October Mamas here please - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 65 Old 02-01-2005, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Let's do our introductions here ....

We found out 1 week ago that we are pregnant with our second! The little mango is due to arrive early Oct (Oct 8). We are thrilled and keeping our fingers crossed that we get to stay off bedrest with this one!
#2 of 65 Old 02-02-2005, 01:37 PM

Hi and Congrats!!

Most of us have already posted an intro here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=240132
#3 of 65 Old 02-02-2005, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

I know, I posted mine there too as well. Greensleeves asked that we not continue that thread as she began it and has, unfortunately, lost her little one. I was trying to help out my getting another thread going so hers doesn't continue to send her notices.
#4 of 65 Old 02-02-2005, 03:55 PM

Oic
#5 of 65 Old 02-02-2005, 07:17 PM

I'm pg with baby #2 and due October 4, 2005. I had a miscarriage back in November so am having a lot of anxiety about this pregnancy and wish I could just enjoy it in the blissful way I did my first pregnancy.

We have a son born May 2002.

I'm very glad to be here, we've been trying for 9 months now.

Congrats to all the other mommies!
#6 of 65 Old 02-02-2005, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Serenity! wishing you a beautiful pregnancy
#7 of 65 Old 02-02-2005, 10:51 PM

Hello again everyone! My husband and I are 33 and 39, respectively, and we got pregnant our very first try after 5 1/2 years of marriage. We're still a little bit in shock - we were prepared to try for a year! So far I'm feeling very pregnant - went to bed at 5:00 tonight, got up to eat a snack (and of course post on MDC ) and am about to go back to bed! We'll be five weeks on Friday, so it's still very early for us - we haven't even told our parents yet. Secretly, though, I have a good feeling about our little Libra baby.
#8 of 65 Old 02-03-2005, 01:31 AM

I've known for two days now that we are expecting our 3rd. My cycle is extremely sporadic, but we guess early Oct. I will have a U/S on the 23rd to check things out.

We do not wish to know the gender of this child, as we have one boy (4-00) and one girl (12-02) so it doesn't "matter" in terms of getting the proper gear together.

We are very excited, particularly about trying out hypnobirthing!

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#9 of 65 Old 02-03-2005, 11:13 AM

I am pregnant with #3 due 10/9/05 I tested on Saturday with a faint positive and then Monday with a BFP!
#10 of 65 Old 02-03-2005, 01:04 PM

Hi Kristi Good to see you over here too! I post with you over at Ovusoft.
#11 of 65 Old 02-03-2005, 10:37 PM

Hi there,
I am pretty sure that I'm in the October group. I never had a period after my son was born, so there's a little bit of guesswork involved until the doctor's visit. This will be #2 for me. Best wishes to everyone for a happy and healthy pregnancy!
#12 of 65 Old 02-04-2005, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Kristi, P-chan and KermitMissesJim - its nice to see more and more mamas show up here
#13 of 65 Old 02-04-2005, 06:57 PM

Hi, I am Sarah. I found out last Thursday, and my approx due date is 10/3. I have a 22 month old son, named Noah, as well. So far, this pregnancy is starting different than the previous one. Sickness seems to be coming on quicker.
#14 of 65 Old 02-04-2005, 08:06 PM

Hello October mamas! I have just found out today (wow!) that I am pregnant with our second (Daughter Rhiannon born July 2, 2003) and we have not told anyone yet but are absolutely thrilled. I am 37 and my husband is 31 and I finally joined after referencing here - you guys make me feel so normal with your parenting outlooks. Sometimes suburbia is less than understanding of attachment parenting so I was very happy when a friend put me onto you! I would love to hear fom anyone who feels as I do - happy but a teeny bit scared with the age thing and juggling a toddler (19 months) and trying to get focused on the new little sprog!
Happy happy joy joy!
#15 of 65 Old 02-04-2005, 09:32 PM

Yay for all the upcoming October babies! : : :

And welcome, Blissful Mama! I started a thread on mamas pregnant with their second/third/fourth, and you have plenty of company in terms of being an emotional roller coaster.
#16 of 65 Old 02-05-2005, 04:33 PM

I am going to go ahead and join in as well. I found out a few days ago that we are expecting our 4th baby in October (the 15th so likely an early Oct. baby). We are cautious to get excited after back-to-back miscarriages last year, but are hoping for the best. I am trying to not get caught up in all of the what if's and just enjoy this pregnancy as it is likely to be our last baby.

All of my children are young and fairly close together and by the time this one joins us, we will have had 4 in 4.5 years...no multiples either! I am still nursing my son who just turned 1 about 5 days ago and intend to continue to nurse as long as he is willing. I am excited to share the upcoming months with all of you!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#17 of 65 Old 02-05-2005, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations to everyone! We found out this morning that we are expecting our third child! I have actually suspected something was up since the day I ovulated (which was at least 3 days after the last time we made love) because my nipples have been very sore since then. Lily is nursing, and when she latches, it hurts. Also, last Friday, I felt this amazing, tingly, almost blowing-wind like feeling in my womb (and it was while I was driving around doing errands, very distracting!) followed that night by brown implantation spotting, and the following morning by a very vivid pregnancy dream.

I have been pretty sure for the better part of a week, but wanted to wait until I was sure I would se a positive before taking a test. Lily was born at home in the water, and we are planning for another home waterbirth with this little pumpkin seed I appear to be about 5 weeks along, and my EDD is October 10th.

So glad to join you!
#18 of 65 Old 02-07-2005, 02:00 PM

I am so exciting to be posting here! I just tested on Saturday and am going between feeling like this : and being totally overwhelmed at the thought of beginning this incredible journey again. Dh and I already have an 18 mo ds who we love to pieces. We are looking at him just wondering how it will feel to love another one just as much. I wasn't charting but based on lmp am due around the 11th. I figure early or late, this is an October Baby! So far I don't have any symptoms... kind of nice but I would like to feel like something is going on! I know I shouldn't wish that as I am sure it will all start soon enough.

Congrats to the other Mamas!
#19 of 65 Old 02-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Hi Mamas,
I hope I am posting to the right thread this time. .
I just found out yesterday I am pregnant! My partner is the only one i have told. It is so surprising even though this was planned. This will be my first.... so talking with you folks will be a blessing as it sounds like so many of you already have families. Being a Doula, I have learned some about the sacred path of pregnancy and birth through other women, but feeling it for myself feels so big and amazing ...........best wishes to all you new Mamas.
#20 of 65 Old 02-07-2005, 03:26 PM

Hi everyone & congratulations! My due date is Oct. 5th. My husband and I have 1 son born 3-3-02. I am currently trying to find a midwife, as we are planning a homebirth with this one. Happy pregnancy vibes to everyone!

http://www.saltedpaperphoto.com/-/saltedpaperphoto/
#21 of 65 Old 02-07-2005, 05:47 PM

Hello. Looks like its time I should join you. We are expecting #4 on October 7th. I'm not too excited about doing this again. I get sooooo sick and just hate life for almost the whole pregnancy that I'm actually a little depressed about it. I know I'll love the baby no matter what, but at this point I can't even envision the baby. All I can think of is my health and trying to care for the older 3! Ugh! Anyone else feeling less then baby blissed? Its a hard thing to admit!

Czen
#22 of 65 Old 02-08-2005, 01:22 PM

Please bare with me as I figure out the ins and outs of this board. I am expecting my 5th child on Oct 6th. I'm feeiling pregnant for sure. It's like my body is saying "I remember this... let's get going."

This was a planned pregnancy. My husbands second. My kids are 12, 10,9 and 20 months.
I think I'm gonna like it here.
#23 of 65 Old 02-08-2005, 09:34 PM

Hello,
I spend lots of time in the WAHM board, but I came over to join the October club! Due date should be around October 15th,a nd we just found out Sunday. We have a beautiful 9 month old daughter, so we were a little when we found out, but we are excited. Anyone else have children this close together? Is it really hard? I am expecting it to be tough at first (an 18 month old and a newborn...)

My daughter was born in a hospital, but this time around we are looking for a midwife : )
#24 of 65 Old 02-09-2005, 04:13 PM

Found out yesterday that Hubby & I are expecting #1, so our little Libra will be here sometime in October. I have an appointment with a midwife tomorrow morning & I'll get an "official" EDD then. I had a miscarriage in August, super-early on (like 5 days after I tested +), but I have a good feeling about this. I'm not religious, but Lent started today, and the first 40 days of my pregnancy will be Lent, and it's ironic that I have to give up control...anywho, enough with the pontificating. Hubby & I are 22, I have wacky cycles (ovulated on day 30 this time!), so we were planning on "trying" for up to a year, but I guess the timing was right! So far not too many symptoms, just a slight bit of "morning" (yeah right, more like all freakin' day!) sickness - no vomiting, just nausea, sleepiness, and an intense craving for eggs.
#25 of 65 Old 02-09-2005, 04:55 PM

hi all,

we're expecting #2 in October, too. I think I'm due around 10/16. I call this baby our blizzard baby, we think we concieved this baby the weekend of the blizzard!

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#26 of 65 Old 02-09-2005, 07:19 PM

Hi, my name is Cheryl. I am the mommy to Breydon, my almost 4-year-old Taurus and Jude, my 18-month Leo. I got pg while trying NOT to conceive, but am very excited about this surprise blessing nonetheless.

I am a CDing, CoSleeping, Extending BFing mommy, and I look forward to sharing with some likeminded women.
#27 of 65 Old 02-10-2005, 05:56 PM

Hi everyone!
We are expecting #2 in October (EDD 10/6)! I'm feeling good about this pregnancy but am a little nervous as I had a miscarriage in June.
#28 of 65 Old 02-11-2005, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
hey guys...i'll be 21 in april and my husband will be 22 in august. we are expecting our first on october 8th (or so i have figured). i have my second appointment october 25th...

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#29 of 65 Old 02-11-2005, 10:42 PM

hi everybody...I am Carolyn and my partner is Kent...we have 3 children..2 are mine from my first marriage and we have one together..they are 14, 10 and 19mos...3 girls!

My hubby doesn't know about this little one yet as he is away a lot and left on a trip the day I tested...he drives a flatbed truck for a local company...I thought he would be home Monday and I would tell him as a Valentine surprise but looks like he won't be home until next Thursday...it's hard not to tell him on the phone...but we had a real early loss last cycle so I don't want him worrying about me...I would rather tell him in person and reassure hime I am ok.

I am absolutely amazed that I got pregnant again the cycle immediately after my miscarriage..hubby was away...he got home the night before the full moon and I ovulated the next day...I often ovulate with the full moon...the timing was perfect..he was gone again the next day but left me with the moon baby...2 days later as I was driving I felt an overwhelming calm and closeness to this wee babe...I knew I was probably pregnant..but I was still surprised that I was right...need to trust my intuition more

It's very early. things may still go wrong but I have decided to be positive.
#30 of 65 Old 02-11-2005, 10:52 PM

Congrats, Allgirls! I just had to tell you about a post a read here on MDC last night. A woman was talking about how she ovulates and menstruates with the cycles of the moon. She mentioned that her baby was born way past its due date, but when she looked, s/he was born to the day by his lunar due date. Kinda neat. You might try to search around and find her post, though I'm not sure exactly what words to tell you to search for.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page