Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just a little roll call to see how everybody is doing

How far along are you now?

Is it a boy, girl or surprise?

How are you feeling physically?

How are you feeling emotionally?

Is baby a kicker or more laid back? Any pattern to movement?

What is your birth plan?

What # child is this?

What are the others saying?

Is your DH being supportive?

Anything else you want to add?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 07-11-2005, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

How far along are you now?26 wks today

Is it a boy, girl or surprise? Surprise!!!

How are you feeling physically? Pretty good...good energy level, not too uncomfortable yet!

How are you feeling emotionally? Tears were on the surface for a while...cry over anything however it seems to be settling

Is baby a kicker or more laid back? Any pattern to movement? This baby is getting more active but not a constant kicker...did keep me awake kicking the other night though

What is your birth plan? I am having a home birth...I have a midwife and I will call her when I need her...it may be an unnassisted birth because I like to labour alone and may wait too long...it was too noisy last time because I called everyone too soon so now I am not calling until much much later. Who know it may be way too late...I am prepared for UC just in case.

What # child is this?#4

What are the others saying? My kids are exciting...the oldest is a little resentful...I think she is resentful of everything but she's 14 so....

Is your DH being supportive? He's the best!

Anything else you want to add?Just want this board to get hopping!
#3 of 14 Old 07-11-2005, 03:40 PM

I'll be 28wks tomorrow!

BOY!!!

[B]Tired! I'm already in the uncomfy stage.[B]

Depends on the day. :LOL It seems I have been really hormonal/emotional lately...not sure why.

Busy little guy!!!!! Just like his older sister, Gracie. Some days it seems that he moves ALL day long! Other days he's usually quiet during the late morning/afternoon and is active in the late afternoon into the night. He also isn't that busy when I'm in bed. Sometimes he will be right at first but he settles down. He knows Mama likes her sleep. :LOL

What is your birth plan?
We will be having our second home waterbirth. I'd really like to do similar to Carolyn's plan. I've already told my mw that I want to labor/birth UC as much as possible.

What # child is this?
4th (5th preg)

Now that my belly has grown and they can see/feel him moving...they are excited! My 5yo is pretty bummed that it's a boy. :LOL She wanted another sister. My oldest is very excited and loves helping me find outfits and get his stuff all organized. My youngest is a lot more aware than I expected! She knows there's a baby in there, that it's a boy, loves to see/feel my belly, tells other people about her baby brother, etc.

Oh yes. He's not working full-time right now (just does freelance stuff) so he's here all the time. He lets me take my time getting up in the mornings, helps w/the girls, etc. It seems that he's more laid back this time about the birth too which is nice. He was a little apprehensive last time..w/ our first homebirth. This time tho, HE suggested we have another hb!

Can't think of anything!
#4 of 14 Old 07-11-2005, 05:37 PM

How far along are you now? 27 weeks

Is it a boy, girl or surprise? boy

How are you feeling physically? My breathing is icky and heartburn is sometimes reflux, but even this is better than the first trimester

How are you feeling emotionally? I have bouts of emotional intensity that I'm not expecting - my son threw a tantrum on and off for a couple hours this morning, and I just broke into tears!

Is baby a kicker or more laid back? Any pattern to movement? This baby is more active than my first ds. He has more quiet days now than he did a couple weeks ago, so I suppose movements are getting harder on him. He likes to kick in the morning, the early afternoon, and the middle of the night (I'm ticklish enough that it wakes me up, too!)

What is your birth plan? I'm going to labor at home until I can't do it anymore, and somewhat hoping I'll wait "too long" - as I'm still unable to see me going to the hospital at all, but found no homebirth midwives I could even fathom being able to afford.

What # child is this? My second

What are the others saying? My son is still playing at being a big brother. I have one friend who is still pro-csect, and seems to think I'm absolutely mental... I have a couple friends who are a little more crunchy, but they live a couple states away. And the in-laws are just patiently waiting.

Is your DH being supportive? Very. He's right there with me about everything, though when I first told him about the "waiting too long" thing, he was a little scared, since he also swallowed the whole medicalization thing, too. But he understands my reasoning, now.

Anything else you want to add? Just to say I can't believe it's only 90 days until the birth. I keep saying "90 days same as cash"
#5 of 14 Old 07-11-2005, 05:55 PM

How far along are you now? ~ 28w3d!

Is it a boy, girl or surprise? ~ Surprise

How are you feeling physically? ~ Tired, lazy, leg cramps at night and generally just "blah".

How are you feeling emotionally? ~ Ansy and impatient. A bit easily aggravated these days it seems. And I also tend to get teary-eyed very easily.

Is baby a kicker or more laid back? Any pattern to movement? ~ The baby is still very active and likes to kick me just under my ribs. I do seem to feel movement more after meals, and the baby is especially active starting in the early evening and going strong until 1 or 2 in morning.

What is your birth plan? ~ Birth my baby at home, don't call the midwife until I am close because I want to labor undisturbed this time. It would be okay with me if she didn't make it in time .

What # child is this? ~ 2

What are the others saying? ~ He says stuff like, "Baby drink milkie? Jakob drink milkie?" And, "Baby coming soon?" He asks to hold the baby too.

Is your DH being supportive? ~ Somedays it's like he doesn't remember I am pregnant at all. But mostly he is really supportive. He gave me a nice backrub last night, things like that really help me right now.

Anything else you want to add? ~ I'm just getting very excited about the birth. I just can't believe it's only about 11 weeks away and we have so much to do still! I keep imagining what it's going to be like when the baby is born. I imagine that I catch the baby myself and announce whether it's a boy or a girl.

#6 of 14 Old 07-11-2005, 11:35 PM

Thanks for starting this thread

How far along are you now? ...I'm 24w 3d

Is it a boy, girl or surprise?...It's a BOY!

How are you feeling physically?...for the most part good, but I've been having some intense groin pain and sore legs.

How are you feeling emotionally?...Pretty good, but some days I feel crazy. The other morning I couldn't stop crying, then the rest of the day I was bouncing off the walls...

Is baby a kicker or more laid back? Any pattern to movement?...Baby is pretty laid back. He bumps around a lot but not to much kicking. Usually right before bed he is the most active. One day last week he kicked a lot though, it was neat!

What is your birth plan?...I am birthing at a hospital birthing center with a midwife. I am going to prepare for a UC, since we live about 40 min. away from the hospital.

What # child is this?...baby #1

What are the others saying?...Our familys are really excited

Is your DH being supportive?...Totally. He work a lot, and spends his weekends doing projects on the house...

Anything else you want to add?...I'm having a baby shower mid August (it's 8 hrs away), can't wait

*erin*

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#7 of 14 Old 07-12-2005, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
27 weeks 2 days

girl

intense cervical pressure, as baby is at 0 station already. Getting some sciatic nerve pain down the back of my left leg, just like I always get about this stage. Tire easily.

mostly grouchy if I dont get enough rest, not too teary eyed this week.

kicker. SOmetimes I get a nice Hi YA! kind of kick that would knock something off my belly if I had something on it. Movement in the morning, late afternoon, and late at night primarily.

What is your birth plan?
planning our second home waterbirth. Has possibility of going quickly, so I wont wait long to call midwife. She's my best friend, anyway, no reason to wait to call her!

What # child is this?

there's no way youre going to wait till october for that baby, you look full term NOW!

yes, i keep him updated on the cervical pressure part, because some evenings it puts me out of commission and I have to go put my feet up. He sees I am much bigger much sooner and is volunteering to do laundry when last time he resented just having to take the baskets up and down for me while I still did the laundry. Very encouraving of me to take it easy, has helped me set up a plan for meal preparation earlier in the day so I am not so physically spent by 6 pm.
#8 of 14 Old 07-12-2005, 01:56 PM

Almost 28 weeks
A girl. I wanted a surprise, but Adam wanted to know.
Achey and crampy and just overall blah.
I'm excited to have the baby, but feeling unappreciated by Adam.
She's a mover and a wiggler. I do get kicked, but not so much. No real pattern, she gets moving when it's moving time!
What is your birth plan?
A home waterbirth.
What # child is this?
That I should have her in the hospital -just in case!
My last pregnancy was complicated, so they always tell me to take it easy and such.

About the pregnancy? As much as he can be. [Men seem to have a harder time bonding with the baby when it's in the belly.]
In other aspects? He's supportive, but he needs to help out more!!

I can't wait until this little one is here!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#9 of 14 Old 07-12-2005, 02:19 PM

How far along are you now? 25 weeks

Is it a boy, girl or surprise? girl

How are you feeling physically? pretty good most of the time. when i'm not achy, tired, feeling sick, etc.

How are you feeling emotionally? exhausted. cranky haha

Is baby a kicker or more laid back? Any pattern to movement? she kicks lots! no pattern. i'm enjoying it but i want her out. LOL

What is your birth plan? homebirth, possibly waterbirth depends on how i'm feeling at the time but i'm renting a birth tub to at least labor in.

What # child is this? fourth

What are the others saying? people are actually asking how far along i am and noticing i'm pregnant this time its a nice change!! No one ever did until later on with the others.

Is your DH being supportive? yup
#10 of 14 Old 07-12-2005, 05:11 PM

28 weeks tomorrow

It's a suprise, but we're pretty sure it's a boy or a girl :LOL

I feel pretty darned fine. Not great, not horrible. Not much to complain about.

I'm feeling pretty even emotionally. When I get tired I get cranky, but that's not new. The new part is how easily I get tired.

The baby seems pretty laid back. He/she kicks a lot after lunch and dinner. There's usually a big show when Matt and I are lying in bed and talking. It seems the sound of both of our voices together gets the kid all excited.

What is your birth plan?

Hands-off homebirth. I'd go UC but Matt would not be comfortable with that. Our midwife is wonderful and happy to sit in the background and let my body do all the work.

What # child is this?

Child #1

I get lots of dumb comments at work ("Schedule a c-section so you get an extra two weeks of disability." "Take your baby to day care as soon as possible so it doesn't get too attached and make it hard for you to come back to work later."). My family has come around to the homebirth so they're being mostly supportive. They're a bit upset that we didn't do an ultrasound.

He's being very supportive. He's also nesting like a maniac. It's driving me a little crazy. I love all the home improvements, but I wish he'd sit still for a moment once in a while.

Hypnobabies rocks!
#11 of 14 Old 07-13-2005, 11:36 AM
p.s

How far along are you now? 25 weeks

Is it a boy, girl or surprise? boy

How are you feeling physically? okay, but not enough time to get done all the things I need to do.

How are you feeling emotionally? okay, more laid back than my usual self.

Is baby a kicker or more laid back? Any pattern to movement? I think he's laid back, which means he'll take after his daddy. He kicks after meals and when I relax/rest, like on the sofa. He also kicks when he's displeased- with my position (usually a particular stretch), when there is too much "music"/noise (like at a particular Barnes' Noble, or when a car playing loud rap pulls up in traffic), or when I'm hungry (which I try to avoid).

What is your birth plan? in hospital, with OB, vaginally if at all possible, no drugs.

What # child is this? 1

What are the others saying? The little voices in the head are saying this is a good thing.

Is your DH being supportive? Yes.

Anything else you want to add? Hmm, anybody else obsessed with food as much as I have been?
#12 of 14 Old 07-15-2005, 11:37 PM

How far along are you now? 25w5d

Is it a boy, girl or surprise? boy!

How are you feeling physically? tired, run down, and huge!

How are you feeling emotionally? mostly okay, but sometimes freaking out over the lack of money around here, and my ability to parent a third child!

Is baby a kicker or more laid back? Any pattern to movement? i feel a lot of movement. a lot on both sides of my pelvis, and then also up above on either side of my belly button.

What is your birth plan? we plan to deliver with the midwives at the local birth center. we might have a waterbirth, depending upon how i feel about it when the time comes

What # child is this? #3

What are the others saying? I think Liam is getting jealous, but Rhiannon is really excited and keeps asking when he's coming out. Oh, and she also has her own baby in her belly - a girl :LOL

Is your DH being supportive? For the most part, but he's really stressed at work right now, and some of that is comign home with him
#13 of 14 Old 07-18-2005, 01:14 AM

26 weeks

BOY

Like I have a grapefruit in my vagina trying to push itself out. A little tired. HOT! HOT! HOT! It's 115 degrees here!

Excited and obsessed about what he will look like!

He's a kicker and a mover. He's a bit of a night owl...or maybe I just notice it more when I am finally still.

What is your birth plan?

Birthing center with a midwife-water labor-water birth if I don't get out.

What # child is this?

Boy #2

Slow down. Take it easy. Relax.

As always. We actually started a Bradley class tonight that I think we will both enjoy. It gives us time to focus on us and the new baby.

I think I am compensating the loss of the ability to dress a baby girl (it is not actually having a boy child that I resent--I am very happy with that! I am just mourning the loss of very cute clothing) by going on a wool diaper cover rampage. I used AIOs the first time, but I am ready for a change. If anyone has any they love, please share the info!

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#14 of 14 Old 07-18-2005, 02:03 AM

26w2d

SURPRISE! Although we have an envelope with a picture of the baby's 'parts' from our sonogram last Friday here at home. It's hard to resist the temptation to rip it open to find out, but we are so looking forward to the moment of discovery after the baby is born.

Great, thankfully. I've had lots of energy lately and have been nesting in earnest. Going for 3 mile walks with the puppy every day, plus prenatal yoga and swimming. Some minor aches in the back/hips/pelvis area are starting up just in the past few days, and I feel super-hot at night even with no covering and a fan blowing right on me.

Let's just say I definitely have my moments!! DH will attest to that...

Definitely got a kicker and a 'roller' in there! I love feeling the baby move inside me. I tend to feel movement more in the evenings when I'm more still, and also after meals.

What is your birth plan?
Midwife attended homebirth, hoping for a waterbirth!

What # child is this?
Numero uno.

I'm all belly!

Very. He's an amazing man and I'm very lucky. He is so cute at our midwife appointments, he asks so many great questions and is just so into it all. We're both excited about starting our childbirth classes next weekend, it's a combo of Birthing from Within and Hypnobirthing.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page