HCG Levels--Did You Get A Blood Test? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-11-2005, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if so, what was your reading?

at 4.2 weeks pg, my reading was 607. They want me to come back in for another test.

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#2 of 9 Old 02-11-2005, 11:46 AM

that's a good number for that far along but the doubling of that number is more important which is why you go back in 48-72 hours later....

Congratulations and good Luck!
#3 of 9 Old 02-13-2005, 02:12 PM

I had a blood test yesterday and I was at 896 (I'm 21 dpo). Going back monday for 2nd test.
#4 of 9 Old 02-14-2005, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

well my hcg count went from 607 on tues, to 4133, on sat. at least it's going up.

B

#5 of 9 Old 02-14-2005, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustmom
well my hcg count went from 607 on tues, to 4133, on sat. at least it's going up.

B

That's awesome! I won't get one until I see the midwife..it will be weeks... they don't do them routinely to confirm pregnancy ehre
#6 of 9 Old 02-14-2005, 05:30 PM

i haven't had one yet. my appointment is on the 25th and by then i will almost be 2 months. is this really late to be getting a blood test done? my doctor gave me a urine test already and so we KNOW i'm pregnant...but i never thought about getting the HCG levels tested.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#7 of 9 Old 02-14-2005, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

well, you know, you don't really need one. i got one because i asked for one out of mere paranoia (wasn't feeling the same way the first time i was pg) it is not standard practice at my mw's to do so. you're level is obviously fine.

i'm glad that i did--it eased my mind and helped confirm my pg, though I'm only 5 weeks pg at the moment. the test doesn't tell you anything though and does not mean that i won't mc the babym though i'm not worried about it.

#8 of 9 Old 02-14-2005, 09:01 PM

Ryleeee...I notice you are in Canada

It has never been routinely done to confirm pregnancy for me...I have 3 children...I have had the blood tests each time along with my other blood work but only last pregnancy I knew the #( it was over 8000at about 20dpo because the midwife lets me look at my records every week and discussed everything with me, the OB never did this) but while they do do one along with your regular test they don't use them routinely as they really don't make a difference to the outcome of the pregnancy...what I mean is if something is wrong they can't fix it...and if it's all right then that's a good thing.

If you had a history of miscarriage or spotting or something they would do it and then do the follow up to see if pregnancy is progressing...if you ask they will do it as well.

I called my midwife...I go in at 10 weeks...my body will almost have stopped making it again by that time...LOL
#9 of 9 Old 02-15-2005, 04:12 PM

In NY it is pretty standard to have a blood test done. Because of my situation (clomid, HCG shot,...) the dr is monitoring me, and will be checking my HCG levels next week (week 5), the week after that (week 6), and then again at week 7. The interesting thing that my dr did say that at week 7 depending on the blood results, he will be able to say whether or not the risk of mc is almost gone. Basically, mc occurs in 15-20% of preggos. Apparently if your bloods look good by week 7, your risk goes down to about 5%. I thought this was interesting.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page