Maternity clothes!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2005, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only person who can't wait to cut these ridiculously uncomfortable clothes up!!!!
They are driving me wild!!
With my first baby I didn't have to wear maternity clothes till my 7 month...I was small enough that I just wore bigger sized clothing till I had a stomach to hold up the full panel maternity clothing I bought.
So this time I went out and spent $500 on low rise, before and after, stretch all different kinds of pants for the beginning of pregnancy and I am SOOOO annoyed by them that I can not wait to get a big belly so I can wear my full panels!!!!
I am 24 weeks and not big enough that a stranger would know I am pregnant but big enough where the old jeans and clothing just won't cut it. So I wear these half panel pants that roll down under my stomach and put too much pressure on it....or I have jeans that I bought with a little room to "grow" that after I wear them for 5 minutes stretch out and SERIOUSLY threaten to drop to my ankles! I have safety pins gathering in the sides and am now SERIOUSLY considering buying suspenders to wear under my shirts to hold them up!
I can't tell you how underminding it is to be in a meeting with my bosses and have to stand up and hike up my pants discreetly..... : let's just say I have not discovered a way to be discreet about it yet!

I know it is crazy to get worked up about this but I just find it SOOOOO upsetting! I tend to carry very high and this time it is no different which only further encourages my pants to roll down.
If I could live in stretchy comfortable pants let me tell I would be!

I am just SOOOOOO frustrated!

PLease tell me I am not the only one out there that does not believe maternity clothes are THE most comfortable clothing out there!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2005, 09:02 PM

Wow. I am 24 weeks also and have had a serious need of maternity clothes since 12 weeks. I carry very low, though, so I was busting out of the regular pants. A few things that might help you: look for a Bella Band. It's a lifesaver. It fits over the band of your maternity pants (or regular pants) and holds them up. It actually does work, and is comfortable. You can wear it folded down under the belly or folded up like a full panel, and either way, your clothes stay on. Also, check ebay for Japanese Weekend pants. I hate maternity pants, but these are actually pretty comfortable, and they're cute to boot. They're MUCH cheaper on ebay than buying direct.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your suggestions Rachel!!

I am on my way to check those things out.....
Old 07-07-2005, 02:19 PM

I'm frustrated too! But for a different reason.
I'm starting to need maternity clothes, but for some odd reason, I am a full size bigger this time! So my large maternity pants don't fit AT ALL!!
I hate buying new clothes, and now that I'm big and uncomfortable, I don't want to!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 07-07-2005, 02:22 PM

i have one pair of JW pants that I bought from titleninesports.com . LOVE THEM! I have one pair of JW jeans i bought off ebay and hate them. The jeans tend to fall down.

I am sooo big that neither panel or underbelly is cutting it, and I'm tall and baby is just poking out the front. So while we are ranting.....all my shirts are now too short! If I'm wearing the under belly style bottom dd will tell me "mom the baby will get sunburned." because my belly is sticking out. And if I'm wearing panel style pants then the panel sticks out.

and swimsuits. grrrrrr. Can't find one. I own three maternity suits and none of them fit. Apparently my boobs are too small, belly too big and butt too small to fit anything normally sized.

a few more months right?

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 07-07-2005, 06:30 PM

This is frustrating.I have checked out all the maternity stores around here (thyme maternity and motherhood) and I just dont like the clothes. Spending that much on clothes i don't love that I will only wear for a few more months feels crazy. What I am loving is my Lululemon pants. They will fit after as well so spending a little more on a few pieces I can live in and not feel like i'm wearing a costume feels great. I know they have a new stores popping up everywhere. The pants I love I think are called "Lulu rib" ? maybe. They are the more cottony fabric as apposed to the luon fabric which is more slippery.
Another thing that I really like is wearing a short stretchy cotton miniskirt as a top, I got a sports bra also from lululemon that is great and I wear it under the skirt top.
One more thing is I bought some t-shirt material for super cheap at a fabric store and cut it and sewed it into tubes, then I wear my regular pants completely undone in the front with this band around my hips. The band ends up looking like a shirt coming out of the bottom of the shirt i'm wearing. (did that make sense?)
But one thing for sure is that at least its not like it used to be, my Mom tells me horror stories of the maternity clothes in the late sixties, how they all had huge bows on the front and wear not very flatering or sexy at all.
Best wishes all you hot Mamas!

User Tag List