IS your baby head down yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-07-2005, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 26 weeks and at my last appt which was almost a month ago, my midwife didn't say anything about baby being head down. I forgot to ask if he/she should be or when they normally turn that way. How far along are you nad is your baby head down yet?
#2 of 15 Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 PM

we dont really feel for postition yet, but where you get the heartbeat is a good indicator of babies position, right? With my first pregnancy, I dont remember anything like worrying about breech, but do know the baby was head down the last few weeks....until then she wiggled around as much as she could and changed positions quite a bit.

so I am expecting the same here, as this one has become quite squirmy as well, and feels as though its kicking my cervix directly so its probably feet down right at this exact moment. but its got lots of room and lots of time to get head down, from what i understand.

edited to add: I am 24 or 25 weeks....not sure
#3 of 15 Old 07-08-2005, 01:58 AM

I'm just about 28 weeks now, at 27 weeks at my last appointment the baby was head down. I'm pretty sure the baby is hanging out there for the most part. I feel kicks up above my belly button and by my ribs. I feel lots of poking around my bladder and cervix and pelvic bones. I think I'm getting punched down below. Seems like the baby is staying head down, but does rotate from one side to the other. Sometimes when I lay down in the bath I can see the shape of the baby's butt sticking up near the top of my uterus.

#4 of 15 Old 07-08-2005, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
my baby is head down and at 0 station in my pelvis. It is damn uncomfortable, and bgles my mind to think about feeling like this for 13 more weeks. I am glad she is head down and all, but really, its too early for baby to be this low.
#5 of 15 Old 07-08-2005, 05:24 PM

mines head down for the moment but things can change at any time
#6 of 15 Old 07-08-2005, 06:54 PM

My dd went head down at 26 weeks and stayed that way, and I remember everybody saying that was unusual. This one is still flipping every which way at 24.5 weeks.
#7 of 15 Old 07-08-2005, 07:56 PM

I'm 27wks and this little guy is still wiggling around. I'm pretty sure he's going from vertex to transverse. It's hard for me to tell tho, unless I catch his heartbeat up by my belly button.
#8 of 15 Old 07-08-2005, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
virgil didn't go head down until about 36 weeks. kept fretting, despite my MW saying that by 28 weeks about half of them do, then by 30 weeks half of that amount and then 32 weeks half again and so on and that really very few babes don't go head down. but i couldn't stop thinking about the ones that didn't b/c my MW wouldn't do a breech so i was getting nuts about being breech. he wasn't and the birth was wonderful!
#9 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 09:37 AM

heads down at 26 wks just like all the others...the others stayed down so let's hope this little one does too...I can feel kicking in my ribs as of this morning...right on schedule!
#10 of 15 Old 07-10-2005, 01:59 PM

No and it's freaking me out a little :LOL My MW won't do breech at home, so it's kind of the one nagging little fear I've had through this whole pregnancy (i'm 28 weeks). I know it's still so early, but my first was head down from the beginning it felt like, I always felt his kicks up at the top of my uterus. With this one, I almost NEVER feel kicks at the top always either low and to my left or right over my cervix. BUT, the rational part of me knows that it's nothing to really worry about until closer to 34-36 weeks, so I try to take a deep breath and just let it go.
#11 of 15 Old 07-11-2005, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Well I had my appt today and she dsiad the baby is head down but there is still plenty of wiggle room in there. I am still glad though. My other ones were head down from about 7 moths on.
#12 of 15 Old 07-12-2005, 09:06 PM

I asked my MW this exact question at my last visit and she said that until the baby is bigger then s/he can stay in the head down position. But right now (24w) there is still a lot of room in there and swimming space. So flips and turns is what happens throughout the day. I also remember from my Bradley teacher that a baby can turn up until the last day...
#13 of 15 Old 07-13-2005, 11:28 AM
p.s

our baby started out breech, but by the second trimester started to hang out in the transverse position head to the left. If I lay on my right side, then he'll flip transverse with head to the right. It's okay for now, but by week 36, if he's not head down, we're going to have to do some negotiating.
#14 of 15 Old 07-13-2005, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.s
but by week 36, if he's not head down, we're going to have to do some negotiating.
With whom? The baby?
#15 of 15 Old 07-13-2005, 02:51 PM
p.s

That's right; it'll probably be our first serious talk.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page