Affordable But Nice Maternity Clothes--Where? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-13-2005, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
where can you shop for affordable, but nice maternity clothes? I just need a few things. any ideas?

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#2 of 8 Old 03-13-2005, 02:53 PM

Ebay is a good place to start, just keep an eye on shipping costs. I got a nice lot of 3 pairs maternity shorts for about $3.50 a piece, including shipping. Most everything else I have is from yard sales and Target. Not many places where we live sell maternity clothes. Good luck!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#3 of 8 Old 03-13-2005, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i have checked out my two favorite consignment shops, they are kid consignment places but have maternity and nursing clothes as well. So I say look there first. I bought a cute shirt and skirt set on sale at motherhood last week too, for under $20. I vote looking on ebay too, try to be specific in looking on career, or by brand name, to weed through the junk!
#4 of 8 Old 03-13-2005, 07:02 PM

Hi!
Old Navy has cute maternity clothes for pretty cheap
*erin*

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#5 of 8 Old 03-13-2005, 10:42 PM

I just got a bunch of clothes on ebay by buying a "lot" -- something like 6 pieces for 42 bucks shipped. All name brand - old navy, gap mostly. a few motherhood.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#6 of 8 Old 03-13-2005, 10:59 PM

I also agree on ebay. Unfortunately there was no ebay when I was preg, but I actually sell maternity clothes on ebay sometimes now. You might prefer to look up "NWT" which is new with tags, meaning brand new. There are some really good things there.

Check the clearance isles too. I bought a cute top at KMart for $1.50 because it had a small pink "stain" on the arm. When I got home, I took some dish soap to the stain--30 seconds later it was non-existant and I had a perfect maternity shirt (sold it on ebay today, actually, with a decent profit). This works too, if you're good at sewing small tears or rips.

Best of Luck, Kelly

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#7 of 8 Old 03-14-2005, 01:31 PM

I got some really nice clothes at the Hudsons Bay Company, actually...but that's only Canadian right?

I agree with Old Navy, and also if you can find a Thyme Maternity store...I haven't been but I've seen them and I just know they are calling my name...

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#8 of 8 Old 03-15-2005, 01:06 AM

Motherhood maternity has some cute button-up shirts on sale for $10 right now. I was there getting pants for work (mine are getting too tight, so I got some super adjustable ones to use from now till whenever instead of getting non-maternity) and picked up one of them, along with a tank top ($11 or 12). VERY cute styles, as well as old fashioned ones if thats what you are into. They have a lot more cute & stylish stuff now than they used to though. I got the shirt Saturday, not sure when their sales run from/to.

Aisling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page