How is everyone? This week's thread 8/9-8/15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 08-09-2005, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm new (well, new again as youngest ds is 12) and really enjoyed reading last week's thread- what a nice way to touch base & share info!

I'm 30 weeks, measured 30, refused the glucose test. I do often tend to spill some sugar in my urine, but did that with my previous pregancies and know that I have a sensitive relationship w/sugar, so I'm just careful in general. I didn't end up with big babies! DS #1 was 5.7 born at 36 weeks & I gained 20#, ds #2 was 7.6 at 40 weeks & I gained 30#. I think I'm headed for a repeat of my second pregnancy; I've gained 16 pounds and know I'll pack on another 15 in the next 10 weeks. Homebirth planned (my second). I BF both boys nearly 3 years each, washed my own diapers. My DH (second marriage) thinks this is insane but, sweetie that he is (and first-time dad-to-be) he's going along with "natural living/parenting." He's working his way through my 12-year old stack of Mothering mags, so he's definitely open-minded!

I've never heard of varicose veins in the vulva, but it makes sense to me. In previous pregnancies I remember feeling like my vulva was heavy, aching and simply going to fall on the ground (nice visual, eh?) after birthing. This pregnancy, I get that feeling after sex, for hours- it hurts! Only if intercourse is involved, though, oral-sex orgasms don't leave me with that feeling. I keep meaning to discuss it w/my midwife but have learned that nighttime sex gives the vulva all night to de-congest after sex. Weekend morning sex has me constantly having to lie down as that feeling plagues me for half the day! I read some other posts on pregnant sex and realize I'm lucky that DH is fascinated and entranced and turned on by my body changes, and that so totally helps me feel sexual, though my libido has been on high the whole time except when I was nauseous. I do miss the ability to enjoy a variety of positions, though.

Anyhow, with my two boys being so much older than Mystery Girl, and me being 37 instead of 25, any advice on connecting w/a local community of moms? I'll try LLL, did a post on Finding Your Tribe and plan on taking a birthing class w/DH from a local woman- hopefully I'll meet some moms/couples there. I live in the Sierra Foothills a good 30 minutes from civilization, so socializing opportunities have to be scoped out. As school starts for my 12yo, hoping to meet other moms w/little one's as well but the community here is a bit more conservative/conventional than I'd wish. If anyone knows of any other organizations I could look into, I'm willing to drive those 30+ minutes to maintain my sanity through friendship!

How else is everyone doing this week?
#2 of 22 Old 08-09-2005, 06:47 PM

hello...welcome...I am on baby #4...second from this partner...I have 2 older kids from first dh as well!

Congratulations on your baby!

I am also 30wks!
#3 of 22 Old 08-09-2005, 08:44 PM

i'm was 29 weeks on sunday, and just found out i flunked the glucose test. i have to take the 3 hour if i want to deliver at the Birth Center. argh. so, that's on thursday. i'm really stressign over it, because if I don't pass, there's a good chance that I won't be able to deliver there.

and more stresses - dh was recruited for and offered a new job. it is a great career move for him, and a considerable pay increase. This is important because we've really been struggling for the past year since i became a SAHM. But, it also 50 hour work weeks (as opposed to 40 that he's working now), and giving up his FMLA rights for when the baby is born. He was planning on taking at least 6 weeks off, but now he won't be able to. They are going to work to give him as much time as they can, but unfortunately, my due date falls right at the begining of their busy season. Anyhow, we decided it was best for us for him to accept, so he is turning in his notice at his current job today. I'm stressed over the idea of handling a very active 4 yo, a 2yo, and a newborn all by myself possibly very soon after birth, but I think we have to do it for the future of our family. Oh, and he'll also have to go out of state for a week of training in the middle of September. I'm not due until the end of October, but I still am a little freaked about him being so far away at that late a date. The big plus, aside from the monthly pay raise, is that he will be paid out about 5 weeks of vacation time from his current job. We have bought nothing for the baby - nothing! because we've been that broke. thankfully, some very nice mammas from MDC and RL have gifted us with clothes and diapers, and now we'll be able to buy the things we still need. Also, I have a suspended drivers license resulting from a ticket i got the day I was laid off work last year :, and forgot about (i never got anything in the mail), and we have to come up with $500 to pay off the ticket and the fees - so that chunk of money will be very very helpful to us.

anyhow, i'm babbling on. that's what's going on around here.
#4 of 22 Old 08-09-2005, 08:46 PM

Welcome, eros. Congratz on the upcoming arrival of your Mystery Girl with your new DH. My mom did the same thing, got remarried in her late 30's and had my brother Luke when I was 16. It's pretty cool now, because my 2 yr old has a 12 year old uncle.

Doing pretty good this week. The house is coming around. Just tired though, very tired.

#5 of 22 Old 08-09-2005, 11:05 PM

Whoa..am I 32 weeks already?
I'm a little tired, been doing okay with the water and the protein. Just doing terrible with HOUSEWORK!!
This morning, I woke up with TONS of new stretchmarks. Either this baby hit a growth spurt, or she turned sideways again and stretched out my lower belly. Seriously though, those marks were NOT there last night! I check my belly several times a day!!
So according to various sites, the baby should be around 4 pounds now, which is the size of my daughter at her birth at 35 weeks. I can't believe time is passing so quickly!!
I start Hypnobirthing classes this Saturday.
The cat goes to the vet tomorrow.
And we're waiting for our party package we bought from Ebay for my daughter's 2nd birthday party on the 27th.
Potty training is going well. She still has accidents, but some days has all successes!

Nice to meet you, eroslovesagape!
eclipse, congrats on hubby's new job! I'm hoping he'll be able to take at least some time off to help you in the beginning, and that the baby stays in during the week he's away!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#6 of 22 Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 AM

Hey mommas,
Had my 30 week appointment last week. Everything was great except that I gained 9 POUNDS in 4 weeks. Ooops. In July we drove from LA to Central Washington and back...too much sitting time and not enough exercise. Oh, and I ate a lot of ice cream heh heh. I am now limited to a 2 pound gain in the 2 week interim.

We're not doing a childbirth class this time around. I'm re-reading my Bradley materials, and practicing relaxation a bit, but I confess that I'm just not as disciplined in this pregnancy. I had the good fortune of "delivering" my intact forebag of waters when I was in labor with DS. My water hadn't broken, I and I did not want the nurses to break them for me. Well, I felt like pushing...it was really bizarre...I was leaning over the bed and my bag of waters started coming out. It broke when it hit the floor. So I guess Drs. Bradley and Brewer were on to something when they said that a high protein diet helps make a strong bag of waters. I gotta get back on board with my diet...80 to 100 grams of protein a day!

Spending the week going to the beach, the Aquarium, and art class with DS. Hope everyone else is having a relaxing week!
#7 of 22 Old 08-10-2005, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome & updates!

Allgirls you brave one, on baby #4! I am definitely done making my own after this one. I'm enjoying my pregnancy; it's been easy, but having gotten very physically active in the last 10 years, I'm really really looking forward to having my body back to it's regular self! We do want a sibling for this baby, and plan on adopting/foster-adopting when she's around 3. DH was adopted at 2 1/2. Seems like coming full-circle in a way to reach out & bring an older child like that into our happy home. If we could afford it, I'd probably want to adopt 2 or 3!

Eclipse, congrats on hubby's new job! I can see how the timing is depressing for you with him giving up that 6-weeks home with you. Well, you've got a few more weeks until your baby comes to plan! Do you have family around? Friends? You know how people make offers to help out? Take them up on it! See if regular breaks from your older kids can be arranged; maybe a couple of friends will commit to taking them 1xweek for several hours so you can rest/nap w/the baby. Ask if someone can add your grocery shopping to their trips, or make a few dinners...I'm running out of ideas, but since you know that DH's support will not be what you'd planned, hopefully you'll be able to help put a support system into place. Are you having a baby shower? If so, maybe ask that everyone coming be made aware that you'll be w/out DH's support for the first 8 weeks and ask that they brainstorm ideas to create the support you need. I know, this flies in the face of our culture's pathological sense of "independence" but hey, by now we've learned that we must ask for what we want, right? Reminds me of my German relatives & friends (I'm 1st gen American) who plan and throw their own b-day parties- and they have a great time 'cause they get exactly what they want ! Can't hurt to ask. Good luck!

Worldshakerz I had to laugh- I'm imagining (no! no!) that my now 18 y/o son (in 2 wks) would have a child in 10 years...it's certainly possible! He's still at such a silly age that I can't imagine him a parent...yet...but he's growing into a fine young man and yes, he'll be 28 before I know it. I hear you when you say you're tired! You have little one's too, right? So I'm temporarily spoiled as my kids are fairly self-sufficient & I can nap when I want to. I am questioning my sanity at having a baby now, when I think about how my lifestyle is going to change so dramatically again...and a second one in a couple of years...

Rach, how's it feel to know you've only got 8 weeks left? I guess tired is the order of the day at this stage. I went to my dance (unconditional dance/improv) that I go to 2xweek and have definitely hit a point where I can only, er, flow with the music. Sort of glorified yoga while I enviously watch DH & others move their bodies in ways impossible for me now. Not to mention that I had to stop & catch my breath constantly! Your comment on water & protein reminds me to drink and have something other than chocolate as my mid-morning snack Do you know why your daughter was born at 35 weeks? (my 1st was at 36 weeks, don't know why). Also she's doing great at potty training and not even 2! That's great! And stretch marks- my second pregancy went full term and after 36 weeks my old stretch marks lengthened as I passed the 20 pound gain mark. And a few new ones. The wierd thing is that I got stretch marks everywhere EXCEPT on my belly. ?
Hypnobirthing- a friend recommended for us; what do you know about it? We need to take some kind of classs....and what's up w/your cat to the vet? Nothing serious I hope?

Fitmama I didn't know that a high-protein diet made for strong amniotic sacs- both of my babies broke the sacs with their heads on the way out, then surfed on the waves. I wonder if that had anything to do with the speed of delivery (5 min 1st baby, 2 1/2 min 2nd baby). Once the heads crowned & the sacs broke, it seemed they rushed out with the water! I have no idea if I'm meeting my 80-100 grams of protein each day. I'm so sick of meat and tofu. I wonder how much protein I'm getting in fruit and nuts. Maybe it's time to pilfer from my skinny son's protein drinks .

I've got company coming so off to clean house & cook. Time to put some cd's in. Oh- any good music recommendations? Books?
#8 of 22 Old 08-10-2005, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroslovesagape
Rach, how's it feel to know you've only got 8 weeks left?
Do you know why your daughter was born at 35 weeks?
Hypnobirthing- a friend recommended for us; what do you know about it? We need to take some kind of classs....and what's up w/your cat to the vet? Nothing serious I hope?

It's exciting, and scary to think I'm this far along! But it's also a really happy time, since the pregnancy is so healthy this time around.
Eva was born at 35 weeks due to my having PIH/Pre-e. I was induced and the induction went horribly resulting in a c-section. :\ So far, I have no signs of hypertension, and no signs of pre-e.
My midwife teaches hypnobirthing. She says many moms look like they are sleeping during labor, because they are relaxed and meditating. She says it teaches relaxation/meditation and releasing ones fears. She also says that the majority of her hypnobirthing moms have shorter labors (2-6 hours long). She teaches the classes, our first one is this weekend.

And as for the cat, nothing serious, See? Just a friendly little check up.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#9 of 22 Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 PM

It's cool to read how everyone is doing. I'm at about 33 weeks now and can't believe there are only two months left--even less! This is baby #4 for us and I've never had an ultrasound, so I will be surprised this time too!! DH seems so wrapped up in his work sometimes that I don't think it's really hit him yet LOL.

There's been a LOT of nausea this pregnancy, and the last two days I can only get rice products and fruit down. Ugh. Don't show me any food that contains protein before 2 PM! This pregnancy I just want raisin bran (Erewhon organic stuff is awesome!), cherries all the time, green salad, and chicken (if I'm really hungry.) Anyone else lost their appetite this whole pregnancy? Food, yech. And usually gourmet cooking is a passion of mine!

I'm just praying for a successful VBAC.
#10 of 22 Old 08-10-2005, 11:21 PM

freestyler, I know what ya mean. I'll be 33 weeks in 3 days. And i have a feeling that the baby will come a week or two early. So there is not much time at all! And I dont' think it truly hits our DH's until the baby is born...that's what DH told me anyhow.

I've gone through different phases on what I want to eat. I can't say that I've lost my appetite though. I did go through a short phase of just wanting fruits and veggies, but now I just feel like I need to eat all day, protien, fruits, veggies, bread, whatever! :LOL

#11 of 22 Old 08-11-2005, 03:51 PM

Hi there everyone.
I am 29 weeks now and had a DR's appointment this morning where they tell me everything is perfect and fine.
However mentally I feel...detached, impatient, and just slightly miffed but about what? I just keep telling DH that it is a pregnant woman's perogative...not much of an excuse really but it is really all I've got!
Baby is causing me allot of discomfort lately which is probably fueling it. I have had allot of cramping down low and pain (like a pulled muscle) on the right side of my stomach. My sciatic nerve is still soooo sensitive and painful.
And now my sleep is being very disturbed! Heartburn is continuous throughout my day and my nausea is again on the rise. I was told this is caused by a hormone produced in the placenta....no sure if that is true but I am definitely feeling something.
My DS is addicted to me lately which I LOVE but it also breaks my heart when he begs me not to go to work and I have no choice but to go.

And DH is not being so dear lately. He seems too demanding of me as of late. I don't have allot left for him in the evenings and he is upset and vocal about it...lack of sex, affection, and liveliness ...and to tell the truth I can't even pretend to care all I hear is him . He keeps telling me that I was not this way when I was pregnant with DS and I think he is right....but I am this way now and what can I do about it? So then he says this will be our last baby then if this is how I am going to act ( : you can imagine the good that comes out of saying something stupid like that!). He really doesn't believe that pregnancy should be affecting me like this. And I am not crabby...just kind of walking through life numb or something. I don't like being this way either and yet I can't shake it....what does it take for him to understand that!?!?!?

So here's hoping next week is better....I remember feeling terrific and being in a great mood while pregnant with DS and there was allot of stress in my life then....wonder why this one is plagued by such mental instability?

And that is my whine for the week!
#12 of 22 Old 08-11-2005, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Rach] I was induced and the induction went horribly resulting in a c-section.
Well, then I especially send you super-positive vibes that your health remains and you have the awesome VBAC you're planning on! Good for you!

My midwife teaches hypnobirthing. She says many moms look like they are sleeping during labor, because they are relaxed and meditating. (2-6 hours long).
Maybe I inadvertantly hypnotized myself birthing ds #2- toward the end I heard people whispering about how I was "napping" only to be surprised when I started pushing! But hey, a 2-6 hour labor would be fantastic!
Cute cat pic. I now have one indoor cat after losing 4 to coyotes/mountain lions in the last 4 years...:-(
#13 of 22 Old 08-11-2005, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Freestyler, sorry to hear about your nausea! Have you tried raw ginger? When I was nauseous I either ate it raw (minced & swallowed w/yogurt or water or something) or made strong teas & lemon & honey & chopped ginger. Another friend of mine smoked just a wee bit of pot throughout her pregnancy as she wasn't getting enough nutrition, and that allowed her to eat. I think there's a Mothering article about a woman who did that as well. I personally don't care much for pot, but there are worse things people routinely put into their bodies; if I'd been that nauseous, I'd have tried it. Otherwise, I'm envisioning a fantastic VBAC for you as well!

Worldshakerz, I'm right there with you & the constant eating. I want EVERYTHING right now and can see that I'll easily pile on another 10-15 pounds in the next 10 weeks...unfortunately the food seems to be landing on my butt as much as in my baby-belly!

Carsonsmama, you're not alone with the mood changes. Just last weekend my older kids were gone and DH and I had a fantastic honeymoon-type weekend. Two days later I was in a totally "leave me be" mode. I'm not nasty about it, but I can see it's surprising for DH and probably not easy for him to navigate through my changing moods. Just when he thinks he's got lover-girl on his hands, I'll hear myself saying sharply, "gawd, stop touching me all the time!" What helps is that we talk about it. Fortunately we believed in preventative medicine so we read "How to Get the Love You Want" by Harville Hendrix & did all the exercises (couples book) and use the communication techniques all the time- the best couples tools I've ever come accross (works with kids, too). So we're able to have a nice dialogue about issues large and small to where we're both heard, understood, validated, empathized with and are able to work on solutions without tension. A far, far cry from my previous relationships (which is why this one works, no doubt!). Anyhow, you've got not only your pregnancy but a DS to care for AND work- and that is a LOT when you're gestating! Sounds like DH is feeling emotionally/physically neglected. Maybe you two can talk about what you both need right now and create a plan for getting both of your needs met as much as possible. A a bizarre human behavior characteristic: when we feel we're not getting what we want from our partners, we pull away or lash out, as if that were going to motivate our partner to give us what we want! It's almost funny...oddly enough, when DH and I find ourselves feeling that way we now ask each other, "what can I do to meet the needs you're expressing" and then do it- and feel a whole lot more loving about each other. Even though sometimes we have to grit our teeth at first...
#14 of 22 Old 08-11-2005, 11:57 PM

It's fun to hear how everyone is doing. I'll be 31 weeks in a few more days. Baby is doing well, but I found out today at my appointment that my iron is low, so back to supplements. I started having BHs this week, which seems really strange because I don't ever remember having them with my two older children.

Very, very tired. Hopefully the iron will help with that.

A happy woman
#15 of 22 Old 08-12-2005, 08:17 AM

My iron is low too...I am starting supplements as well.

I didn't notice Iwas particularly tired...just usual tired so we will see if I feel better after.
#16 of 22 Old 08-12-2005, 11:24 AM

Hi, all...

I'm new too, may I join in? Also on baby #4, but I am no good with surprises so had to peek - a little girl will be joining her three big brothers sometime soon! I have also had the loss of appetite some of you were talking about, and have gotten the raised eyebrow for low weight gain... but, everything is measuring just fine and you'd sure never know to look at my belly I wasn't gaining plenty!

I'm around 32 weeks also, but these babes tend to be "done" a few weeks before 40... so, basically, eek! I don't feel prepared for a new tiny one in a matter of WEEKS, lol!

I hope I can start to catch up on everyone's names and busy lives... for now, can I share an oh-so-embarassing moment with you all? This morning, I was going to get up for my last pee-trip of the night/first pee-trip of the day (anyone else going 4-5 times a night???), and babe decided to streeeeeetch out in there or something... well, at any rate, I told the mister, I'm sure there will be very few times in my adult life where I will sniff a wet spot on sheets and think, "thank goodness that's only pee!", haha! A first for me in all the pregnancies, I didn't have the "pee feeling" at all, just a liquid leaking sensation - oh, these next weeks/months should be a blast!

Anyways.... enough from me - I hope you all are doing well, and hope I can start to hang around a bit more!
#17 of 22 Old 08-12-2005, 02:34 PM

blahdeblahblah, welcome .

Yikes what a busy busy week this has been. Keeping myself this busy, my baby will be in my arms before I know it?

Last night we stop at the in-laws house around 9pm just to say hi before BIL and SIL left for a trip to New York. We were there until 4am! What was I thinking? I just started an organic food co-op and our pick up day was today. I was told the delivery would arrive at 12noon to 3pm and I got a call from the truck driver at 10am when he was around the corner for directions. Then I was out in the heat dividing up all this food for 9 different people. Wow, my back and my belly. The heat and activity definitely brought on some BH. Now that I'm in the A/C I feel much much better. I think I will have someone help me out next time . It actually feels good to do phsyical work right now though. And I have a huge pile of organic fruits and veggies for the next few weeks! Romaine, tomatoes, brocolli, carrots, zucchini, bananas, grapes, and strawberries!

I just had strawberries and macaroons for lunch . I want to make a huge caesar salad to go with the meatloaf for dinner. Oh, and I'm going to make some homemade salsa with some of the tomatoes I got.

But I think next on my list is a nap! I'm exhausted!

Carsonsmama, sorry you are having to deal with that with your DH. I understand how you're feeling. It seems my DH is going through his own mood swings. So some of the time he is really understanding and helpful, and other times.....well, it just seems he forgets I am over 7 months pregnant now and wants me to do a lot more than I feel I can at times.

Well, at least we don't have too much longer to go!

#18 of 22 Old 08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
p.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroslovesagape
Thanks for the welcome & updates!

any good music recommendations? Books?
Welcome! I recommend The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, which I am about half way through right now. A funny books on tape? Adrian Mole: the Cappucino years, by s. Townsend (sp?). Hilarious.

I love reading these threads, this is my first time responding to a weekly thread...

so over the weekend it has finally dawned on me that I need clothes, maternity that is. Down to one pair of shorts that fits, and have one maternity top to my name. So I worked on sewing two tops and a skirt. Looking at my fabric stash I realized I would need some comfy pretty fabric and ordered a bunch from a WAHM business (Emma one sock). Haven't ordered from her before, but if the fabric looks like the pictures, then I'll be happy happy happy. Am planning to sew some clothes because I can't stand the choices for the prices out there. Liz Lange $150 for a shirt? Or looking like a lavender hippo in some of the $19.99 options?

As part of (I guess?) the nesting fever, I announced to my husband, we need to remodel the kitchen before the baby comes! Mainly because the dishwasher is un reliable, has been known to smoke, and because the stove is down to 1.5 burners. Well fortunately DH's aunt and uncle have just begun to remodel their kitchen in a house they just closed on, so this weekend we will go to pick up their used stove, frig, and dishwasher. The frig will go in the garage to house that month's worth of as yet to be made freezer meals (right! who is kidding whom). :LOL The couple that previously owned house admitted to being restaurant and take out junkies and rarely used the kitchen. I don't mind eighties looking appliances, if it works great!

Did some yardwork...will weeds survive a nuclear holocaust?

Oh yeah, still working...looking forward to maternity leave!

So 30 weeks down, took the glucose test, 10 weeks to go (hopefully).
#19 of 22 Old 08-12-2005, 04:39 PM

ok I just (on friday) found this thread. :LOL maybe we could link the end of the previous thread when we're done with it? For those of us who are too forgetful that it is a new week.

I'm ok. Baby is definitely occiput posterior. I saw a new chiro. this week who's focusing on getting my pelvis a little back in line. Baby hangs out to the right and gives my pelvis fits. I'm totally wanting a succesful vbac so the posterior business is irritating (erin was posterior and big and I just couldn't push her out despite multiple positions, tries, no drugs, etc).

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#20 of 22 Old 08-12-2005, 11:24 PM

Carsonsmama...sorry your DH is being such a worm...of course you weren't like this last pregnancy...you didn't have another child to chase after : (ok there is no duh! smiley so I improvised )

I think something goes on between week 27-30 that causes a major mood shift...I too felt like you did for about 2 weeks...luckily my DH is a prince...I even said to him...I don't know what I would do if you weren't patient with me...and he said "honey, you are 7mos pregnant and have 3 other kids and are home 90%of the tiem alone with them and the inlaws just visited" Sometimes he is more patient with me than I am from myself...

anyway...my mood lifted after a weekend of really pampering myself and being pampered by my DH...I still have moments of it but now that it's gone I do believe it's a chemical shift of some sort.

Worldshakerz...sounds yummy...I too feel good about physical activity but hubby has ordered me not to...I get carried away and do too much...then can't take care of the other kids so well...so for the one and only time in our relationship I am taking his orders...but I hope he doesn't get used to it!

Kerc...hope baby spins for ya! Have you checked out www.spinningbabies.com?

I had position problems with Sophia(military with hand tucked under her chin) and will soon be doing whatever it takes to get this little one into optimum birthing position

cheers everybody!
#21 of 22 Old 08-13-2005, 01:24 PM

I'm doing well. There are still instances were I can actually forget that I'm pregnant, but they are getting few and far between. The new developement this week has been that sleeping is incredibly uncomfortable. I keep myself and DH up for hours tossing and turning trying to find a comfy position.

I had a midwife appointment on Monday and I got the results of my glucose screening which I passed so that was good. I also found out my blood type which is A+ so I don't have to worry about the RH shot stuff. I read somewhere that having that possible complication could be a reason for induction? I'm not sure if that is true or not, but my friend was given oxytocin after only 2 hours of labour when she wasn't progressing past 2cm and she is RH negative so I wondered if that affected the decision. She had a OB mainstream birth and didn't question the docs though, so it might have been a convenience thing

On the whole, I'm feeling good. Very pregnant though, and it's getting harder and harder to go for my daily walk.

Have a good weekend all the mama's and mama-to-be's!

Mom to DD(2005), SD(2004), DS(2013) and expecting another boy June 2014!
#22 of 22 Old 08-15-2005, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls
Kerc...hope baby spins for ya! Have you checked out www.spinningbabies.com?

I had position problems with Sophia(military with hand tucked under her chin) and will soon be doing whatever it takes to get this little one into optimum birthing position
thanks for suggesting that. I have been there and unfortunately have been obsessing about this for about 2 weeks. I'm doing all sorts of stuff, just hoping that God decides baby should spin around and be well aligned for this birth. I have to let go at this point, I was making myself crazy. So I have a birth ball, I'm doing some pelvic rocks and yoga, seeing a chiro, I'm not reclining and I have a wedge for the car/work chair so my pelvis isn't reclined. If baby is still posterior there's not much I can do right?

Good nesting weekend here. Lots of painting projects - dh also got moving on the storage shelving in the basement YAY! and agreed to getting rid of several baby toys we both hated. So I am ebaying one, freecycling others. I know it sounds crazy to get rid of baby toys but really we could have the space taken up by more useful items, you know?

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page