This board doesn't move enough - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 07-27-2005, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Come all you preggos. POST!!!!! I am resorting to main stream DIO boards.
#2 of 28 Old 07-27-2005, 10:49 PM

I went looking at a couple of mainstream boards, but I just couldn't bring myself to join. Too much drama!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#3 of 28 Old 07-27-2005, 10:55 PM

I know, it's been so quiet lately! I keep logging in and am so disappointed there is nothing new going on. But then I haven't been good about posting anything new myself...well, until today.

#4 of 28 Old 07-27-2005, 11:03 PM

I'm bad about posting as well.

Well, here's some news. I won't be changing my username. I just found out yesterday at a surprise US that we are having our 4th boy. I feel really, really peaceful about it!
#5 of 28 Old 07-27-2005, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
congrats onlyboys
#6 of 28 Old 07-27-2005, 11:37 PM

I belong to a mainstream due date club, and I am okay with it. We are finally getting to some good debates and some good question and answer sessions from first time moms to the second, third and fourth time moms.

There are only 2 of us who homebirth and one other who does natural childbirth out of the many time moms. But it has been good to be a source of information for these first time moms about things like what is the difference between a walking and a classic epidural and why it might lead to a cascade of other interventions, etc.
#7 of 28 Old 07-28-2005, 12:28 AM

yeah...we are slow aren't we...we have to get going girls...our time is running out!!!

Congrats onlyboys! I have a feeling I will still be allgirls after October :LOL and that's fine with me...I asked hubby if he would be disappointed if this was another girl and he said "not a bit"! That sure helps.
#8 of 28 Old 07-28-2005, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls
yeah...we are slow aren't we...we have to get going girls...our time is running out!!!

Congrats onlyboys! I have a feeling I will still be allgirls after October :LOL and that's fine with me...I asked hubby if he would be disappointed if this was another girl and he said "not a bit"! That sure helps.
Surprisingly, I feel really good about it. I just want all to be well. We were weirded out by the US and I'm sure the doc felt really rushed. The baby wouldn't move, so she *thought* she saw testicles and a hand playing in the genital area. She felt confident about it. I'll take that, I suppose.
#9 of 28 Old 07-28-2005, 11:12 AM

yeah...I just want a healthy baby...everyone assumes we are "trying for a boy"...I am not sure how you go about doing that but anyway...we were trying for a baby and will take any flavour!

There are not a lot of people who understand having 4 children...I personally think it's awesome!
#10 of 28 Old 07-28-2005, 06:00 PM

Hmm. I haven't made the effort to post lately. I was gone from the board for almost a month, and when I came here and posted in the weekly chat thread as soon as we got our computer problems fixed, not a single momma welcomed me back. It's hard for me to continue posting on a board that I don't feel a connection with (and obviously people here don't feel one with me). Not a critisicm (sp?) of anyone, mind you - it's just made me rethink spending a lot of time here.

A happy woman
#11 of 28 Old 07-28-2005, 06:14 PM

We seem to have a very small board full of very busy moms. I lurk in the other due date clubs, and they come up with all kinds of questions and polls and different things, but I think they have like 20 people posting. We seem to have about 6 regular posters. I just dont have a whole lot to say. I do indeed participate more on the mainstream due date club I am on, because there are always questions and polls and different things.

I didnt know you were gone, operamommy. I would like to get to know you better!
#12 of 28 Old 07-28-2005, 06:36 PM

yes, I'm still around.....not that ya'll noticed me gone. I basically post with the running moms in the fitness forum and occasionally in the working moms part. I'm still working on my phd and my hubby just finished his about 2 weeks ago. So a quick vacation, a mad rush to work and that's about all I'm doing (well a little knitting and sewing on the side).

I'm doing a hospital VBAC, but feel a little like the odd girl out here amongst the homebirthers. I don't have lots of pg related questions this time because, well I don't have time to consider them.

in a pg related note:

I'm having such terrible lower pelvis pain I could just die. I wake up sore (and sleep with a pillow between my legs). I finally broke down and ordered one of those belly girdles this morning. It should come later this week, none too soon.

and baby related:
I want to buy 2-3 NB covers, fleece. Erin was >9lbs, I anticipate this baby will be kinda big too, but I don't want to have to rely on the free disposables (like we did last time) to diaper for the first week. Anyone have any recommendations for reasonably priced NB sized fleece wraps (snap or velcro ok, I just want soft and non plastic smelling next to me!).

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#13 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 02:15 AM

I though maybe I was the only one who checked the this board every day I started a couple post a couple weeks ago, but with not many replies, so I figures you are all busy. And I thought maybe my topics were dumb.

Kerc~ I hear you about the pelvic pain! Getting up to go potty in the middle of the night is getting more and more painful, and so is working! Let us know if the belly girdle thingy helps, I was thinking about getting one.

*erin*
#1 edd 10/29/05

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#14 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 02:46 AM

i just have nothing to talk about most of the time *sigh* unless you want to hear about how hubby and i recently worked out our "bedroom problems" lmao
#15 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 02:50 AM

:LOL

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#16 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 10:58 AM

I read all the posts, though I rarely comment. I tend to kill threads, so just enjoy reading what people say. I also have had some major emotional upheaval over the house we used to have. I feel like all I do is complain right now! And I'm not usually like that. Guess I just wanted this board to stay negativity-free, because it's been such a good board to come to - like an oasis in comparison to most message boards out there...

#17 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon
I read all the posts, though I rarely comment. I tend to kill threads, so just enjoy reading what people say. I also have had some major emotional upheaval over the house we used to have. I feel like all I do is complain right now! And I'm not usually like that. Guess I just wanted this board to stay negativity-free, because it's been such a good board to come to - like an oasis in comparison to most message boards out there...

Not letting you kill this thread!

:LOL
#18 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 12:13 PM

Yup I have noticed the same thing....come back and check to see if any one in October had anything new to say and....day after day the answer seems to be Nope!
I wonder if there are not enough first timers in our group to keep things lively?
Allot less questions after you have been there done it a time or two, or three or four!
I really have nothing new to report...

SO.....you were saying RyvreWillow? :LOL
#19 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I wonder if there are not enough first timers in our group to keep things lively?

I think that is exactly what it is.....
#20 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 02:25 PM

I had tons of questions, even though this is my second. I have just been able to search and find all kinds of answers here. There were a ton of threads on the main pregnancy board about the GTT, after all. I've already decided to decline the secondary test and wish I'd trusted my intuition better about the first! I know I'll probably lose my OB, but I'm still hoping the midwife will be willing to work with me.

I'm not nearly as confused as I was the first time around. I kinda know what physical stuff worked for us and what didn't, when we brought the baby home. I'll be breastfeeding this time, and won't have nurses around to dump loads of misinformation on me. I've found tons of info about this, too.

The only things I have questions about now seem to be things that only my body and this baby will be able to answer with time. It's a little frustrating. I'd love someone to look into a crystal ball and say "Oh, yes, definitely, you'll have a short labor this time - nowhere near 3 days, You'll be in the water and your body will ease the baby out. You won't have much tearing, your old forceps scar won't reopen, the baby's shoulders are just fine, and oh, yeah, you will have a boy/girl. S/He will latch on within the first couple attempts, and the baby won't fail to thrive." (I'm still having girl dreams, though the U/S tech said it was a boy - hense my thing about wanting to know the sex. I don't do surprises well. They bother me. If I had to wait 40 weeks to receive a birthday present, I'd weasle someone into just telling me at some point, I'm sure. )
#21 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 02:35 PM

Congrats Onlyboys!
I was just thinking this morning, how when the baby is born I'll have TWO girls to tote along with me to the bathroom when we're out in public! It's no fair, Adam won't have to bring any kiddos along with him! LOL

Movingon, I was told I was having a girl, even saw the girl parts, which look nothing like my nephew's boy parts looked at that age (20 week) and I still have this feeling that the ultrasound was wrong. I have to have another ultrasound at the end of the pregnancy to check placenta location, I'm going to see if they'll check to make sure she's a girl. I have boy dreams and TWIN dreams!!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#22 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 02:56 PM

Pyra, I can tell you this about my first and second births-- My first lasted from Wednesday to Sunday morning. I went to the OB on Wednesday for my appointment, he said, "You're in early labor. Go home until you need pain meds." I didn't go in until Sunday morning at 5ish. My son was born at 7:10 am.

My 2nd labor lasted for about 12 hours from water breaking to birth.

So, anecdotally, at least you should be a lot shorter...
#23 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 03:39 PM

Rach - I'm not going to be having anymore U/S, but if I were, I'd be asking, too.

onlyboys - 12 hours sounds fine to me. I have heard that typically, second babies are bigger and come faster, and that third ones are unpredictable. Not sure I'm ever going to have a third - well, at least not give birth to a third. But I'm crossing my fingers that "prodomal" labor doesn't last forever.
#24 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 03:45 PM

My 3rd was my easiest birth so far, but I had heard they were the wild card. My 2nd son was smaller than either of the other two...

Prodromal labor sucks, sucks, sucks. No question about it.
#25 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 06:28 PM

This is definitely a quiet board! I am also hanging out on others instead of here.
But I do like it here!!
#26 of 28 Old 07-29-2005, 06:28 PM

Prodromal labor is the worst. I've never had it, but we admit some patients into our triage area numerous times before they actually get admitted to an inpatient room and deliver. I feel so bad for them because they are having contractions, but not making any cervical change. Hopefully # 2 will come quicker for you Pyra. #1 for me was 17 hours #2 about 8 and #3 was 2 3/4 hours. Hoping I continue my trend too.

I come here and check posts everyday, but I guess I'm more of a lurker. I love hearing what everyone else is up too. This being my 4th and the fact that I'm an l&d nurse I guess I don't have lots of questions and haven't read one pregnancy or birth book this time. Like Kerc I hang out over at the running board. I've been a regular over there since last April so I know more people. Turns out we have some preggos over there now. About 5 of us between Sept and Dec. Not running much these days, but trying to keep acitve with walks and an occasional run and bike ride.

Been busy with the kids. Trying to get our curriculum done before the baby comes and then I won't start the next year until the baby is a few weeks old. The joys of homeschooling. I'm still working 1 evening a week. I'll work until 36 weeks. I'm planning on taking 6 months off again. I only work per diem, 1 day a week so there is no rush for me to get back there. Enjoying our summer here. Just got back from camping this week(only one night), but boy it was a lot of work. Makes more sense to spend a week with all the prep work that goes into it. Feeling good here. Occasionally I get leg cramps, but trying to increase my calcium intake. Bummed about my weight gain this time, but I guess it will all come off again like it did the other times.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Patti
#27 of 28 Old 07-30-2005, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsonsmama
SO.....you were saying RyvreWillow? :LOL
Haha! Well, if it will keep the moms hanging around here entertained for just a few more minutes, then i am willing to share!

It's nothing too juicy, but having a hubby home for two+ weeks with no job...well...you get to talking, lol, and we ended up working out some major issues we've (i've) had since our first child was born. Namely, our lack of sex, and my lack of seeing it as a bad thing. Long story short, i seemed to have transformed from girlfriend to mom overnight (it happens) and skipped the whole "wife" part. The problem was, i didn't see the importance of what was missing, and was annoyed that he did--i was like, hey, your laundry is done, your dinner is made, and your kids are taken care of, what else do you want? But, apparently, he wanted affection, and a wife he could love and hug without getting smacked. It took me awhile to understand the significance of this, and i'm not sure what did it, but i suddenly understood he just wanted to feel like he mattered to me, and i realized how harsh and cold i'd been. I'm not sure how it relates, but as a result, i suddenly fell in love with him all over again, and things are better now than they were when we were dating! Oh yeah, and the sex is good too
#28 of 28 Old 07-30-2005, 03:15 AM

*hoping not to kill this thread*

I am a long time member of a mainstream board, but I'm pretty absent there lately as well. I know a lot of you can relate to this...I have a toddler so I'd rather not spend time online when I could be playing with him. Especially considering there's a baby on the way and I want him to have lots of mom-time while I'm on summer break.

I think it's so cute that we have both "allgirls" and "onlyboys" in this Due In forum. If we kept having kids, I'm pretty sure I'd end up a momma to only boys as well, but this will be our 2nd and last baby. DH's family makes boys, only. ONLY! It's crazy. I guess that's part of the reason we don't find out the gender...it's like having a girl--maybe--for 9 or so months.

Pregnancy-wise everything seems normal right now. Normal aches and pains, normal lack of sleep etc. Due to scheduling problems, DH and I were unable to sign up for Bradley classes this time around. I'm a bit bummed about that, but I have lots of books and materials so I'm reading up and practicing my relaxation techniques. The key is getting DH to practice with me though. And he's a bit of a foot-dragger sometimes!

I will definitely be posting more. Maybe I'll even start a thread or two!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page