stuffy nose?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-06-2005, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sorry i haven't been around this board much lately, my life has been very busy. But I've got this issue that I know someone here has to have an answer to...stuffy nose with pregnancy. I've really noticed it since coming home from vacation yesterday. My nose is dry, kinda stuffy and also when I blow my nose I get a bloody nose often.

Anything you can recommend I do to alleviate it?

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#2 of 8 Old 07-06-2005, 11:56 AM

I'm going to watch for anyone who has relief. I've had this stuffiness since my first trimester. It tickles the back of my throat, and I am coughing an awful lot. I didn't have this with my first, and nothing seems to get rid of it for good. I get the bloody nose less frequently than I did in the beginning, though...
#3 of 8 Old 07-06-2005, 12:08 PM

Ya know...now that someone else has mentioned it....I think I've been having this too. No nosebleeds, just a dry/stuffy nose. Sometimes if I try blowing my nose, my right ear gets plugged up.
#4 of 8 Old 07-15-2005, 04:32 PM

Hi -
I'm lurking from the Nov. board but had to chime in here. I have been absolutely plagued by congestion and allergies since about April. The most helpful thing I've found is a Neti pot - http://www.sinucleanse.com/netipotla...+pot&ovtac=PPC

I ordered on line but I think you might be able to find it locally. It took a bit of getting used to but now I love it and even got DH to make use of it while he had a cold (is that gross that we share? oh well!).

Good luck!

Rae
#5 of 8 Old 07-18-2005, 06:17 PM

I'm not sure but I thought I heard that a stuffy nose (without cold) is common to have during pg....I just deal with it and breathe out of my mouth
#6 of 8 Old 07-18-2005, 11:26 PM

Sometimes my throat feels all swollen, and i have trouble breathing. I wonder if that's somehow related? I've had it with all three pregnancies, but never at any other time.
#7 of 8 Old 07-19-2005, 12:19 PM

I have sinus issues when I'm not pregnant, it's even worse when I am!! DH is complaining a lot about me snoring and I'm getting tired of waking up with a fuzzy dry mouth because I can't breathe through my nose at night. I have also heard that it is normal during pregnancy (unfortunately).
#8 of 8 Old 07-19-2005, 08:27 PM

Yeah, I had this with my first pregnancy and have it again this time. Dry and stuffy nose. Sometimes my throat feels swollen too, I think it's a combo of increased blood volume and a increased allergies or something. Not sure what to do about it myself. I 've heard good things about the Netti pot though, I may just pick one up in the next few weeks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page