sweating like a pig - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sitting in my house. The AC is on and I have two fans blowing at me and i am sweating like a pig. It is horrible I could shower three or four times a day and still be stinky and it isn't like I can with the other kids anyway. I don't get it. I normally don't even wear deodrant now it doesn't even help.
#2 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 01:57 PM

Oh yeshhhh, same here. I had this the first time around - and moreso, since I was working hotel housekeeping. What's worse is waking up in a puddle of sweat at night. In fact, I had night sweats for months after I had my son. No one told me about that! I just thought your body kinda went back to normal in those first couple months... And that was the middle of winter, too.

From what I hear it has to do with the progestrone, the extra weight, and all that fun stuff. Maybe not much comfort, but I'm right there with you!
#3 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 02:58 PM

Chiming in! It's been horribly hot here, and so the air's been running 24/7. And I keep turning it down lower and lower. Sleeping with the air, and two fans. And still hot.

I've resorted to using ice packs and sucking on ice in the middle of the night to cool my body down.
#4 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 09:07 PM

Forget the recommended 78 degree F for running the air...my house is a sweatbox! I have my A/C running starting at almost 830am!! It goes all day and I hide indoors! I remember being hot and sweaty when pg with ds.......so why would I get pg and go through the summer all over again???
#5 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 09:16 PM

Oh gosh, it is like 90 degrees already at 8:30am here! We have the A/C on day and night. And I can't stand being outside. I took DS outside for 5 minutes and I was like, "Honey, let's go inside and get some water"

#6 of 8 Old 07-29-2005, 02:15 AM

i'm with you ladies; it sucks to have hot flashes during the hottest summer in years, lol. I didn't have this problem with my other kids (Ryvre was also born at the end of October, and i was detailing cars that summer--but i was also 17/18, lol) and it's driving me crazy! I can't sleep with the fan on, cause it "dries" my hubby out *rolls eyes* he's such a pain. Sometimes i sneak out to the living room in the middle of the night, because we have a ceiling fan there.
#7 of 8 Old 07-29-2005, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad im no tthe only one who isn't taking their kids out side nearly enough. I htink we have been outside a total of 1 hour all week. I just can't stand the heat. I think I may take them swimming to day to make up for it. It isn't as hot here as it has been.
#8 of 8 Old 07-29-2005, 01:13 PM

i think its torture to sit in 90 degree heat (here in ohio we hardly ever get that high) so no, we havent been out and about as much. if it stays below 80 or so, we will hike or walk up to the corn farm....but my kiddo isnt getting enough outdoor play time and neither am I.

the muggy sticky sweatiness is the worst. and also, my midwife says I am pretty dehydrated, despite drinking about 80 oz of water a day :

edited to add: btw, pigs dont even sweat, i heard..is that true?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page