12 weeks and feeling better - how's everyone else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I say I am feeling better, and I guess I am if you consider unsatisfiable hunger to be better. I have to get up in the night and drink a protein drink, because the hunger wakes me up! Ugh, I hate to be hungry. It makes me grumpy. My husband probably isn't having all that much fun. :

We went to the Pottery Barn Outlet and a couple of carpet stores to look for a rug for the baby's room - it is oak hardwood, not very friendly for floor time. No luck, but it was fun. We did make our very first baby purchase - a hamper, woo hoo.

I'm still tiring alot more easily than usual, but I no longer have to go to bed for the night at five in the afternoon, so that's a bonus.

My jeans now cut into me and hurt, but the maternity clothes look like the hugest things I've ever seen, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this over the next couple of months...

We heard a good strong heartbeat this week, and all in all, I'm starting to feel a little more hopeful and pregnant!

How is everyone else doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 12:07 PM

I still have occasional queasiness but it is definitely lessening...it's not an all day thing now...I still throw up once in a while but it sort of is a sudden thing, I run and then feel ok.

I am not quite as tired..it seems to me I only have to nap every second day now

Of course I am just starting to get a wee bit of heartburn. That's right on time...I am 10wks 4days so it's about right. I am happy the way it's going I will feel much better by the time MIL and FIL visit for a week on April 17

I haven't heard heartbeat yet which somehow makes it less real. I will hear it at 14 weeks I hope(trying to think positive but after a loss it's scary) I will have an ultrasound at 18 weeks.

My biggest discomfort is my sore nipples...when baby nurses it's awful...

I am glad you are feeling better...I hope it's the same for me in a week and a half!
#3 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 12:19 PM

how are your breasts feeling? I woke up yesterday feeling not so sore, and today I feel simply deflated. They were so big and full and now they don't seem that way. I don't know if I am just feeling over anxious or what......
#4 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 02:00 PM

I was queasy for several weeks, then this week I was less queasy, but more tired and depressed. Today I feel a LITTLE bit better, and then I worry because what if that means there's something wrong with the baby. Also, my boobs have almost stopped hurting--I slept on my stomach part of last night. I hope that's not a problem either.

I'm 9 weeks by the medical chart, 7 weeks from conception.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#5 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 02:26 PM

My periods of feeling okay are getting longer, so that is good. I think I'm a little less tired, but it's really hard to tell. My lower back pain is getting a LOT better! I'm so happy about that.

My boobs are still big, but they don't bother me at all anymore. They were so sore before. My skin is breaking out like crazy, though. Yuck.

So far so good on the second trimester. I can't wait to feel really good though.

Jess
#6 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 02:35 PM

I'm feeling much better either thanks to vitamin B6 or the fact that I'm getting closer to the 2nd trimester (almost 11 weeks here). I was getting so sick of being sick!! I'm ready to feel halfway normal again and be able to do regular things like housework without feeling as though I'm going to puke all over myself.

Breasts are still sore, and I'm still tired a lot. I haven't slept well since the beginning of this pregnancy. I used to sleep like someone in a coma, now I wake up all night long. It's irksome and makes me feel like I'm not getting any sleep.

A happy woman
#7 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 02:51 PM

I'm 10w2d today.

Queasiness has decreased slightly
Appetite is more consistent (I was either ravenous or totally disgusted by food)
Boobs are big but not as sore
Still fairly fatigued, I'm asleep on the couch by 7pm

I'm really looking forward to the energetic phase of second trimester.
#8 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 03:30 PM

i'm 12 weeks and still not feeling better. Actually feel a little worse, still nauseaus and majorly fatigued. Extremely emotional and my breasts are huge and sore. I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks to start feeling better.
#9 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 05:36 PM

At first my boobs were super sore and now they only hurt a little bit. As for the nausea, it is almost all day long and the worst for me in the evening - but at least the last two days have been a little better than in the past. Also, about a week ago I started with HORRIBLE heartburn and acid reflux. I thought I was going to die. The dr. said I could take Tums with calcium and I did, but that really did not work. It has gotten to the point where the heartburn keeps me up almost all night. I have to stay propped up on pillows in the bed, and eat crackers every few hours. It has been 3 nights since I have been able to get some sleep. Today was actually tolerable for me. Now I just have to hope that I get some sleep soon and the nausea stays away permanently.

Hope no one else is in the same boat as me.
#10 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

I must say I am most disappointed in my breasts. I figured if I am going to have stretch marks and a fat butt, at least I will get to have big breasts for a short time of my life. Nope. Still wearing my B's. Now they aren't even sore so I guess they are done.
#11 of 29 Old 03-26-2005, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I feel better too.
Although, every time I say I haven't been throwing up, I throw up that day.

So I'm OPEN to throwing up, although it has only happened twice in the last 6 days. Which is super.

My boobs are continuously getting sorer.
And I'm sore/crampy.

And I'm crabby.
And...yeah that's it.

There's more but it's not as bad as feeling SUPER crappy all the time! That's for sure.

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#12 of 29 Old 03-26-2005, 10:59 AM

I am wracked with anxiety. I just don't FEEL pregnant now and I may have bacterial vaginosis which can cause pre term labor among other things. The reccomended antibiotic is risky. I just don't know what to think. I keep thinking terrible thoughts.
#13 of 29 Old 03-26-2005, 04:30 PM

I, amazingly enough, feel great.
I'm tired a lot, and often take a 2 hour nap.
The nausea is much lighter and some days doesn't happen at all.
I did have some dizziness yesterday, but overall, am fine.

Hope those that are still sick are feeling better!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#14 of 29 Old 03-27-2005, 07:47 AM

I'm at about week 14 now, or 13, and I felt GREAT until week 10 or so. No nausea, little fatigue, tons of exercise and pretty hungry. Now I feel worse every week with terrible morning sickness, crippling fatigue like I've never felt before, and God I feel so fat! My appetite is mostly gone now too, though I still eat healthy meals every day. I feel like total crap, and that swim every afternoon just ISN'T happening now! Instead I have to sleep every afternoon. This is our fourth baby, and my first midwife appointment is in two weeks.

Do you think I could be having twins?? I'm beginning to wonder. I've never had nausea or fatigue like this before.
#15 of 29 Old 03-27-2005, 07:37 PM

I'm ten weeks and still really sick. Yesterday was awful all day long, until evening when I ate four popsicles and suddenly felt like I might live. My daughter has had a stomach virus this week, and I've wondered if I have a touch of it myself.

With my first pregnancy, I was sick for fourteen and a half weeks, then it stopped immediately. I was still really sick on a Tuesday, and then on Wednesday was suddenly fine. Hoping for the same this time, and wouldn't argue if it happened sooner this time...
#16 of 29 Old 03-27-2005, 09:07 PM

I am feeling so much less panicky now, thank goodness. I seem to keep having a panic attack almost every 3-4 weeks.
#17 of 29 Old 03-27-2005, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am 12 weeks today, and there is a marked difference in my nausea. Much better now. I get nauseated if I am too hungry, but not so much while digesting.

Im still BONE TIRED. I never get a nap parenting these two monkeys I live with, but I pass out most nights by 9:30.
#18 of 29 Old 03-28-2005, 07:56 PM

Still throwing up here. I'm 11weeks 4 days. I'm beginning to think that this hyperemesis may last all pregnancy. I'm down more than 20lbs, and struggling to stay hydrated without IVs. (I waived them with the promise of drinking a gator-ade type thing.)

I did get a prescription for Zofran and Phenergan. The Zofran worked 1 day, then not the next, I stopped taking it. The Phenergan makes me unconscious.

Before the meds I tried B6, B6+Unisom, Ginger, Accupressure, and visualization. I've tried rest and activity, liquid only diets, etc. Nothing is helping. Any suggestions?
#19 of 29 Old 03-28-2005, 09:42 PM

Hi Onlyboys,
I am a few days away from 11 weeks and have also been very sick and tried many things. Maybe it is just that I am nearing my second trimester, but I went to my local herb store and got a tincture there that has helped immensly! They may do mail order, you could search them online if you wanted too. The store is called "Gaia Garden" and it's in Vancouver B.C.
The tincture is called "QueezEase" it is safe during pregnancy and the ingredients are : black horehound herb, chamomile flowers, meadowsweet herb, peppermint leaves, ginger root. I hope you feel better soon.
#20 of 29 Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 PM

Amanda, keep the phenergan going. Within a couple of days, the drowsiness goes away if you are taking it regularly.
#21 of 29 Old 03-29-2005, 06:50 PM

Phenergan has been a life saver here. I am at 13 weeks today and if I don't take my meds exactly on the hour the nausea comes racing back.

But on all other fronts, I am feeling better. More energy, feeling attractive again and it helps that we finally told everyone about the pregnancy only to find out they already knew. I guess I wasn't really hiding that big bump. But at least I can now parade around in maternity clothes without worring who will see.
#22 of 29 Old 03-30-2005, 06:57 PM

I've been horribly ill since 7 weeks- I'm 12+ now. I started taking the b6 ,unisom combo two nights ago and I really feel it has made a difference! Thank God! I didn't throw up yesterday or today yet. I'm certain it is helping.
#23 of 29 Old 03-30-2005, 08:02 PM

I am feeling pretty good today, a little queasy and seem to be having some digestive issues- but I ate a huge amount of white flour/sugar snacks yesterday and I think that has made me sick. I swear my belly gets bigger everyday and I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. it blows my mind that I am already out growing pants.

Is anyone having an increase in ligament pains? It feels like everytime I move i get a pain.
#24 of 29 Old 03-30-2005, 09:10 PM

I'm 10 weeks and I've been feeling terribly queasy all day long, though I haven't thrown up, and I did go to work today anyway. I think I'm dehydrated and I know that's baaaaad, but the thought of drinking anything makes me ill.

I'm O.K. emotionally though, and I'm only moderately tired. I'm glad all the symptoms haven't happened at the same time (yet).

#25 of 29 Old 03-31-2005, 05:36 PM

I am still pretty tired but other than that I am feeling good. I feel sick in the morning still but as soon as I eat that goes away. I was really nervous for the first 11 weeks - but reaching 12 weeks (well, almost) and hearing the heartbeat has pretty much put an end to the anxiety. It was sure amazing to hear that heartbeat. I felt like crying!
#26 of 29 Old 04-13-2005, 05:13 PM

I am 13 1/2 weeks pregnant with our first child : , and feeling less nauseous. I still sleeping 11 hours a night. If I don't go to bed by 8:30 p.m., I have a real difficult time getting out of bed for work.

There are still some scents that make me sick...like garlic. I first discovered this when my dh was cooking spaghetti sauce with onions and garlic. Usually I love garlic, and the more the better. But around the 10th week, the smell of garlic was like the smell of death to me! It was the early part of March in Michigan, and I made my dh open all the windows in the house while he finished cooking the spaghetti sauce. Then he had to quickly transfer the sauce to an airtight container. While he is doing this, I was under our bed comforter trying to escape the garlic fumes that were penetrating the house.

So I told him to not cook with garlic. Later in the month, he decided to cook with garlic powder and not tell me. There I was in the kitchen getting a glass of water, and all of a sudden the smell of the garlic powder hit me. I asked him, "What is that smell? Is that garlic?". He innocently replied that he was just using garlic powder...and of course I made him open all the windows again.

I hope I regain my love for garlic. I really love hummus and roasted garlic salsa.
#27 of 29 Old 04-13-2005, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishiemumma

There are still some scents that make me sick...like garlic. I first discovered this when my dh was cooking spaghetti sauce with onions and garlic. Usually I love garlic, and the more the better. But around the 10th week, the smell of garlic was like the smell of death to me! It was the early part of March in Michigan, and I made my dh open all the windows in the house while he finished cooking the spaghetti sauce. Then he had to quickly transfer the sauce to an airtight container. While he is doing this, I was under our bed comforter trying to escape the garlic fumes that were penetrating the house.

So I told him to not cook with garlic. Later in the month, he decided to cook with garlic powder and not tell me. There I was in the kitchen getting a glass of water, and all of a sudden the smell of the garlic powder hit me. I asked him, "What is that smell? Is that garlic?". He innocently replied that he was just using garlic powder...and of course I made him open all the windows again.

:LOL this is SO me! this happened with us as well, almost IDENTICAL to how you said it. hah. that's hilarious. lucky for me i am over my garlic sickness and also my eggs. man, that one was the worst.

i can't eat sugar.
i don't know why, and i LOVE sugar. it makes me sad :LOL
but i suppose it's really good.
*sigh*
oh well.

it makes me pukey and dizzy and really just sick feeling.
my moods suck when i eat sugar.

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#28 of 29 Old 04-13-2005, 06:12 PM

I'm 12 weeks, and I threw up my breakfast this morning with no provocation and almost no warning. It's a good thing I wasn't at work because I don't think I would have made it to the bathroom in time, plus I peed all over myself and that wouldn't have been any fun either. Not that it was fun at home.

This marks the first bout of morning sickness not associated with spaghetti.

#29 of 29 Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishiemumma
It was the early part of March in Michigan, and I made my dh open all the windows in the house while he finished cooking the spaghetti sauce. Then he had to quickly transfer the sauce to an airtight container. While he is doing this, I was under our bed comforter trying to escape the garlic fumes that were penetrating the house.

Adam LOVES microwave popcorn, but during my first pregnancy, I couldn't stand the stuff!
It got to the point where he'd cook it, I'd get mad and cause a HUGE fight, then he wouldn't even eat it, which would make me even madder because I had to be sick smelling buttered popcorn and he wasn't even eating it, and blah blah blah.
Now, I'm better. This pregnancy, I don't mind it at all.

Good luck, I hope it passes soon!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page