weekly thread 16-23 aug - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2005, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
p.s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So how is everyone doing?

made a couple of maternity tops, did some more weeding, over the weekend visited DH's aunt, uncle, cousin, and cousin's wife...
:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2005, 04:59 PM

i'm doing a little nesting:
painting the front hall with my dh

painting the kitchen cabinets

we installed the crib in the kids room -- mostly as a placeholder. I anticiapte the kidlet won't sleep there at first, but I didn't want my dd to associate loss of her space with the birth of the baby.

I'm also thinking these days of putting together some crockpot soupy kinds of stuff to eat in october and november. I have a 2 wk maternity leave (and then will bring babe to work) so I also spent some time working out daycare for my dd.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 08-17-2005, 05:14 PM

Yeah, I'm going to stock up on some soupy stuff too. I'm going to get some chicken stock going tonite, and make it again this week in a few days so I can use it to make some really good soups: cream of veggie, chicken soup, stuff like that. And freeze some portions of it for later.

I've been really tired lately, and I think I just need to start going to bed sooner. When DS goes to sleep I come back out and hop on the computer, watch tv or whatever. And sometimes I force myself to stay awake when I should be sleeping so I can "just relax" and hang out with DH when he gets home from work. I keep falling asleep on the couch though. I should probably just start going to sleep when DS does, there's only a few weeks left and I probably should get the sleep while I still can.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:16 PM

ok possibly TMI but....

is it normal to have a vaginal discharge that's creamy white, goopy and a bit sticky? Like enough that every time I go to the bathroom I'm experiencing this goopy mess hanging from me or if I'm out and about I'm thinking my undies are soaking wet.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:28 PM

Yeah, it's pretty normal from what I understand. I think extra discharge is completely normal in pregnancy. I've been having the same thing.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:02 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm wrapping up my last week and a half of summer break. I go back to work for 4 weeks (meet my students, orient my substitute teacher) and then I'm off on maternity leave.

I'm also nesting...DH and I cleaned out the garage and I'm planning how to arrange our kids' room. It's a playroom really, since we're almost full time co-sleepers (still!). We use our crib as a changing table or a safe place to set baby if we need to take a shower or something. So DS needs a twin bed. Most likely dada will end up sleeping in that while I'm piled in our bed with the 2 monkeys LOL.

I got some really good deals on discounted maternity wear at Penney's and Sears. Like $5 tops and dresses....$5 I couldn't believe it!!! I know it's late to buy that kind of thing, but I'll be starting a new school year and I tend to dress "up" more in the early months of the year. Nearly all my maternity clothing is tank tops, and I can't show up on the first day of school dressed like I'm going to the beach.

Hope everyone is feeling relaxed and happy!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:23 PM

Well I am nesting..a bit...washed the diapers today and packed away Sophia's..yay! I have also bought a change table to put back just outside the bathroom and I already have the recieving blankets there and now the diapers. It's the room where I will be birthing so that's kind of handy!

I am tired...I find I am worn out around 5pm no matter how easy I take it...and hubby called and said he's pretty much gone until Sept 2 or so...but will make mega $$$ for the time off in October...

I guess I will get through but it will be tough...I miss him so much!

But I have shopping for kids school clothes and supplies to do and of course there is always the nesting!

Sophia goes for her second day of preschool tomorrow...I hope she loves it again!

Well better go put the garbage out!

Cheers
Carolyn
Old 08-17-2005, 10:49 PM

Oh, I'm getting along.
I get hungry, but don't want to eat ANYTHING, and can't force myself to eat anything, so I wait around for HOURS before deciding on something, and then after eating, I am sick!
It's getting really hard to get my protein intake in, because dammit...I dont' feel ilke eating ANYTHING at all! My usual tricks to getting a good amount are starting to make me sick!
I just feel nauseas and blah.
And I'm more tired.
And today...when I sneezed...I peed a little.

Okay....don't mind me, it's been a whiney week!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 08-18-2005, 12:27 AM

Lets see should I honor you with the list of complaints?? Or spare you, since you all are probably experiencing the same things anyway!!! I'm having some stressful days. Yesterday my car overheated, DH had virus problems at work and had to stay till after 10 then get there early today, and my parents transmission went out so they are without a car too. Today I drove my dad to get groceries, go to the bank, buy school supplies for my brothers & sister, etc. I'm SO worn out right now. I need to clean the living room tonight. The kids (someone in particular with the spirited personality) are not in bed yet and bedtime is 8-8:30 so there is NO reason that he should keep getting up. Neither of us has the energy to fight him tonight, he looks for reactions and seems to thrive on them so we have to be unstressed & able to react just right.

uhm. ignore that vent. there WERE good things today. Got some books for homeschooling (decided to try the K thing with that spirited one this year) from half price books & from the library. My van was fine (husband put coolant in it last night when he finally got home). I got all the clean laundry put away. In just a little while, i'm going to take a nice warm bath!!!

Pregnancy everything is fine. baby has moved around a lot and im no longer sure how she is laying. I have my birth supply list written up and will probably pop into walgreens this weekend to get anything I can from there.

aisling
Old 08-18-2005, 11:45 AM

I'm doing well for the most part. Having issues with my SI joint and sciatica and have been getting lots of BH. they go away when I rest. Talked to the midwife last week and might be going out on disability next week. I'm an l&d nurse so shen I work there is a possibility I could be on my feet for the whole 8 hours, pushing with someone for hours, standing scrubbed in in the OR so I think it makes sense. I'm getting tired of it. I only work 1 day a week, but I'm ready. I measured my fundal height yesterday. I had been measuring ahead. I'm 30 weeks measuring between 34 and 35. No wonder I look huge this time. Maybe the baby is big and that's why I'm feeling the extra discomforts.

I love being pregnant and am going to miss feeling a little person moving inside of me. I still have lots to get done. I need to paint dd's room. The girls will need to share a room now. So much organizing to do. I had been getting lots done and this week fatigue has hit me. I have 7 weeks of curriculum to finish before the baby comes. I probably won't start up again until after the holidays so I can enjoy the newborn period since this will be my last.
I'm deciding on my tubal ligation. The anesthesiologits won't do it Post partum without general or epidural/spinal. I wanted it to be done with local and IV sedation, but they say postpartum my risk of aspiration is to great. So this leaves me with the decision to just go ahead anyway since I'm there. I don't want general so i would probably opt for spinal. Or do i wait the 6-8 weeks and hope my uterus goes back to a retroverted position so she can do it transvaginally under local/IV sedation. If my uterus doesn't go back retroverted then my only choice at that point would be general with a laproscopic tubal ligation. Decisions decisions.

THe 2 older kids went with Grandma and Grandpa to see The Lion King in NYC yesterday. Dd's second time, lucky girl. They are leaving with them today for Virginia for 3-4 nights so I won't see them until Sunday night or Monday. They love being with them. They have so much fun. So it is just little dd and me. I have to work 4-8 today and 4-12 tomorrow. Maybe I can get some of my things done with just her around. Got to keep motivated. I've been trying to walk 3 miles 5 times a week at the minimum. Hoping that helps with my sciatic.

Aishy-good luck with the homeschooling. We enjoy it. You know how to deal with your spirited one so he will do much better with you. They would probably just label him in a classroom. Just remember that it is K too. Don't get stressed out over it. With my K this year we will continue our learning to read program(almost done), do math, handwriting, some phonics and reading and playing. He can listen to science and history if he wants, but usually he wants to play by that point.

Off to do my walk.

Patti
Old 08-18-2005, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been a nesting machine. I dont even have to hav eenrgy to nest, it's obsessive and comes from somewhere deep inside, apparently! I have cleaned out and sorted through the office closet, the hall closet, the bathroom closet, the girls chest of drawers, bookcase, under their bed, clothes, my clothes that are appropraite and might fit after baby are stacked in a tote next to my dresser, any maternity that is too small is in a tote to go downstairs now, my shoes have been sorted through and some taken out for donation, and the bags and bags of clothes I have for donation or yardsale have been half sorted, the other half is today. And I cleaned out the minivan too. This has all been in about the last week!

All my nesting is done will Im on my butt, even if it means scooting around on the floor, as I tend to get really bad BHs and contractions for overdoing it even just a little. Overdoing it is 2 hrs at the mall and making supper in the same day. Or sweeping, mopping, vaccuuming, and making dinner all in one day. I dont know why it takes so little for me to overdo it.

I wish I could get down on my hands and knees and do my kitchen floor, its atrocious. But I know the exertion would be bad for me. Someone has to, though. A mop is just not gonna take care of the floor at this point.

I have the 0-6 month clothes in one bin, the diapers and towels and blankets in another, the 6-12 months in another bin, and then one bin for each size on up through 5. I have 2 girls that this baby gets handmedowns from, we have TONS. Clothes are one thing this baby doesnt need.

I still want to get another carseat cover to replace the one we had. My cat had kittens in the infant seat while we had it stored (five feet off the ground, box not taped shut!), and though almost all of the stain is gone, I just cant imagine putting my newborn in the seat the cat had kittens in. I found out to get a new one from Graco costs almost as much as a whole new baby seat!! So Ive been watching ebay for a cover and canopy that's cheaper.

We need to bring up the crib and get it sidecarred (new bed this time, so we will have to mess with the matress heights to get them even), and the dresser/changing table.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:27 PM

Quote:
All my nesting is done will Im on my butt, even if it means scooting around on the floor, as I tend to get really bad BHs and contractions for overdoing it even just a little. Overdoing it is 2 hrs at the mall and making supper in the same day. Or sweeping, mopping, vaccuuming, and making dinner all in one day. I dont know why it takes so little for me to overdo it.
Emomom, I'm right there with you. Putting things away in the frigde I'm either on the floor or in a chair. When I vaccuum with the attachment to get the nooks and crannies I'm sitting and scooting, etc. Cleaning Jakob's room, scooting around to put it all away...and he is helping a bit more that helps too. Oh, I also have been known to sit on the floor in a store if I'm searching intently throught the items on a bottom shelf :LOL

I had my 34 week appointment today. Karin was there as well as her back-up midwife. It seems there is a strong possibility the case against Karin will be dismissed since it's such a silly thing. I didn't even really talk to the back-up, we just said hi to each other and then she read a magazine while Karin took care of things as usual. Everything was fine, didn't have the scale today so no weighing, that was cool I did have some leukocytes and trace protien so she said to use a peri bottle to rinse with salt water and I'm also going to take Cranactin just in case it's a UTI starting.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:15 PM

just up from a 2 hr nap in the old faculty club here at work (i'm a phd student at a small university). It was soooo refreshing. We have one car, else I might have driven home to snuggle with my dd during her nap time. Of course that would have meant my dd didn't want to take a nap. :LOL

Old 08-19-2005, 07:47 PM

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels like over-doing it is just cleaning a bit and cooking dinner! Everything tires me out now, and I LOATHE bending down. It's just too much effort!

Oh, and Rach, the sneeze and pee thing is an old trick here; don't feel bad.

I keep having trouble believing we're actually having a baby. I mean, I know we are, but still....it just seems unreal. I've got all this baby stuff and can't believe I'm going to have an actual baby to use it all with. I keep going from being scared there's so little time left to just wanting him to be here.

A happy woman
Old 08-19-2005, 08:39 PM

I have been trying so hard to get things done around here. It is finally cool enough that I can go into my kitchen (no ac) and outside without feeling like i'll die. Even with the cooler weather I can only do so much between the kids and just getting to tired. I want to try adn get a lot done tonight after they go to bed becuase it is gonna be hot and muggy this week-end. bluck!
I did got almost all the laundry done adn there was a ton of it! I made some chicken stiock yesterday and I was going to do the soup tomorrow but I may just freeze the stock and chicken since it is going to be so hot.
I still have no car and ID on't know how I am going toget to my next midwife appt which is an hour away. I am hoping someone takes pity on me and gives me a ride (fat chance) or we come up with the money to register the car before then. At worst I will have to reschedule for the 15th when I know we will have the money.
Oh and I am starting Letter of the week with my four year old Sept 6.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:20 PM

I'm just feeeling pretty exhausted and overwhelmed. This is our fourth, and the others are 7 and under and so it's pretty intense! Well, I wanted a fourth, and here we are! But I'm getting so tired and even with wearing a huge pregnancy sling, the backaches are getting so intense. Ugh.

Other women on this list have been saying they have all these nesting urges but without the energy to follow the urges through. Wow, that describes my feelings perfectly. I want to go through the bin of birth-12 month clothes and pick out all Baby's stuff, but somehow it seems like so much work....ditto for sorting all the cloth diaper supplies. Usually I'm SUPER high energy (like, I'll sew curtains for an entire room, pay bills, and make all the day's meals...by 9 AM) even though I am NOT a type A person, but now I'm just low energy all the time and it's driving me crazy sometimes. (I don't fit type A because I'm not driven, perfectionist, competitive, or any of that stuff, I simply have a lot of energy. Type A's would actually care if the curtains' hems are even; I don't care, I just want the windows covered, KWIM?)

Eating is a big fat zero, unless we happen to have organic raisin bran around. Otherwise it's all I can do to choke down one decent meal a day. The whole pregnancy has been like that.

I can't wait to meet this baby, and I can't wait to start getting my body back somewhat, even though we'll be nursing for ages. All in all, it's exciting but more exhausting than any of my other pregnancies.

User Tag List