It's 5:45am! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-21-2005, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I'm wide awake. I woke up at 4:30am, laid in bed for 45 minutes and finally got up. I'd rather be sleeping, but I woke up to pee and just haven't been able to fall asleep. So I'm just putzing around on the computer. La la la.....

#2 of 16 Old 08-21-2005, 08:22 AM

OK i was JUST coming here to post something to this effect. this is day 2 of insomnia. Basically if I don't wake up in the middle of the night then I sleep great (no duh huh?) But if something small wakes me up I cannot for the life of me get back to sleep. Yesterday I had to pee at 4 am. Today my 2 yr old had a nightmare at 2am and crawled into bed with me, waking me. So i was at work this morning again before sunrise.

good news: this time I'm actually getting some much needed thesis work done.

bad news: I am too tired to do much of anything after about 5 hrs.

My dh and dd are going paddling in our canoe today. I am staying home and sleeping.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#3 of 16 Old 08-21-2005, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

After being up for about 2 hours, Jakob wondered where I was. I crawled back in bed with him and luckily was able to fall back asleep for about 2 1/2 more hours of sleep, thank goodness! Hope you get some rest today too .

#4 of 16 Old 08-21-2005, 05:43 PM

I didn't even fall asleep last night until 4am! For some reason I have way more energy at night!?

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#5 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 01:38 AM

There is something about the 3 or 4 AM wake ups that make it really hard to fall back asleep. I'm getting up around every 1 to 2 hours right now, but those 3er and 4ers are a killer!

Plus, I'm keenly aware that school will be back in session soon, and in 2 weeks I'll be awaking at 5:45 AM to get ready for work. Good times.
#6 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 01:41 AM

Me too, me too! The three and four o'clock wake ups fill me with dread now. And tonight I'm doing the fun thing of not being able to fall asleep in the first place because my body aches and I have heartburn. I'm so tired and so tired of being tired.
#7 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, we are getting down to the nitty gritty aren't we. At least we don't have too far to go. That's what I'm trying to tell myself anyhow . Yes, I'm having lots of tossing and turning before actually falling asleep as well....my hips ache, heartburn, etc. I am really looking forward to when I am waking up to care for my newborn, instead of waking up to pee or toss and turn.

#8 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 02:08 PM

i went home at ~10ish, crawled back in bed for 2 hrs and then took another 1.5 hr nap around 4. It worked out ok and this morning I didn't wake until 6. The awful part is not being able to get back to sleep, however there IS something awfully nice about being able to get in a whole day's work and still have the afternoon to putz around.

#9 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 02:57 AM

This pregnancy I am having more trouble falling asleep too! Last night I couldn't fall asleep until 3am. I have the restless leg thing, braxton hicks, heartburn, etc.... Then, I tried to take a nap with my son and laid awake for two hours even though I was exhausted. I am also looking forward to waking up in order to take care of a bundle of joy, rather than popping tums and going to the bathroom!
#10 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 10:24 AM

i walked back from my doctor's appointment yesterday after missing the bus. it took like 45 minutes but I slept great. reminder to self: less than an hour of gentle exercise might = better sleep.

#11 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 10:42 AM

I too have been taking a couple hours to get to sleep lately...and I am so tired...maybe I should try a nice stroll before bed as well..it would probably relax Sophia if she were in the stroller as well!
#12 of 16 Old 09-11-2005, 07:38 AM

Just glad I'm not the only one!!

This whole week, I've woken up and not been able to get back to sleep for a few hours.

Tonight, I laid in bed for nearly 3 hours and couldn't fall asleep at all. Normally reading helps, but .........................

Eek!! At least tomorrow (actually today) is Sunday. I have lots of things to do, but at least it is all at home.

Not sleeping is killing me at work. (I teach middle school.)

I think I have this whole thing backwards... really want to quit work now and sleep!!! Rather than saving up my vacation time to take more time later. Selfish and I'd regret it.... but so so tired!
#13 of 16 Old 09-11-2005, 09:38 AM

ok so Sophia was up until 2am...I was soooooooo tired...she finally cuddled in to me and fell asleep...and then I couldn't sleep...bet it was 3am...and then I woke up at 7am...had to drive my oldest to work for 8am so I am up...I feel ok now but know it will hit around 2...I bet Sophia will sleep until noon but it's absolutely useless for me to try quite yet. Maybe at 10am I might get back to sleep.

It's going to be a long day
#14 of 16 Old 09-11-2005, 02:32 PM

I too either don't fall asleep until 2 am or fall asleep around midnight and then wake up at 3 or 4 am and can't go back to sleep. Guess mother nature is getting us all ready!!

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#15 of 16 Old 09-11-2005, 03:27 PM

Wow can I ever relate to this thread!! I'm amazed how common this not-sleeping-between-4-and-dawn thing is!! Holy cow. And I agree, when I exercise like walking, I do tend to sleep better. But then, most days we get some form of exercise, and so often I cannot sleep anyway!
#16 of 16 Old 09-11-2005, 09:08 PM

This thread is so me these days. I can't sleep once woken up and it doesn't take much to wake me up anymore :. I feel like I need the rest but can't get it

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page