can we do another weight thread? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 07-03-2005, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I gained zero until week 17, and now I'm gaining about a pound per week, or maybe just a bit over. I'm up about 7-8 pounds at week 23/24. Started out at 145, and hoping not to gain more than 25, since I live in Israel, and here they advise a weight gain of 15-25 pounds, vs. the American advisory of 25-35 pounds.
#32 of 44 Old 07-03-2005, 01:13 PM

I feel as though I have gained alot more than i have. I started off at 123 lb and now at 24 weeks i am 141 lb so i am up 18 pounds and feelin great!
#33 of 44 Old 07-13-2005, 02:48 PM
p.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastvillage
and hoping not to gain more than 25, since I live in Israel, and here they advise a weight gain of 15-25 pounds, vs. the American advisory of 25-35 pounds.
Wow, that's so interesting, because for me I really believe that the baby and all the other parts are growing at their own rate.

started out 5'5" 128#, now 25 weeks, first trimester gained (almost on the button) 0.5 lb/wk, 2nd trimester gaining 1lb/wk, although my weight can fluctuate several pounds within a day.

First trimester ate mostly greasy foods , lots of olive oil, cheeses, whole milk dairy products because that's just what I felt like eating.

Second trimester haven't liked grease on the tongue. Also exercising really regularly. : I'm just hoping that after the pregnancy, my regular metabolism returns.
#34 of 44 Old 07-13-2005, 03:26 PM

I am 27 weeks and have gained a total of 16 lbs. I guess it isn't that bad but I was overweight to begin with so i now weigh more than I did whjen I delivered my other 3. I have to start paying attnetion to my eating and exercises. I know I don't get enpugh. I have vowed to walk every night until I give birth. We will see if I actually do.
#35 of 44 Old 07-13-2005, 07:29 PM

I've gained 32lbs. in 24w! I am a plus size mama to begin with! I'm eating the same amount of calories per day that I did before I got pregnant (I keep track a few days a week on fitday.com) I'm just trying not to stress about it. :

*erin*
#1 edd 10/29/05

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#36 of 44 Old 07-23-2005, 05:44 PM

I've gained 25 lbs in 25 weeks. A pound a week, I guess.. I'm hoping not to gain more than 35. I can only hope.. :
#37 of 44 Old 07-23-2005, 06:33 PM

I have gained 27lbs : I gained 40 with my first, 30 with my second and didn't weigh at all during my third...this time I weighed and wished I didn't.

With every pregnancy I was at or below my prepregnancy weight within a year but I had to work really really hard with the last one...I am not looking forward to it...

I tend to lose the first 30 right away and then work so hard at the last 10lbs or so...last time I was over weight to begin with and had 35lbs to get off...I will probably be the same this time
#38 of 44 Old 07-23-2005, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

i gained 6 lbs since my last appointment, a month ago. So i think i'm officially +4 from my prepregnancy weight. My doc is trying to stress me out about all this diabetes stuff, so i guess i might be on a diet soon, lol.
#39 of 44 Old 07-23-2005, 07:01 PM

Seems like I am holding right now at a 20 lb gain. I started out at 214, now I am 234. It does fluctuate sometimes up to 236, but I keep coming back and hovering at 234. It's been like that for the last 2 or 3 weeks now. I'm hoping I can keep it there for the rest of the pregnancy. I'm not cutting calories or anything, but I am watching what I eat. Staying away from processed stuff like white bread and sugar, etc. And I'm not giving in to my chocolate and ice cream cravings that can strike at anytime :LOL At least not for the time being. I told myself I will be really good and then let myself indulge in a decadent treat at the end of the month.

#40 of 44 Old 07-23-2005, 10:57 PM

I found out I was pregnant at 186. I dropped down to 179. At my last appointment I was 200 even. [I like my midwife's scale!] On my home scale, I can be anywhere from 201-205.
So...about 20 pound weight gain going from pre-pregnancy weight? I was 215 when I had Eva, but that was due to PIH/Pre-E. So I'm hoping this time around, I don't get that high, but if I do, I will cry...and complain...but be okay with it, since the baby needs it.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#41 of 44 Old 07-24-2005, 02:28 AM

I have gained less weight at this point (about 20 pounds at 27 weeks) than with my son, but I am sticking out further. I've had a couple people ask... when are you due?!?!? Oh well... I'm just hoping that I don't have gestational diabetes again. I had it with my son, so I ended up with a 30 pound total weight gain, but I didn't gain any weight during my third trimester due to the strick diet.
#42 of 44 Old 07-24-2005, 01:43 PM

i am at 30 pounds gained already. I am trying to not let it frustrate me. I had a month long love affair with ice cream and thats over now. Its so hard to stay away from such tempting, lovely forbidden fruits.
#43 of 44 Old 07-31-2005, 02:40 AM

Oh well...

Anyone else have to watch their diet like me?

Favorite foods on a diabetic diet?
#44 of 44 Old 07-31-2005, 10:03 AM

Well, I don't have to. But I am trying to anyhow as whether I am pregnant or not, I do gain weight if I overdo the carbs. I also love ice cream!

Just eat loads of protien and veggies. For breakfast have eggs, steak, etc. Maybe veggie omellettes. Stay away from cereal, icecream, and even try not to eat more than maybe 1 serving of fruit a day. Mostly stay away from processed carb foods...the white breads, cookies, tortillas, ....also stay away from soda, candy, etc. And make sure to get enough good fats ... not the icky transfats. Your baby needs healthy fats to grow, and good fats like coconut oil, real butter, lard, etc stabilize blood sugar incredibly well. A little olive oil is good too, but not a lot. You need saturated fat. Include a good source of fat with every meal and it will slow down the sugar response in your meal. I had borderline GD last time, and this time I did not and I know my healthy diet is a big part of that. I did insist on doing the post-meal glucose screen though because I don't believe the glucola drink is accurate at all. Actually I don't even think the whole GD diagnosis is at all helpful, but that's another story.

Also, exercise! Up until about a month ago I was exercising about an hour 4-5 times week. Now it's down to about 1-2 times a week : It will not only regulate your blood sugar, it sure feels good to get moving...even if for only 20 minutes at a time on the treadmill or doing some prenatal yoga.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page