shoes... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2005, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What kind are you wearing these days?? Tie-ons? Slip-ons? Buckles? Can you reach your feet to put them on?

I have started to wear my slip-on shoes and flip-flops. I find it hard to get my tennis shoes on, but I do still wear them. :LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2005, 11:39 PM

I was just thinking about shoes! A few weeks ago my right foot swelled up huge, and my left just a little...and none of my work shoes would go one my feet! It was horrible, shoes I had worn a week ago wouldn't even squeeze on! I had to wear a pair of dh shoes to get me through the day! Then I bought some Crocs (a friend at work suggested them), heres a random link to some on sell on e-bay~

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=63889&rd=1

Of course those are they name brand ones. I got a pair of black ones at Payless Shoe Store for $15. There are seriously the most comfortable shoes I have ever had, and they fit no matter what size my feet decide to be today! I highly recommend them

*erin*
#1 edd 10/29/05

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
Old 07-19-2005, 12:18 AM

I wear slip-on sandals when I wear shoes at all. Good thing about Hawaii is I don't have to worry about what to wear in the snow. I'm barefoot 99% of the time though. My sandals are two-year-old Earth Shoes from Wal-Mart. Made of leather, very sturdy. I'm picky about my sandals; they must be comfortable. It's a shame, really, how many sandals either have heels or no support in the soles. Or both. This is fresh in my mind because I don't actually like keeping sandals more than one season, but I haven't been able to find any comfy enough to replace the ones I have now.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

Old 07-19-2005, 01:15 PM

Since it's summer I've been wearing nothing but Birks. I haven't been swelling too much but if I do, I can still loosen the straps a bit. I'm not sure what I will do once fall comes, but maybe I will just wear the Birks with socks for as long as I can. I really only have to worry about October since I'm due at the end of the month.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:48 PM
p.s

wearing my regular shoes. refuse to buy shoes just for pregnancy. am 26 weeks, so can still reach my feet but when I put on tennis shoes i need to sit down. the other night I was at a dinner and actually had trouble squeezing between the heavy chairs. imagaine a pregnant women going..up on her tip toes..no, okay bending the knees.. then kind of twisting the torso...
Old 07-19-2005, 02:27 PM

I wear flip flops or my regular sneakers. My sister bought them for my birthday last year and laced them so they never have to be tied, and can be just slipped on. However, now that my feet have gotten wider, I can't get them on as easily. *sigh*
I don't want to buy shoes for this pregnancy. :P

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 07-19-2005, 03:15 PM

Flip-flops all the time! I also have some brown slide-on sandles that I wear if I need to "dress up". LOL!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:29 PM

I haven't had an issue with swelling so I can fit in my tennis shoes fine. But I do have to sit down to put on and it is getting a bit awkard doing that. But mostly I am barefoot or in sandals .

Old 07-19-2005, 10:48 PM

Birkenstocks all the way! I love them. On cool days I just slip a pair of socks on with them. I don't have swollen feet but I have no extra energy to deal with laces, etc. I'm the same way after babies arrive. Need slip ons for the first 6 months or so of carting a baby around. -I guess that sounds lazy but thats the facts!

Czen

User Tag List