Ugh, the nausea is here - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 02-07-2005, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I was feeling soooo good, but last week I got hit literally overnight with the yucky, all day, seasick nausea, nothing sounds good to eat, feeling. Two nights ago was the worst yet because I went to a kid's birthday party and ate dip and cake. I'm trying so hard to still eat decent stuff, but nothing sounds good except white flour and sugar.

I know it will pass but I feel soooooo yucky. I'm almost seven weeks, I think.
#2 of 18 Old 02-07-2005, 11:05 PM

It just hit here too (6 weeks along). I was sick all day today - something that I never experienced with my first. Oy! I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.
#3 of 18 Old 02-07-2005, 11:34 PM

Queasy here as well. Wake up feeling that way. Seems to pass by 10:30am but sometimes I'm still feeling it at lunch time.

Even tho it's so hard to function...I'm thankful for it. The baby that I m/c...I wasn't sick like I was with my others.
#4 of 18 Old 02-07-2005, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachinmaof3

Even tho it's so hard to function...I'm thankful for it. The baby that I m/c...I wasn't sick like I was with my others.
A nice reminder, thank you It may feel horrible at the time, but it is for a nice cause isn't it.
#5 of 18 Old 02-07-2005, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was just about to come post this. I feel pretty foolish for having bought a pregnancy test. Had I waited 2 days, Id have said holy cr@p, I sure am pregnant!

The bonecrushing exhaustion and the nausea have arrived. I think I am 5 weeks and a few days. Darn due date calculators cant seem to agree on anything.

My nausea seems similar to the nausea I had with DD1. A touch of it midmorning, but it comes full force about 5 pm and lasts till I go to bed. With DD1, I started this at 5 weeks and it went away by about 9 or 10 weeks. With DD2, I didnt start feeling nauseated until about 8 weeks, but it lasted until 19 weeks and it was all day and I only wanted meat and starchy carbs. With Lily, I found that if I was not eating or digesting a meal, I had to be chewing gum. Like all the time. I have hardly chewed gum since my second tri with Lily! Here I sit, though, after supper, chewing gum because it helps with my nausea. maybe its just keeping my mouth busy, and maybe its the increase in saliva, Im not sure.

But indeed, yay for the morning sickness. It does make you feel more confident that you have a sticky baby in there!
#6 of 18 Old 02-08-2005, 12:58 PM

I'm totally sick too Mamabeth. I went to a superbowl party sunday night and filled up on chips and dip and felt great! (until I felt a huge burst of blood/spotting....got it checked out and everything is fine).

I wasn't really sick with my first. Please tell me this too will pass.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#7 of 18 Old 02-08-2005, 01:01 PM

I also asked about this here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...57#post2646057

#8 of 18 Old 02-08-2005, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, thanks kerc, I read that post and went to get some preggie pops. Haven't tried them out yet as I'm doing okay...just had a baked potato and it's sitting well. Potatoes, muffins, and whatever protein I can stomach seems to do the trick. Oh, and regular coke.

I am also trying to remind myself that if I wasn't sick I'd be really worried all day long about m/c instead! the joys, right??
#9 of 18 Old 02-08-2005, 11:07 PM

beth -- I got the book that geo recommended on the running thread -- and I'm responding here to a question you asked there ---> run or no run when feeling queasy.

the book says something like if you're actually throwing up and/or really uncomfortable don't run. You can easily dehydrate, etc. But it you just feel a bit funky then a light run can make you feel better.

I seemed to "cure" my ms today by eating almost a whole bag of chips + dip : but was able to go out for a 30 minute xc ski.

#10 of 18 Old 02-09-2005, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

That's good to know. Just like with dd, I haven't thrown up but just feel horrible all the time. I am going to try to get out today when I feel "a bit funky" as opposed to totally seasick.

Chips and dip sounds good. No bag necessary...this is a morning sickness thread. Chicken fingers are what made me finally feel okay yesterday!
#11 of 18 Old 02-09-2005, 02:44 PM

I think mine's getting worse. I was about 1/2 awake this morning and felt like I could puke.

Earlier I HAD to get some stuff done and decided to suck on a peppermint lifesaver. It actually helped some. I think having something to suck on...not tasting my own saliva...helped (which is kinda the idea behind those preggie pops).

The ONLY thing that sounds reasonably yummy to me now is a Wendy's Frosty. Trying to figure out how I can get one w/o having to take my dd's b/c I don't have the $ to take them all out to eat. lol
#12 of 18 Old 02-09-2005, 04:15 PM

Me too! It started 2 weeks ago, just nausea and some dry heaving, no vomit. Each day i get more nauseas and at first i was so happy for the reminder that i was pg (since i miscarried last pg) but now i've had enough! i've been eating crackers, muffins, hardboiled eggs on toast, and granola bars. nothing sounds good
#13 of 18 Old 02-09-2005, 06:23 PM

My friend just advised me to carry a cut up ginger root in a baggie in my purse and just sniff it when I feel nauseated. I may try it. This pg, like my last, has been lots of nauseousness but no actual vomiting, knock on wood.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#14 of 18 Old 02-10-2005, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

I got some preggie pops, and they are okay. I think that regular hard candy or lollipops would probably work just as well, but it does help to have something! I've also been trying to eat protein even though it grosses me out until I start eating, and that really does help too.
#15 of 18 Old 02-16-2005, 03:03 PM

My goodness, I'm glad to see this thread. I just got back from my trip to Italy and I spent nearly the whole trip feeling sick. I still had a good time but it's hard to be in Italy when you discover that two of your biggest trigger foods are pasta with tomatoes and prosciutto. I didn't actually throw up but at some times I was wishing I could.

I'm back at work today and feeling awful. Luckily I can blame jet lag, but I'm greener than Kermit today.

What helps me? Milk chocolate and Ritz crackers. If I have those around to nibble I can often "graduate" to healthier stuff.

. . . this should all be over in another five weeks . . .

Jess
#16 of 18 Old 02-17-2005, 11:10 AM

I have been nauseaus for 3 weeks now (i'm 7 weeks) and I am so done with this. I didn't have any nausea with my first pregnancy. When will it go away? I'm so tired of feeling sick.
#17 of 18 Old 02-17-2005, 03:13 PM

I'm nauseated, too. Ick. What's helping me is lemonade and very salty foods, but I have that chronic, seasick, yuck thing going on.
#18 of 18 Old 02-17-2005, 05:16 PM

Well, I'm 6 weeks and 4 days and have been feeling crappy since about a week before we found out we were pregnant. yeah. so i've been sick for 3 1/2 weeks too. Triggers for me...I couldn't even name. There are SO many and it changes daily. I am usually sick from about 5am-4pm *a little better around lunch* and then again from like 8pm-12am. It sucks but I am really thankful for it! It's nice to know my baby is doing alright. I've started puking though. Yep, not just dry heaves...PUKING. Hardcore. Only the last 4 days or so but this morning was bad. I could barely get on the train to go to my prenatal appt. I thought I was dying. Turns out I'm not.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page