Ugh! Back on Meds! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-19-2005, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My last pregnancy with DS I was on bedrest for 12 weeks and delivered him at 36 weeks 4 days. I was so hoping that I didn't have to go down this path this time but....
Last night I went to to the L&D, due to contractions I couldn't slow down, and I am back on Tributalane (sp?) for contractions. So far my ob hasn't put me on bedrest, my cervix although soft is staying put, but i really don't want to be on Meds. I can take them as needed and haven't so far today, but the shot they gave me last night was a whooper and made me feel yucky! I feel like I may need to take one soon.
I so wanted this to be different, it is a little, not qeiute as bad... but sooo frustrating.
Thanks for listening!
Kathleen in San Diego
DS 02/26/05
EDD 10/13/05

Crazed life-learning Mom to DS 1 Augustus (02/00) and DS 2 Ben (08/05). Love my DH Tony . Full house 5 11 found our "purrfect". Lovin' life!!!!
#2 of 7 Old 07-19-2005, 05:19 PM

I hope that this gets better on its own for you and the drugs can be kept to a minimum. It has got to feel really frustrating!
#3 of 7 Old 07-19-2005, 06:53 PM

Kathleen I'm in San Diego too (Mission Valley area) I wish you the best of luck. The meds should help, I'm sorry it is soooo frustrating. Many times things don't go as we planned and that is so aggravating! I will keep you in my "hold onto the baby" thoughts! I know someone else who is due around your date and she has been on bedrest for about 8 weeks now
Good luckl! Keep us updated!!
#4 of 7 Old 07-19-2005, 08:24 PM

to you. I'm glad it's not as bad as it was for you last time. It sure must be aggravating. It must be a bit nerve-wracking to experience preterm labor, I know I would be a wreck about it. Sending healthy full-term baby vibes your way!

#5 of 7 Old 07-20-2005, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks... I feel a little better about it today. Going to use the meds when I need them and only then. Last time I got very dependent on them becasue of the "far factor", this time I am les fearfull and feel that everything will work out the way it should.

lovnbnhome- I am in North County in Vista... helo neighbor!

Thanks everyone!
Kathleen

Crazed life-learning Mom to DS 1 Augustus (02/00) and DS 2 Ben (08/05). Love my DH Tony . Full house 5 11 found our "purrfect". Lovin' life!!!!
#6 of 7 Old 07-20-2005, 11:48 AM

That's scary...I had a day of contractions a few days ago and it was scary...I went to bed and after 12 hours sleep it was gone...it's been so hot I have been dehydrating I think. I am working hard not to but it still happens.

I hope you never need the meds again!
#7 of 7 Old 07-21-2005, 12:30 PM
p.s

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page