Who have you told / not told? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2005, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll be five weeks tomorrow, and we have not told our families, but I've told my closest girlfriends. I had to tell my boss today, because half the people at work are sick and I had to warn him that if I start getting sick I will have to call in. He is a good guy though, and will keep it a secret.

What about y'all? And if you haven't told people, when do you plan to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2005, 11:34 PM

Mr. P-Chan knows (of course), and I've told my sister. We'll wait to tell everyone else at the end of the first trimester, unless I have my annual review with my boss before then, in which case I'll let her know at that time.

We didn't tell until the end of the first trimester with my son, and it was fun having the time when it was just for us. On the other hand, telling is so much fun!
Old 02-04-2005, 01:50 AM

My mom knows, a few friends and that is it for now. My husband's family will not be forthcoming with the congratulations so we are witholding the news for awhile until we can deal with their stress! (dh has a terminal neurological condition and they are super protective of his health. They see children as too stressful for him - blah)

It is so very hard to keep it secret though - I do just want to tell everyone!!!!

oh, and my 2 year old is learning to say 'Big Brother'
Old 02-04-2005, 10:49 AM

I've only told my mom and sister and dh of course. we won't be telling anyone else until after i hit the 12 week mark. I just worry because of the last miscarriage about having to untell people.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:21 AM

We've told some close friends, and will tell my mom and stepdad next week when we see them as they live out of town. Last time we told people after we saw a heartbeat at the early u/s, and we'll probably do that again if the mw wants to do one. If not, we'll wait til 12 weeks or until it's totally obvious...that could be in a few weeks.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:50 AM

We just found out a few days ago. We have told our son (2) and my sister and her kids since they live with us right now. I am almost 5 weeks as well.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:44 PM

DH and I have both told our best friends (one each) and that's it for now. We'll probably tell our parents soon, everyone else will wait until the end of the first trimester. We had the experience of un-telling too and I don't want to have to do that again.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:16 PM

I found out last Wednesday. So far we have told:

*The internet :LOL This board and two others that I post at.
*My Mom.
*My best friend.

That's it. I'm not sure when we'll tell our dd's or dh's family. Gonna have to tell our dd's soon tho b/c I'm so bloated and queasy in the mornings...can't hide it much longer.

IRL, I only want to tell people who I feel comfortable going to if something goes wrong. We told a bunch of people w/ the baby we lost and it's too heartbreaking having to tell people.

I'm fine with waiting. I like this little secret I have.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:53 PM

Only dh knows. We do not plan to tell family until we have heard the heartbeat and had the first appointment. I won't tell my boss until 12-13 weeks.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
we have told everybody =)
well, mostly. there are a few people that would be too annoying if they knew ...lol. but yeah. we figure that "it's" still a baby and whether or not we carry to term that's still a life lost. we'll still need support. anyways, it's in god's hands. i fully trust that whatever happens is in his will. doesn't mean we're not praying earnestly for our little one

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 02-12-2005, 02:48 PM

I haven't told anybody in real life...not even my hubby...he went away the day I got my first BFP and I want to tell him in person...he will be back Thursday at best estimate right now
Old 02-12-2005, 05:46 PM

People online!
I joined the October Fertility Friend circle group. I've told you ladies here at MDC. I told my sleeping 17 month old. Other than that...NO ONE!
And the secret is killiing me!!
I am framing a picture of the positive to give to my boyfriend on Valentine's Day. He knows I'm framing a picture, I told him it was of Eva. To trick him, I'm going to have a picture of Eva OUTSIDE the frame, so when he moves it, he'll see something underneath. I wish I could just tell him right now, but I really want him to be shocked.
We were actually going to start actively TTC this month, I was going to start charting temps and everything. But here we are!
After Adam knows, I guess we'll just go ahead and tell everyone.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

User Tag List