach
~Just starting to feel more tired. Went to bed at 7:30 last night!
#12 of 51 Old 02-02-2005, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

So, I am old and behind the times and this is my first baby, so I had no idea about this counting business! Silly me, I was counting how long I had ACTUALLY been pregnant. But I'm going to get hip with the rest of the world, therefore I now know I will be five weeks on Friday. Tonight, I went to bed at 5:00. I got up to eat a toasted cheese sandwich and a pear, and put it in some laundry, and am about to go back to bed!

This may sound crazy, but I can so feel this baby growing in my abdomen. The whole middle of my abdomen is stiff and funny-feeling. I am hesitant to even bend over, though of course I can. It is very weird, but I like it, since it reminds me of what is happening in there.

I'm still on the eating rampage. My husband is going to name me the Pregnant Woman Who Ate Tennessee. I'm not going to help him by pointing out this nickname, but I know it is just a matter of time.

I'm so happy I'm not too crazy or spacey yet, since I'm trying to hide this at work, but I know both things are in my future.
#13 of 51 Old 02-02-2005, 11:27 PM

Quote:
my BIG pooching and very sensitive belly (yep, I am sitting here in maternity pants because I can't handle anything touching my tummy)
Whew! So glad I'm not the only one! My belly isn't tender all the time..it seems to come and go. I'm terribly bloated tho!!!! I'm also wearing maternity pants already.
#14 of 51 Old 02-03-2005, 01:33 AM

Nothing much. No weight gain, no cravings, decent appetite, feel sick in the morning and late evening but no vomiting yet. My kids are the best and I can nap every afternoon when dd does. If ds is not at preschool he plays quietly and handles his own snack, and if he is at preschool they, of course, are caring for him.

Still working out each morning. I didn't with either of the previous pregnancies and I think that makes a difference.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#15 of 51 Old 02-03-2005, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitMissesJim

Still working out each morning. I didn't with either of the previous pregnancies and I think that makes a difference.
me too. I was on bedrest for a good portion of my first pregnancy and I do not want to go that long again without exercise - uck! So I am still hitting the pilates machine every day and walking as much as I can.
#16 of 51 Old 02-03-2005, 11:15 AM

I have sore bbs that come and go..I also have nausea once in awhile and am totally exhausted so I am taking my prenatals to combat that :
#17 of 51 Old 02-04-2005, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh, the insomnia.
#18 of 51 Old 02-04-2005, 10:45 AM

I'm not feeling much here either. Little bit of sore nipples (but I'm nursing two so I suppose that's to be expected), little bit of nausea which quickly subsides. That's about it.

Feeling really good, actually. Thus far.
#19 of 51 Old 02-04-2005, 02:48 PM

I guess i'm about 6 weeks give or take a day or two. So far I've got really sore nipples (which is a big problem as my first still nurses a good amount), tired and HUNGRY ALL THE TIME
#20 of 51 Old 02-07-2005, 05:34 PM

So far, no nausea BUT I sleep 8-9 hours at night and still wish I could take a nap in the afternoon.
And I have NEVER been so hungry in my LIFE!!! sheesh...I was under the (mistaken) impression that the hunger didn't kick in until a little later. Shows what I know!
#21 of 51 Old 02-07-2005, 10:58 PM

Hi All,
I am about 4 weeks pregnant, just tested 2 days ago. Have been pretty hungry and getting a little tired in the evenings earlier than usual. The interesting thing for me was waking up last night at about 3 am and feeling this amazing euphoric swirling sensation in my entire body, like i was floating around in a warm ocean. It felt magical and beautiful.. has anyone else felt this?
#22 of 51 Old 02-07-2005, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
erthmama: I had a swirly, tingly, wind-like sensation in my womb the day of implantation. I felt that once before, about mid pregnancy with #1, and someone had prayed over my belly for my baby. I felt that same feeling. This time, I believe it was implantation. I felt it in the afternoon, I had implantation bleeding that night, and implantation cramps the following morning. (Not everyone has implantation bleeding, but it has been a feature of all 3 of my pregnancies.

I had a pregnancy dream the morning I woke with the cramps! I was full term, sitting on the toilet at our house. The baby turned over, and full term babies moving like that is a whole belly motion crazy feeling. I called my DH and asked him to come in the bathroom. As he helped me up, I had a humongous contraction. And right then, I woke up to cramping, and was sure AF had arrived. But she never did!
#23 of 51 Old 02-08-2005, 01:37 PM

I have a little nausea, gas, kind of expanding feeling in my uterus. It's strange cause my uterus is tilted which I never sense when I get AF cramps but all my pregnancy symptoms in the beginning are on the left side. I'm also getting a strange feeling I don't remember having before. Best way to describe it is a painful twinge if I roll over too quickly. Anbyone else get this?
#24 of 51 Old 02-08-2005, 03:12 PM

I've been nausious from conception. I'm hungry frequently. Peeing often & crampy both since implantation (I had spotting). uhm sometimes dizzy. Total preggo brain, I have to do counts at close at work (movie theater) and have been counting wrong/adding wrong.

Aisling
#25 of 51 Old 02-09-2005, 04:59 PM

hi all,

tired, spacey, hungry, sort of nauseous, ear congestion (yes you heard me right. I got this with my dd, too), cranky, spaced out.

fun, huh?

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#26 of 51 Old 02-10-2005, 02:03 PM

I have tons of symtoms...but mild

I have slight queasiness...fatigue but that could be due to sick kids and not sleeping although sometimes I just this "weighted down" feeling and I have to lay down...

slight crampies
itchy rash on back of hand(yep, got this last month with chemical preg)
occasional dizziness
emotional...cry at everything...3 times yesterday over little moving things...like the Happy Days show where Ritchie is in a car accident and the Fonz is praying
sore nipples when baby nurses and shooting pains in breasts
fluttering feelings in abdomen
frequent peeing
very very thirsty

Some of you mentioned a swirling feeling..awesome...

I had a feeling of being real close to my child 2 days after I got preggo...I don't think it was implantation but it was really wonderful, it may have actually been fertilization as I am not quite sure of my O date...it may have been 2 days later than ff told me...it felt so peaceful...I was driving and being mindful, not really thinking about ttc and the feeling just came and I welcomed it and it felt really good...

Good luck to all you ladies...

eta...heartburn for past 2 days
#27 of 51 Old 02-11-2005, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm 5 weeks, 4 days today.
My boobs HURT LIKE HELL! And they are getting bigger (score!).
I am hungry ALL THE TIME. And tired all the time. And I pee a LOT.And...my sinuses are totally congested. I'm very nauseous all the time. I also have slight cramping in my abdomen. Oh and the cravings. I dream all day long about McChickens and Battered Fish with Tartar Sauce. It's seriously all I want to eat. Oh yes, and I'm a crier.

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#28 of 51 Old 02-12-2005, 07:02 AM

Insomnia! This has just hit tonite/today. It is 4:53 a.m. and I am wide awake. I have tried several times to go to sleep, chamomile tea, etc. I am sipping some Natural Calm magnesium right now to see if that will help. Once I'm done drinking it I will most likely try a warm bath too. My mind is spinning out of control when I lay down to sleep. What is really awful about it is I have a college class to go to at 9am. If I can't get some sleep, I don't know how I'm going to be able to drive myself there and stay awake for a three hour class!

Also tonite, maybe from this lack of sleep, a funny twitch in my eye. Definitely moody, although not as bad as when I was pregnant with ds. Bloated belly for sure. Some indigestion. Forgetfulness. Very slow to respond when someone asks me a question. Nipples hurt a bit when ds nurses. Peeing a lot. Very thirsty. Lower back ache off and on. Sinus irritation and congestion off and on which makes me need to mouth breathe, it gets annoying. And very sensitive....when I asked a question in class last Saturday in class, the professor pointed out the answer and was like "Doh!"a nd laughed at me and so then I was pretty much keeping my head down and holding back tears for a minute or two after that.

Wow, I didn't realize all the symptoms I was having until I though about it

#29 of 51 Old 02-12-2005, 12:36 PM

April, are you using the Mamacalm or just the regular? I noticed while I was at class on Tuesday that the Mamacalm has a boost of folic acid and zinc in it. I was thinking of trying it instead of the normal.

I hope you got some rest last night!
#30 of 51 Old 02-12-2005, 02:53 PM

I haven't heard of the Mamacalm; is it in health food stores? I'll have to check it out.
After I look up a recipe for my son's b-day cake topping, him and I are going to take a nap. I didn't get to sleep until 5:30am! I did actually manage to get to class somehow, and it turns out the professor wasn't feeling well and we ended a little early.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page