Trip to midwife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-13-2005, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well had my regularly scheduled trip to the midwife today...she was concerned...about my ER experience and is calling to get a record of my ultrasound.

Routine appt...hb was around 150ish...just perfect. Baby has been active since I went to er...maybe picking up on my stress.

No pain in my side anymore...I know they are suggesting appendix but my own opinion(and I hope I am right) is a ruptured cyst on my ovary...because it felt just like my O pain only a zillion times worse!

So I have been told that if I were to have an appendectomy the chances of it causing preterm labour is 15%...but of course there would be no choice as a perforated appendix is deadly anyway...

Hopefully it doesn't happen again and I won't have to worry about that and if it does I hope it happens closer to delivery so I won't have to worry about it at all!

Ultrasound puts me at 27 weeks and baby's weight at 2.4 lbs

Anyway...we are going to bed soon...I am so tired...I really need to sleep tomorrow morning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-13-2005, 11:43 PM

Wow, I hope it's not the appendix. How can they tell for sure if that's what it is?

Anyhow, get lots of rest! Let us know how things are going.

#3 of 3 Old 07-14-2005, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldshakerz
Wow, I hope it's not the appendix. How can they tell for sure if that's what it is?

Anyhow, get lots of rest! Let us know how things are going.
Well when they did the ultrasound she looked at the appendix...it was hard to see because the baby was in the way however right where she was pushing is where my appendix is and that is exactly where the pain was...from what she could see it was a little enlarged. The spot where the appendix is was so tender I could barely stand it!

However the bloodwork came back fine. But the dr. I saw in the morning also said that's not always a clear indicator of appendicitis.

There is another test but from what I understand it is a bit invasive so he doesn't want to do it if he doesn't have to. He said the best indicator is the pain and to come back immediately should it start again...it's completely gone now except for a bit of tenderness. Then they would do further tests. Hopefully it never comes back or not until the baby is big enough to be born healthy!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page