Kicking? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-27-2005, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't feel the baby kick very often. I feel her move and turn all the time, but I don't feel very many actual kicks. Is this normal?
She is ALWAYS on the move, it seems she can never get comfortable, and I have been kicked before, but lately, I've been reading about "kick counts" and that sort of thing, and it occured to me, I rarely get kicked.
Is this normal?
I have NO CLUE what position she's in! With my first daughter, I could tell you everything, down to elbows and knees, etc.. But with this one, I'm at a total loss at what I'm feeling. The other day, I almost convinced myself that it was twins or something, and that they are kicking each other. [I've had two ultrasounds that showed only one baby! :P] I feel movement down below and up top, but like I say, it's movements, no real jabs or anything.
She must be a very delicate dainty girl!?!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#2 of 13 Old 07-27-2005, 11:05 PM

It gets harder for them to Kick as they get more squished. I have the smae problem with this one she/he moves everywhere soI really can't tell what position she is in. it drives me crazy. I want to know she is head down. lol
I am pretty sure when they talk about kick counts you can count any movements .
#3 of 13 Old 07-28-2005, 01:45 AM

There is still some kicking going on, but not as much lately. But the baby does this thing where it pushes it's foot up against the top of my uterus like it is just stretching out in there. I mean, I can actually feel that foot inside me. I could never feel it like that with Jakob. I feel all kinds of wiggles. I think it all does count for the kick count thingie.

#4 of 13 Old 07-28-2005, 12:44 PM

The kicks are still pretty rough, but the neat part is when he moves his foot along the uterus wall, and I can watch this little bump move across me. He is starting to sleep more often, and doesn't get as upset when I change positions at night. For a while, if I needed to turn to my other side, he'd kick the daylights out of me for a half hour... That's probably the best part of pregnancy. Otherwise, I'm already counting down until he's not sharing my body with me.

#5 of 13 Old 07-28-2005, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.
I know that as they run out of space they move more, and kick less.
I only made it to 35 weeks with my daughter, but measured weeks behind, so I bet this little one is having a hard time stretching it's home to the size she neeeds it. :P
But I think what's worried me most is she has never really been a kicker. I have gotten kicked, mostly it was during a couple of days where I swear, she and my older daughter were fighting! [My daughter would hit my belly while throwing a fit, and this little one would kick back!] But for just about the entire pregnnacy, she's been a mover, not a kicker.
I'm probably just being a mom and reading too much into this.
I'm sure everything is fine! I have my 30 week appointment tomorrow, I'll ask my midwife then.

#6 of 13 Old 07-28-2005, 07:35 PM

Maybe she's facing your back?
#7 of 13 Old 07-29-2005, 02:05 AM

My baby moves a lot, but does not kick much at all. He'll kick like twice, I'll call my husband over to feel it, then he wont kick again! My dh has only felt him a few times!

*erin*
#1 edd 10/29/05

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#8 of 13 Old 07-29-2005, 03:02 AM

haha, this baby is the same way! My hubby was starting to feel really rejected (she'll kick until she hears his voice, or feels his hand on my belly, and stops) until today, when i was laying on my side, and i told him to put his hand under my belly where it was against the matress (she hates being squished, and kicks against it). At first, she stopped moving, and then she did something really weird; it felt like she was rubbing a foot or something along my uterus, right where my husband's hand was--and it really tickled! Every time i laughed, she did it again. Hubby was THRILLED, especially when i told him she's never done that before
#9 of 13 Old 07-29-2005, 12:31 PM

I would really like to know what position this baby is in too!
I am just over 27 weeks and it still seems to have WAY too much room in there because the kicks (or punches) are HARD! It flips over or around in there too and those movements are VERY uncomfortable...I don't enjoy that. I catch myself holding my breath waiting for it to be finished.
Some of the hits though are pretty forceful...the ones when it kicks my bladder make for some scary moments when you just aren't sure if you are going to be able to stop yourself from peeing your pants!
I am looking forward to this little guy getting bigger and running out of room so that I don't have so many of those "take your breath away" kicks!
#10 of 13 Old 07-29-2005, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceMomma
Maybe she's facing your back?

You know, she used to, back when I first started feeling her (just before/around 20 weeks). She'd push her back out out out, and it was so weird, because I'd have this perfect lump sticking out, as long as her back!
At my 26 week appointment though, she was up facing my ribs. Maybe she moved just for the appointment. :P
But I wonder if she IS facing my back, and that's why I feel odd movements, but no kicks!
When I first read your response, it was like a lightbulb went off. I think you're right! I can't believe I didn't think about that! Thanks!
I have a midwife appointment today, I'll ask her about it, but I think you're right.

#11 of 13 Old 07-29-2005, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyvreWillow
today, when i was laying on my side, and i told him to put his hand under my belly where it was against the matress (she hates being squished, and kicks against it). At first, she stopped moving, and then she did something really weird; it felt like she was rubbing a foot or something along my uterus, right where my husband's hand was--and it really tickled! Every time i laughed, she did it again. Hubby was THRILLED, especially when i told him she's never done that before
Haha! Maybe she was like "Awwww..daddy..." and when you laughed she couldn't wait to do it again. You know how little ones love to make their mommies laugh!

#12 of 13 Old 07-30-2005, 12:59 PM

Have you guys seen the Spinning Babies web site?

http://www.spinningbabies.com/

I have the hardest time feeling the baby's head or butt with my hands for some reason, I can never tell what's what that way, but this website taught me how to tell what position the baby's in based on movements. It's pretty cool (seems a little complicated at first, but it all makes sense!) I know my guy is head down becuase I get lots of little pokes down there, and the big strong movements-kicks- up top. It seems like most of the time, he's facing forward.

Lots of other great stuff there too!
#13 of 13 Old 07-30-2005, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceMomma
Have you guys seen the Spinning Babies web site?
http://www.spinningbabies.com/
What a great site!
At my midwife appointment she said the baby was head down.
But today, the little babe feels sideways again.
She did say the baby has plenty of space in there still, so I'll still probalby feel her in weird positions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page