Who is in maternity clothes or starting to show? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 02-18-2005, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just heading into week 7 with no tummy pooch whatsoever. This is my second pregnancy. Most of my friends were in maternity clothes by 8 - 10 weeks with their second pregnancies. I just can't fathom my tummy popping so soon. Anyone here popping out yet?
#2 of 21 Old 02-18-2005, 03:26 PM

Not sure if its bloat or pooching out but i'm wearing my loose elastic waist maternity pants. I can't have anything pressing on my tummy with this nausea anyway. But they don't have a pouch in the front so its not yet noticable. i'm 7 weeks btw
#3 of 21 Old 02-18-2005, 04:51 PM

I'm just heading into week 9 and not showing. My after-meal belly sticks out more that it used to, but other than just after I eat, I still look like me And the scale backs that up, I haven't gained a pound yet.
#4 of 21 Old 02-18-2005, 05:49 PM

I've never had to be in maternity clothes until well into my 2nd trimester. I'm just "normal" sized, not too thin or too heavy, and I am thrilled that it doesn't happen sooner. I hate all my maternity clothes and think I should go shopping for some new ones!
#5 of 21 Old 02-18-2005, 09:19 PM

Yep, I'm more or less popping out, starting at week five (see my below post). Guess I'm one of the (un)lucky ones! I'm just wearing pants two sizes bigger and I just bought some transitional liz lange jeans that will work in a few weeks. It happened really fast!

And I'm buying all new clothes this time because I'm a different size, and they are a LOT cuter this time around.
#6 of 21 Old 02-18-2005, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is my fourth pregnancy (first ended at 10 weeks), and I was showing at 4 1/2 months with dd1, 4 months with dd2, so Im figuring on 12-14 weeks with this little bean. I am ut of my size 10s, and my 12s will be snug pretty soon. The indentation of my waistline is gone in the front already.

I am 6 weeks 5 days.
#7 of 21 Old 02-19-2005, 03:01 PM

This is my first pregnancy and so far, I'm not showing. I'm due around the first week of October.
#8 of 21 Old 02-21-2005, 10:56 AM

I am 7 weeks as well, and am starting to show a lil... this is my second.

Anyone have some good links for nice maternity clothes?
#9 of 21 Old 02-21-2005, 11:50 AM

I am 6wks to day..not showing but bloated and my pants don't button...but this is my 4th...I show earlier each one...

I was on the old navy website...nice summer clothes there and decent prices I thought! I have to buy pants right away...jeans I guess...
#10 of 21 Old 02-21-2005, 12:01 PM

This thread made me start looking at maternity clothes online! I've been to one hot mama, motherhood, and old navy.

aisling
#11 of 21 Old 02-21-2005, 11:28 PM

i've got one pair of my jeans I can still button, one pair of hubby's jeans that fit below the belly and one pair of sweatpants that are appropriate for going out of the house. I have a pr of running tights that still work -- but I;m not running these days.

oh and I'm 8 weeks. Last time I gained a ton of weight but didn't buy too many maternity pants and regretted it on the way back down weight-wise.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#12 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 04:01 PM

I'm just five weeks, but I've already stopped belting my jeans and am betting that they won't fit at all in another two or three weeks. Bring on the belly! I can't wait.
#13 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishy
This thread made me start looking at maternity clothes online! I've been to one hot mama, motherhood, and old navy.

aisling
ohhh, what do you know about one hot mama?? I have some tanks from Old Navy and a few pairs of jeans but I am starting to need shirts too ......

off to window shop
#14 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 12:34 AM

I am so pathetic- I'm not even 5 weeks (will be tomorrow) and this morning I had to break out the maternity clothes. I lost most of my baby fat from the last one, so I'm not already huge... Oh well.

Baby #4 for me.
#15 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 01:26 AM

VERY bloated and look about 5 months pregnant. :LOL I've been wearing my maternity pants since about 5wks. Stuck in that in-between phase with shirts. I have only worn one shirt out in public b/c I was so tired and the shirt is SO comfy.
#16 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 01:17 PM

Aside from my boobs getting bigger (not big enough for anyone but my dh to notice, oh and my mom of course LOL) I am not showing. My belly does get bigger after I eat, but then it goes back down. All of my jeans and pants still fit me. I hope I can continue this way for at least a few more weeks if not longer. I have a family black tie event at my 10 week marker and I don't want to buy a new dress nor do I want to be showing. By the way, I am only at 6 weeks.
#17 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 02:59 PM

is this your first pregnancy?
in my first pregnancy i wore normal clothes for the first four or five months.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#18 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 03:29 PM

So, it was a big day today...I busted out the maternity jeans for the first time this pregnancy at 9.5 weeks. I had gone up two sizes already and had bought some "transitional" Liz Lange jeans, and it's definitely transition time!

BTW, I've gained four pounds so far, mostly due to a drastic reduction in exercise, I think.

and does anybody know if popping out early and diastasis are related? I never got rid of mine from dd #1.
#19 of 21 Old 02-25-2005, 04:02 PM

I'm 6 weeks 5 days and have been in maternity pants since the middle of my 4th week. : I'm pretty thin and this is my third baby, so I guess those two facts are why I'm showing so early. A lot of the maternity shirts are still a bit baggy, but my old shirts are too short and tight - so I'm stuck in that in-between phase with those.

operamommy

A happy woman
#20 of 21 Old 02-26-2005, 02:03 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one! At 6 weeks, I had dh bring up the maternity clothes...I just can't stand anything touching my stomach. So at 6 weeks and 2 days, I wore my maternity jeans out in public with a regular shirt. Now, at 7 weeks, there is no turning back! This is also baby #4 so I'm sure that helps as well.

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#21 of 21 Old 06-06-2006, 02:44 AM

Oh my I am starting to show..This is my second , I am starting to think that I have twins in there. I am not kidding I realize some of this is just gas but my belly is really popping out there. my old shirts dont want to stay buttoned. Some people are telling me that its to soon to show. but what am I supposed to do..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page