Our car got hit yesterday! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-19-2005, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Acckk! While I was stopped at a red light, some stupid bimbo ran right up our butt---me and the three kids inside. The kids were fine, thank god. My neck hurt a lot (better today but still a little sore), but mainly I was worried about the baby. I called my doc and he said either he could put me on the fetal monitor for 24 hours at the hospital (ugh) or I could stay in bed for 24 hours and do frequent kick counts. He is concerned about the possibility of placental abruption. I opted for bedrest, of course! So far, after 20 hours, the little cub seems just fine in there, but it was kind of a worrisome night!!

What a nuisance and unnecessary stress. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? And what did you do? This pregnancy has been one thing after another, entirely unlike any other pregnancy for me (this is our fourth.) Too much major and minor sickness, still having morning sickness, tired of backaches, and now this. GOOD GRIEF. I'm beginning to want this baby OUT, so my poor body can start to recover somewhat.
#2 of 6 Old 08-19-2005, 03:01 PM

(hugs) How very scary for you!!!
I've never been in an accident while pregnant, but I probably would do the same thing you did. Bed rest and kick counts. [Unless signs showed I needed definate medical attention]
Take it easy for the next few days. I'm sorry this happend!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#3 of 6 Old 08-19-2005, 03:08 PM

eeek! I hope you get some much needed rest soon.

no, haven't been in a car accident while pregnant. But the other night everyone was in the house and this idiot teenager left about 1/2 the tread from his tires in the road outside my house. I was in the basement and the time and honestly, I was praying he'd hit the front corner of my car hard enough to total the car, but not so hard he'd be seriously hurt :LOL I'd LOVE a different car. Ok, not that you even asked that...

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#4 of 6 Old 08-19-2005, 10:25 PM

early in this pregnancy(maybe 8wks) I hit a slippery patch and went into a ditch...we were pretty shook up but not hurt(me and dd)

I am sure all is well...these little ones are pretty well cushioned!

Are you sore...my arms and shoulders ached from gripping the wheel so hard!
#5 of 6 Old 08-20-2005, 06:28 AM

I've been rearended during my last two pregnancies. :LOL The one last pregnancy was around 20-something weeks. I wasted my time going in to L&D as I've always been told you should after a car accident, only to find out that since it wasn't serious enough to make the airbag deploy, I didn't have to go in at all. Also got the routine questioning about why I hadn't had any prenatal appointments (at the time was still trying to get one) and did I want the pregnancy, as if it could be any of their business!

This time it was much earlier in the pregnancy, and armed with the info from the time before, I didn't waste my time getting in touch with anyone. I just went home & took it easy til my neck and back quit hurting. That, and snickered occasionally because we drove home and the dolt who hit us didn't.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#6 of 6 Old 08-20-2005, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Wow Sagesgirl, thank you for putting some perspective on it for me! Our airbag didn't deploy either, and now after reding your post I'm really glad I didn't go into L & D. That would have been a waste of time and $$$ (our insurance sucks.) Thank goodness your babies and you were OK! This baby seems fine too. He/she is still kicking up a storm and stuff.

My neck doesn't hurt practically at all, thank god. Just what I'd need now would be more aches and pains. I've already got my butt in a sling, literally, (maternity sling) the last thing I need is my neck in one too! HA HA, can you imagine how ridiculous I'd look. Huge belly and neck in brace.

Thank you for all your concern and good wisdom, everyone. Love ya!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page