has anyone picked or narrowed down names yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 46 Old 05-19-2005, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we haven't. we throw around names every now and then, but nothing has really grabbed us yet. hopefully after we know the gender, something will click. this is the farthest along i've been with absolutely no ideas. With Liam, we had a boy and girl name picked before even TTCing. With Rhiannon, we were pretty sure going into the U/S that we would use Rhiannon if she was a girl, and we had a few boy names we were considering. This time, though. . .I got nothing! :LOL
#2 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 12:14 AM

we've ADDED names. i thought we were decided but then there was this other one we liked and oh this one too. :LOL

we have months to decide
#3 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 12:58 AM

For a girl we have. For a boy we're still debating. :LOL
#4 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 01:19 AM

Well, I thought we had one all set for a girl, but now DH isn't sure about it anymore. He does this a lot...he thinks of a name, we both really like it, then a week later there is something about it that bothers him. Grr. But we do have a few girl names picked, but I'm really hoping I can convince him of the one I really want.

For a boy, it's been even more aggravating. I think we are finally starting to get somewhere. It's just been like pulling teeth to get DH to sit down for any length of time and go over names. We have a list of about 5 boy names and DH said he doesn't have a favorite yet.

So, we'll see. :LOL

#5 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 01:45 AM

yeah we've had his name picked for quite some time.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#6 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 05:37 AM

Whew, we settled on our name this week! We've had it for about a year, but once the baby became real, we started toying with other ideas, too. Well, we went back to our original choice. We've been living with it a year and aren't tired of it yet! Now we cannot find a single middle name that flows in between her first name and our last name! Ugh! We spend about an our a night reading through baby name books, which is actually pretty fun. I hope we can find something! It's at least nice to have the first name, though, because now we can talk about her by name, instead of just saying, The Baby.
#7 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 08:42 AM

We have a name, first and middle. We also have a back up and are telling everyone we reserve the right to change at any moment, including after the birth. However, we have had this name for years and and feel confident that it is the one. I am just more hesitant than dh to share it with family.
#8 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 10:06 AM

This baby will be Anna if it's a girl. For boys, we have some top contenders but are still debating...
#9 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 10:24 AM

Does anyone else have a fear Britney Spears will name her child something other than Brandi and she will give her baby YOUR baby's name, like two weeks after you give birth? DH and I decided we will legally change our baby's name if that happens. :LOL
#10 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Bookworm, I was just complaining the other night that I have to "share" my pregnancy with Britney! :LOL Seriously, I love sharing with you ladies, but she needs to stay the heck out of my due date club!
#11 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 12:14 PM

We are pretty set on a girl's name, but a boy's name is still up in the air. And yeah, I really hope Britney's baby doesn't end up with the same name as my baby. Bad enough that Emma was born around the same time Rachel on Friends had her Emma. We were living in Sweden at the time, and the episode didn't actually air there until a few months after our Emma was born, but it was still a bit annoying.
#12 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 12:27 PM

No real names here. There's ones I like, but dh doesn't. I think by this point each of the other times we had a boy and girl name picked out. I wanted to keep Gabriel Patrick for a boy, but dh is unsure. It was our boy name with Fiona. It seems we never keep the other name we had picked out though, so we'll see.

Patti
#13 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 03:00 PM

We just decided on a boy's name this week, and a girl's name has been pretty much decided for two months. The middle name fluctuates, so we'll probably pick our favorite at the time of birth. It took us six months to agree on a boy's name, and we never agreed on a girl's name with my first child. It's nice to have this out of the way, because I seem to recall it was just something ELSE to stress about, back then! :LOL

Pyra
#14 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 03:24 PM

You know we actually have middle names choosen. The girl middle name I've had choosen for years - elizabeth after my MIL & HER mother (middle names for both of them). MIL never had a daughter to use the name on. The boy middle name we choose before I got pregnant - Lee which is my brother in law's middle name (my husbands only brother).

aisling
#15 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

aishy - we pretty much have middle names picked out here as well, unless they just don't work with a first name we decide we love. Probably Elizabeth for a girl (after my niece) and Thomas for a boy (after my brother). I don't love either as a first name though, so I'm sure we won't use them for that.
#16 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 04:51 PM

ewwwwwww britney.
it would be tragic if she named her child the same name that we have for our son, mainly because we made it up.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#17 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 05:21 PM

Okay, don't laugh, but we're doing what we did when we named our dog. Before we adopted Rocky we had a list of names and as soon as we saw him we looked at each other and said, "That's Rocky!" That name wasn't even at the top of the list, either.

So, we've got a list of girl names and boy names. We'll know the right name when we meet the sprout.

:
#18 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Jess, I think that's great too. If we don't find anything we *love*, we'll go that way too, except that we hope to find out the gender, so we'll only need one list.
#19 of 46 Old 05-21-2005, 05:07 PM

We had a name picked out before Ryvre was conceived, and Willow's before we were even sure she was a girl. Of course, this time around we have no ideas, AND we don't know what we're having, haha! Oh, the bitter irony.
#20 of 46 Old 05-21-2005, 11:22 PM

We picked out a boy name almost immediatly. We never talked about girls names and found out last week that we are having a boy boy: . He will be Theodore William after my father(william) and grandfather(theodore).
#21 of 46 Old 05-22-2005, 01:30 AM

Well, I think we have finally decided on names. Who knows, we may change them. But, we've finally agreed on a boy name and a girl name that we both like.

Girl - Abigail Jordan
Boy - Jonathan William

We aren't really telling anyone the name until the baby arrives, though. The only people we are telling are my SIL and BIL who we are really close with...and you gals on MDC .

#22 of 46 Old 05-23-2005, 11:00 AM

I am completely undecided.. I can't think of anything... If we have a girl I want her middle name to be Athena. We are hoping for a girl, because there are alot more names to pick from..My hubby and I can't agree on a boy's name at all.
#23 of 46 Old 05-23-2005, 05:06 PM

Yeah, DH and I took forever to agree on a boy's name...last time and this.

#24 of 46 Old 05-24-2005, 04:20 PM

:LOL We have a girl's name and have had it in mind since DS was born...it was going to be his name if he was a girl. I am still debating in my mind if I absolutely love it or not.....however I never loved his name till he became it either.
Our girl's name is Reese so we are desperately seeking a real feminine middle name to go with it....with our whacky last name that isn't as easy as it should be!
As for boys we don't even have a list!! I keep hearing and dismissing names. Seems nothing is right....which makes me wonder if my subconscious is telling me to not fret about it because the baby is a girl! :LOL

I would LOVE to have some names in mind because it is one thing I am terribly anal about when it comes to having a child...I need to LOVE it!
DS name I had in mind years before he was even conceived...

I was too chicken to name DS RYKER.....I really like that name. I like the way it looks and sounds....but can already hear the snide comments. Plus people try to associate it to Start Trek and Riker's Prison.

But who knows might talk DH into it!
#25 of 46 Old 05-25-2005, 02:40 AM

We have some names. We have to pick out three, since both girls have three names apiece. We're probably set on Randolph & Paul in some config. if it's a boy (DEFINITELY Paul, less firm on Randolph), & Esther will probably be the first name if it's a girl, but I just can't wrap my head around "Bobbie, Linda, & Esther". Doesn't sound right to me. I'm not really stressing it. I gave myself headaches last time around trying to get DH to help me pick a name, and I wound up handing him a name book as I went back into L&D, and after all that picked the darned name on my own. :LOL Anyway, with Linda I got hooked on meeting the baby then naming her. So no final decision will be made until the kid is here, this time.

As for Ms Spears...I honestly hadn't realized she was due in Oct as well. But the chances of her picking Randolph or Esther are slim to none, y'know?

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#26 of 46 Old 05-25-2005, 09:24 PM

I'm right there with ya Jeri! Dh and I knew our ds's name years before he was even concieved, but this time, we're stumped. When I found out I was pg, we both just assumed we were having another boy, and started throwing around boy names. Well we found out we're having a girl this time, and so we're back to square one. We throw names around now and then, but we haven't found any name that we really love yet. I know we have several months to choose a name, but I get sick of all our friends and family bugging us to know the baby's name. They think we're trying to keep it a secret, but we really haven't chosen one yet.
#27 of 46 Old 05-28-2005, 06:26 PM

Choosing boy names is hard! I had a whole bunch of girl names I liked/wanted lol but no boy names. As of right now we are calling him "baby Jack" and are thinking about going with John Douglas and calling him Jack. My husband is JOhn, and we don't want another John, but we love the name Jack. My husband doesn't want to USE the name Jack b/c he says it is only a nickname. lol

So who knows! I was also considering Noah, Jacob, Joseph, Thomas, and maybe a few others. I want to use Douglas somewhere in it, b/c that is my dad's name.

I lie in bed every night trying to decide! It was driving me batty until we kinda decided on the above name. We shall see if it changes in the next 4 months.
#28 of 46 Old 05-30-2005, 09:08 PM

Rebecca -- Have you considered Jackson? That's my best friend's boy's name.
#29 of 46 Old 05-30-2005, 09:13 PM

We had the names picked before we concieved this time. Its seems quite funny because this is #4 and its the first time we've had names before conception. Usually its the opposite! We're both happy with our selections.

Czen
#30 of 46 Old 06-05-2005, 03:11 PM

We were so sure she was a boy, he had a boy's name all picked out.
We have picked a first name, but are clueless as for a middle name. [last night, Adam suggested BUTTERCUP]

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page