Nesting... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-13-2005, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am finding that this time I have the nesting urge all the time...I am doing odd jobs, organizing closets, did all my gardening...I just feel really motivated to get the house in order

Last time I just went in a frenzy about 3 weeks before my due date...now I find I am constantly making mental lists of things to do and working on certain things now...I really really want to get things in order instead of an exhausting last few weeks of cleaning and organising.

Anyone else becoming a chronic nester?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-13-2005, 09:07 PM

Yeah, I am a chronic nester these days! Just like you, I think it's so much better than rushing at the end like last time. I usually do a little something everyday. Somedays I am more ambitious than others. Yesterday and today I've been re-organizing the desk we have in the front room, and doing some more organizing in our bedroom too. Also, last night DH and I made a list of things we need to buy, and a list of things we need to do. It feels good to be getting things organized, after being in college part-time for a year it really really needs it.

#3 of 5 Old 06-14-2005, 02:27 PM

Yeah, it's BAD this time!! :LOL

I decluttered my house (except the garage b/c I need dh's help with that) last week. It felt GREAT!! Now I'm trying super hard to keep it nice and tidy! I've never really obsessed over my house so much. :LOL
#4 of 5 Old 06-14-2005, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Im not doing ANYTHING.
Seriously.
Our house is soooo disorganized.
We are moving in 11 days and I'm kind of a chaotic packer...I love to leave things until the last minute and then rush around. Stupid, I know. I just can't convince myself to do it.
Our house is fairly clean, I'm not tackling any big things right now because I know that in 11 days I'm just going to have to re-do anything I do now, and it will have to be hard-core clean.
I'm looking forward to moving into a CLEAN, NEW apartment with lots of SUNLIGHT and no tv/internet! Well. No, I really like our internet! And we might cave in and get local cable. (We haven't had television in over a year) But yeah...no distractions = organization!
Oh gosh. 11 days could not come sooner.
(And then as I think that, I look around me and see our house. HAH. I should start packing...hehehe)

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

#5 of 5 Old 06-20-2005, 10:31 PM

I have been doing 1 room at a time since the beginning of pregnancy. I might have to do 3 rounds befor i am due. If we would just change our habits then I should only have to do it once.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page