Back And Hip Pain. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-21-2005, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
holy smokes. it's driving me NUTS. it's only been like, the last week or so that i've noticed it really. i've graduated to two pillows now, one between my knees. i'm seriously almost considering putting two between my knees and one behind my back and one in the front. man. that would be a lot of pillows :LOL. what do you do about this pain? seriously, i can't handle another 3 months of this. well, i'm sure i could but i don't want to.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#2 of 9 Old 06-21-2005, 02:56 AM

I know, it's hard! But you will get through it. Sometimes if I am feeling uncomfortable and it is really effecting my sleep, I will go take a nice hot bath. That can usually relax me enough to at least fall asleep for a longer stretch. I am finding that I wake up a lot and have to switch sides because the hip I'm laying on gets sore. So I wake up and turn over a lot. Sometimes I will also almost lay on my back, but not really. I put a pillow under one side of my hip, so I'm like half laying on my back, but it's not flat on my back. Use as many pillows as you need though. I am needing a few more myself.

#3 of 9 Old 06-21-2005, 09:56 AM

I agree with April. A bath can make all the difference in the world. So can a partner willing to rub and use counterpressure on my lower back.

Also, downward facing dog is really good for getting the baby in a comfy position for sleeping. Check to see that your mattress isn't *too* firm, too.

Good luck. Sometimes the baby is just in a wonky position and it makes for an uncomfortable night.

Amanda
#4 of 9 Old 06-21-2005, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

ahhhhhhh last night was horrible. i was awake for a good hour and a half at least before falling asleep. it woke derek up

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#5 of 9 Old 06-21-2005, 04:16 PM

what about trying a body pillow? Mine has really made all the difference in the world as far as sleeping goes. Try to find a "round" one rather than a pillow shaped one. I got mine from http://www.gaiam.com - a bit pricey but so far it is totally worth the cost.
#6 of 9 Old 06-21-2005, 04:28 PM

I got a body pillow that is shaped like a C, I love it! It was $50 but completely worth it. My back and belly have been achy and my groin muscles have been very sore! The pillow totally helped with my sciatica and it feels really supportive. The next few months should be interesting, hang in there!

*erin*
edd 10/29/05

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#7 of 9 Old 06-21-2005, 07:30 PM

I second the recomendation for a body pillow! Also, when I was pg with Cole our mattress was on the firm side and I finally bit the bullet and spent the money for a feather bed to put on top...it really helped alot! This time around we have a tempurpedic which I think is the only reason I'm not in complete agony at night. I am having really bad pain in my way lower back and hips I am going to try a chiropractor...I've never been to one before, so I'm hoping it will help!
#8 of 9 Old 06-22-2005, 12:56 PM

I've been having a lot of hip pain too. I switch sides frequently and have two pillows between my legs. I also put an egg crate on top of the bed to make it softer (they're pretty cheap at Target). Hang in there!
#9 of 9 Old 06-22-2005, 04:35 PM

I got my body pillow at Costco (warehouse store) for $6US. It really is great to have...I want another to have behind me and so that it is there when I roll over.

If you sew, it would be so worth it to make one b/c you can adjust the filling to be as hard/soft as you want. It can also be as long as you wish it to be.

I'm sorry you are having such pain!! I hope it gets better, it can be a long road ahead if you get no relief!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page