October DDC, weekly thread 8/1-8/7 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2005, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
whew.the heat has broken! It was 98 here in duluth, mn yesterday. I dont' have central air, or even a window unit and that's unbearably hot. But this morning brought a thunderstorm which came with rain and a cold front. YAY!!!

I'm tired, cranky and my 2.5 yr old woke up at 5!

I'm off to the ob in a few minutes and I meet with my doula this afternoon. I'm feeling a super cleaning feeling as well -- only it has been too hot to move so I just end up being cranky.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it's still hot here! But the air is working well! I feel guilty running it all the time but I just can't take it...I will have to be environmentally conscious in the winter...keep the heat down and wear a sweater more tomake up for it!

MIL was so irritating while she was here..kept turning the air off...I would be working away and suddenly feel really really hot only to realise she had turned it off! Hubby told her to leave it on...don't touch it. Put on a sweater. She would shiver every time she walked into the house from outside...well of course it was hot outside...duh...38degrees with humidity...we don't even keep the house really cold. We went out to eat and she complained how cold it is the whole time..the rest of us were fine and brought sweaters...we all know these places are cold...she's like it's very uncomfortable for the customers and I said "are you kidding...people come here to escape the heat they are not going to complain about the cold..and what about the workers". She will not accept that she is an old lady and old ladies feel cold a lot!
ok vent over :LOL

older kids are back...teenager already upset...I bought new bedding for their new beds and she "hates" it. I have ordered the sheets and pillows in pink..it accents the print of the comforters and I think it will be very nice when it's done. There is just no making her happy : She tried her sister's bed said her mattress is way more comfortable...they are exactly the same : Her sister is willing to switch to make her happy as she sees no difference. It's kind of funny...I may switch them first then let her switch them again so she ends up with the original one...then I can tell her about it when she's twenty or at her wedding

ok...so the busy time is over...time to start planning for the birth...I bought batteries and a new headphone for my discman and listened to my hypnobirthing cd twice...it worked immediately! I felt so relaxed and happy...I want to listen to it at night after we go to bed. With Sophia in the room I need the discman.

Today I am taking Sophia to a playgroup and tomorrow morning at 9am I have an appt for the preschool here in town...she wants friends "my size" she said the other night so we figure 2 days a week for a few hours will be perfect!

and if it works out it will give me time alone with the new baby come October!

Worldshakerz...Ihave been really tired lately too..I think there is a growth spurt/hormonal shift going on right now. I have also noticed an appetite increase which is great!

Cheers
Carolyn

User Tag List