Food Poisoning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-25-2005, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I think I got to the bottom of why I feel so ill. Thursday afternoon at my mother's house I ate some cream cheese on some crackers. I ate maybe 2 of them, and the third one I put in my mouth I noticed a funky taste and threw the rest away. I ended up puking up a little bit of the cheese. Then yesterday I came down with horrible diahrrea. Felt achy all over, bad headache, etc. I took tons of hot baths, drank tons of Recharge and ginger ale and water. I didn't get to sleep until probably 5am because I felt so awful and had to keep using the bathroom.

Today I feel a lot better. Still having intestinal cramps. I think the runs are mostly over though. Just some gas and heartburn and nausea now. Still drinking tons of Recharge and water, taking probiotics too. Oh, and I called my mom today and she looked at the cheese and it was expired. Do you think I should call the midwife about it? I'm just worried, a little, about the baby. Just because I don't know much about it I guess. I've heard some kind of food poisoning can be bad for the baby, but I think it's more like listeria and salmonella and stuff. Since I'm feeling a lot better, plus the baby has been moving just as often as normal I'm thinking everything is fine. So am I worrying for nothing?

#2 of 5 Old 06-25-2005, 05:04 PM

oh wow! how horrible!!!

i dunno...i guess you could call, just to see if she can give you some more info, and maybe some warning signs to look out for if baby is in trouble, but since it already seems to have run its course, there's probably nothing else to do about it--i mean, you can't cure something that isn't wrong anymore, right?

Anyway, i bet everything is fine; i had a horrible case of the flu when i was pregnant with my daughter (my son, age 1 at the time, was sick too, and on Christmas day--that was a ton of fun), and besides losing a little weight, we were just fine; as long as you do everything you can to keep hydrated, and recover within a reasonable amount of time, everything should be alright.
#3 of 5 Old 06-26-2005, 12:03 AM

Hope you are feeling better by now. I'd also call someone if I was worried enough... Hopefully it's all better by now!
#4 of 5 Old 06-26-2005, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks gals. Yeah, if I wasn't feeling better by today I was going to call. I feel soooo much better today. I started feeling progressively better last night and after getting a decent 9 hours of sleep last night I feel so much better this morning.

#5 of 5 Old 06-26-2005, 10:16 PM

So glad you're feeling better. Food poisoning is horrible.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page