Hypnosis for childbirth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-17-2005, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone trying this? I just got my hypnobabies course last week. I'm only 21 weeks, but I'm going to get started on it (it's a 6 week course with "maintnance" until the birthing day, usually to be used around 26 weeks, but we may be moving who knows when, so I thought I should get started on it.) I'm really excited. It looks like a great course, a wonderful tool for learning how to stop the fear-tension-pain cycle. So many have reported painless childbirth, and I'll happily go for that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-18-2005, 01:32 AM

I'm taking a class on it too, starting the end of July. My midwife recommened it. Hope it helps

*erin*
boy: edd 10/29/05

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#3 of 8 Old 06-18-2005, 06:51 PM

I did hypno birthing for my last birth...it really helped keep me focussed...except when stupid replacement midwife kept turning down my cd :
#4 of 8 Old 06-19-2005, 03:52 PM

I'm going to try it.
My midwife teaches the classes, so in August we're all signed up for hypnobirthing.
We're really interested in having this VBAC and want to do everything in our power to help it go smoothly.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#5 of 8 Old 06-29-2005, 10:30 AM

My friend is going to lend me her hypnobabies cds once her friend has her baby in July. She said it really helped her have a fast and easy delivery....when they called the midwife to come to their house the midwife decided to wait because my friend was still able to talk through contractions. The midwife didn't make it in time .

#6 of 8 Old 06-29-2005, 01:38 PM

I am really interested in trying this this time around. I am hoping to find the program used somewhere. Although my last birth was relatively short, it was still hard, hard work and painful...I am interested in not having to go through so much pain....and I suppose it would work for afterpains as well? That would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful!

Heidi : Married for 15 years, expecting our 8th baby in July!

#7 of 8 Old 06-29-2005, 01:42 PM

I just ordered the Hypnobabies home study course and will be trying it this time. My first birth was 44 hours, painful and exhausting. I really hope this will help me to relax through the pain and get through it quicker and at home.
#8 of 8 Old 06-29-2005, 07:04 PM

I just ordered mine, too! My first labor was 37 hours and she was posterior, so I want all the help I can get.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page