Did someone say good sex?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-30-2005, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ryvre's post in another thread about having good sex (and congrats to her!!) caught my attention.

I miss having "normal" sex. I actually got depressed the other day thinking..."Hmm, I've got 3 months of pregnancy left, then probably another several before everything 'down there' feels halfway regular, and then breastfeeding is going to cause some lubrication issues, etc."

I can't complain about my husband. Even though I can no longer climax through intercourse because of the different positions we have to use now, he makes certain that I "get happy" in other ways every single time. I just really miss being able to snuggle up close without a belly in the way, and of course everything feels different due to the different positions.

Anyone have any really good tips?

A happy woman
#2 of 6 Old 07-30-2005, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
no, just commisseration, honey! *HUG*
#3 of 6 Old 07-31-2005, 03:42 AM

I wasn't sure if we were *aloud* to take about sex (even thought that's what got us here) I was afraid I wouldn't want it when pregnant. I was very wrong. It's been better then ever! Doggie style seems to work best If you can get a massage thrown in before sex, it makes the whole thing even better!

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#4 of 6 Old 07-31-2005, 09:50 AM

Well, when I was pregnant with DS my sex drive dissappeared until close to the end. We only had sex a handful of times the whole pregnancy. Then it took a while before everything was normal "down there", plus my sex drive still really didn't return for quite some time. And then it was almost like we were strangers having sex for a while, since it hadn't been happening at all that regularly. It was kind of awkward. We finally had just got back "in the swing of things" just a couple of months before I got pregnant. Happily, this pregnancy our sex life continued just fine ... until recently. The most comfortable positions are me on top or doggie style these days. But it went from like 4-6 times a month, to like once a month But it's not because of me, it's DH. I have become the "initiator" ever since my last pregnancy. Since he gained weight over the last 2 years, he is both self-conscious and maybe a little lower on the sex drive. And he has stopped exercising in the last month...it was really helping when he started to exercise. I need to get him back on track! :LOL

#5 of 6 Old 07-31-2005, 01:36 PM

I know the feeling of wanting different positions and not being able to have them. My husband and I were just talking about how sick we got of certain positions with my last pregnancy.

This time, my libido is terrific, and my husband is just enjoying it, I think. He's not thinking about those "starving times" to come when I am breastfeeding, not ovuating and nothing could interest me less than sex. :LOL
#6 of 6 Old 08-01-2005, 11:03 AM

I wish I remembered what it was.... it has been so long I don't even
remember : !!!???!!
I have to stay away from the "big O" because of cervix and contraction issues and my hubby just hasn't been interested since I began showing. Must be a "mother thing". I can't wait to be there again with him... and I tell him. He dosn't even want to talk about it.
I have notinced my libido has picked up in the last couple of weeks though, if I could I know it would be great .

Crazed life-learning Mom to DS 1 Augustus (02/00) and DS 2 Ben (08/05). Love my DH Tony . Full house 5 11 found our "purrfect". Lovin' life!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page