30 week appt. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-05-2005, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my 30 week appt yesterday. Everything went great. Baby is head down and the heartrate was good. The midwife said baby is average size about 2 to 2 1/2 lbs. I didn't gain any weight.
I am struggling with the Group B strep test. I have already decided that I will not do antibiotics unless I have group B strep in my urine or prolonged labor after my water has broken. So i figure getting the test is useless. If I get a UTI I will find out what caused it, Group B strep or E coli (number one causes of UTIs) and I have never had prolonged labor, my first was 9 hours, second was 4 and third was 2 hours. Aslo my water didn't break with my first and third till I was pushing and with my second they broke my water to start labor. We haven't done any other tests beside the ultrasound (which I didn't realy want to do or see the point of but since I have pics of all my others I figured I need one of this one. lol) and intial blood work.
We decided we are definatly going to have the baby at home not the birth center. We are going to get one of the fishy pools and aim for a waterbirth. She gave me one of their little handbooks with all the info and things I need to have here. So I am going over it and seeing what I have and waht I need to get. There was one thing I found strange. I have to put the babys clothes and blankets and a few other things in seperate paper bags and bake them in the oven to sterilze them? I thought it was weird and I am little worried about setting them on fire. lol
#2 of 4 Old 08-05-2005, 03:52 PM

I also had to put blankets, towels, and I think some face cloths in brown paper and sterilize them. However, I was also instructed to wrap the whole thing in tin foil and then bake them. I've done it twice now and no hint of a house fire! We didn't do the baby clothes though. That doesn't really make much sense to me. The other things were just for the birth itself I can't see sterilizing the clothing?

BTW, my doula reheated the blankets and towel in the oven before she opened them so baby and I were wrapped in cozy warmth right after the birth! It was heavenly!

Czen
#3 of 4 Old 08-05-2005, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i finally figured out that its you on my ddc at the other site!
#4 of 4 Old 08-05-2005, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Hi!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page