Are you finding out? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 04-21-2005, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Were you getting teary-eyed onlyboys? I was when I read the part of how you both laughed and cried when you pulled him up together.

#32 of 42 Old 04-22-2005, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreac
Didn't with the first, won't with this one! I loved the surprise!
Us too! And it drives everyone crazy!! :LOL
#33 of 42 Old 04-22-2005, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldshakerz
Were you getting teary-eyed onlyboys? I was when I read the part of how you both laughed and cried when you pulled him up together.

Yes, I certainly was...

It was such a terrific birth. :
#34 of 42 Old 04-24-2005, 05:50 AM

Never have, never will. It irritated the hell out of most of my family, but the hospital staff thought it was the neatest thing ever! :LOL Not that their opinion is the most important thing in the world, but I just thought it was so funny how they all got super-excited when I told 'em it was a suprise. So few people don't find out anymore.

Of course, they were mean! I had c-sections & with both of 'em they first called the baby "he" and then said "It's a girl!"

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#35 of 42 Old 04-24-2005, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnbnhome
And it drives everyone crazy!! :LOL
Here too! Espescially this time around...my mom is on her FOURTH grandson and is just dieing for a g-daughter. Drives her nuts that I insist I want a boy (not that I actually care either way.)
#36 of 42 Old 04-30-2005, 09:59 PM

DS's gender was a surprise, and this one will be as well. I love surprises!
#37 of 42 Old 05-03-2005, 02:45 PM

We're going to find out, if baby cooperates. We figure it's a surprise whether we find out at 20 weeks or at the birth!
#38 of 42 Old 05-03-2005, 03:08 PM

I'm going back for another ultrasound next Thursday, and I'll be 19 weeks next Friday...we REALLY want to find out. They told us to come back then...plus, we went at 15.5 weeks and the baby was still a little small to figure out if everything was alright. So they said to come back and get another one. We're super excited. For sure. I think it will be great to see the baby again, and to compare what s/he looked like at 15 weeks and then at 19 weeks.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#39 of 42 Old 05-05-2005, 06:16 PM

Not going to here! Didn't find out with DS. I though my huuby would want to know for this one... he wants a girl really badly! But he says he likes the suprise too much!
Love,
Kathleen
EDD 10/13/05
DS 02/26/00 : :

Crazed life-learning Mom to DS 1 Augustus (02/00) and DS 2 Ben (08/05). Love my DH Tony . Full house 5 11 found our "purrfect". Lovin' life!!!!
#40 of 42 Old 05-06-2005, 12:37 PM

So now I'm wavering. Turns out my 2 older kids will be present for the ultrasound. They won't be present for the birth - depending on things they probably will not even be waiting at the hospital. So, this is our chance to find out all together, all 4 of us. I'm very tempted because it would be very special for all of us to discover what we're having together.

A happy woman
#41 of 42 Old 05-10-2005, 04:45 PM

I just had my big u/s today, and of course I just had to find out. I have no patience to wait the full 9 months, and I'm not big on surprises. I feel like I bond better with my unborn baby when I know the sex. I also like being able to prepare the room, clothes, diapers etc.

So now that I just found out I'm having a girl (and I have only boy stuff), I guess I get to go shopping now. Woohoo! :LOL

ETA: My SIL is also pregnant (3 wks ahead of me), and chose not to find out the sex at her u/s. It's driving me crazy!! But of course I respect her decision.
#42 of 42 Old 05-10-2005, 06:19 PM

My ultrasound is on Thursday. I'm SUPER nervous. I don't know why...
Derek can't go, so I'm going to get the tech to write it on a piece of paper and then I won't look at it until I'm with Derek...it's an hour bus ride up to his work.
YIKES.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page