Excited, Scared, Happy & Nervous - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first one. I am due Oct. 8th, and have only felt sore boobs, emotional, and tired. I am scared to death that I will miscarry, and i don't know how to find comfort when i'm trying not to tell anyone. I want to shout it from the roof tops, but the fear starts to kick in. There are probably no answers for me. I'm a healthy 25 yr old and hoping that the first tri-mester goes quickly. I'm looking for any advise. When have most of you started with the morning sickness? I'm just nervous for all the unexpected changes. This looks like a great forum, i'm excited to join.
Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 02-09-2005, 11:08 PM

Welcome!!

If I remember right, with my other 3 I started having morning sickness about 7-8wks. This time around I've been queasy since 4wks and it's getting worse (I'm 6wks 1d today) as the days go on.

Some women never get morning sickness tho.
#3 of 6 Old 02-10-2005, 02:30 AM

Congratulations!!

I'm also 25, this is my fourth/last (hehe) baby. I don't remember exactly when nausiua kicked in with my other three but with this one it was right away, from conception. I've never thrown up while pregnant or anything, which has always been nice, but just being nausious isn't much fun. I think the "typical" (that word is like normal, i hate saying normal because everyone is so different!) time is 6 weeks, sometimes earlier and sometimes later and sometimes never with a still very healthy baby. I don't think I was too nausious with my oldest, but I didn't have other children and could sleep whenever I wanted (and for that matter I was still living at home the first 3 months so I didn't have a lot of housework of my own).

Aisling
#4 of 6 Old 02-10-2005, 10:49 AM

Hi and welcome! In both of my pregnancies I started with nausea at 6 weeks, almost overnight. But I seem to be surrounded by friends who don't get m/s at all! Either way is "normal."
#5 of 6 Old 02-10-2005, 03:52 PM

I haven't had morning sickness with either of my pregnancies. I wouldn't worry at all
#6 of 6 Old 02-11-2005, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
with DD1, morning sickness hit about 5 weeks and only lasted to week 9. I was only nauseated in the evenings.

With DD2, mornng sickness didnt hit till about week 8, but it lasted all the way to week 19. I was nauseated most of the time, and preferred protein and starchy carbs over fruits and veggies.

With this pregnancy, morning sickness hit at week 4, and I feel seasick all the time. Hoping it doesnt last too long.

I have not actually vomited with any pregnancy, but just that general low grade yuck feeling that is sorta pervasive.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page