We are getting closer to our B-Days - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2005, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So let's see, I'm 34w3d now. We are all getting so close to our due dates. I for one am physically feeling like my body is really getting itself ready for the big day.

It seems like my Braxton Hicks contractions have really picked up for the past week now. It seems like when I get one it lasts forever, like I'm just having one long BH all day long. It doesn't hurt though, but my belly feels like a rock 99% of the time. Anyone else have them like this? I don't remember having them so constantly with DS. But hey, not complaining .... guess things are gearing up and getting ready more and more for the big day. The other day I had a painful contraction, it would hurt when I stood up straight but felt better when I kind of doubled over...so I laid down and it felt better.

Also, my aching pelvis! Wow, the pressure It is getting hard for me to lift my own legs...you know, like getting in to the car, propping my feet on the couch etc. Sometimes I have to pick my own leg up with my hands.

And I feel both the urge to organize like a maniac and nap all day long. So I alternate. Some days I get lots done....like re-arranging all the furniture in the bedroom....but other days I just give up and am lazy and rest and nap.

How's everyone else feeling?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2005, 01:53 AM

It feels like this kid is trying to kick its way out through the top of my abdomen. I'm about 32 weeks...I think, my dates could well be off...and I went to not quite 36 weeks last time, and I'm bigger now than I have ever been with a baby--my belly button has popped, & I'm getting kicks above the bottom part of my ribs, which I didn't know was possible--so I'm thinking I don't have as long as I think I should, if you kwim.

So I've been nesting heartily. Scrubbed Linda's potty seat, the bathtub, and the toilet in the upstairs bathroom this morning, and bought more cleaning supplies to give the rust stain in the toilet another go 'round. I don't normally have any urge to clean. :LOL I've also been frantically crocheting and even embroidered a couple of onesies! So my body knows I'm headed into the home stretch, even though my mind is trying very hard to hide in a small, dark hole somewhere.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

Old 08-24-2005, 02:00 AM

Ugh. Bladder infection today, so any desire to clean went out the window.
But my daughter's 2nd birthday is on Saturday, so that could be where the actually wanting to clean part comes from.
I'm getting nervous. I've never given birth vaginally before, and yea. I'm as scared as I was when I was pregnant the first time!
I too get quite a bit of Braxton Hicks. I don't like them because they take my breath away and it's hard to breathe for that minute. For awhile there, I swear I was getting one every half hour. Whenever I checked the clock, it never failed it'd either be 20 minutes after an hour, or 10 minutes before. Craziness.
I know it's happening, but I used to think I'd go early, now I think I'll go full term or even late!!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 08-24-2005, 04:08 AM

I am 31 weeks, 3 days. Or something like that. I don't follow the days closely I did realize that today (uhm, no, yesterday the 23rd) is exactly 2 months until my due date. Yikes. That makes it seem sooooo soon!! I had all the boys by 37 weeks. So i've already been thinking "five or six more weeks" in my head even though I shouldn't.

I'm so sore. My ribs, my back. She's breech at the moment but im determined to change that before 35 weeks (chiropractor!) I haven't seen my own midwife for an appointment since June, I'm looking forward to seeing her and talking things over with her. Back in June she mentioned she wants to do my home visit at 34 weeks rather than the usual 36, so I need to find out if that is still the case. If so it puts me with less time to get hte house/birth supplies ready

I considered buying a pool for waterbirthing, but my husband doesn't like the idea of having to deal with it himself so we'll be renting one. It costs a whole lot more to rent, but they do the set up/clean up and all I have to do is enjoy it.

aisling
Old 08-24-2005, 12:39 PM

Yes, our due dates are getting close! I'm just over 34 weeks, and wow can I ever not wait to meet this little one! I can feel physically that the baby is not even close to being ready, I can just feel that he/she is still developing. Not very many BH contractions, the baby is still hanging out really high in my belly, I can still (sort of) walk! My tummy is huge, but yes, I still feel more than a month away from the B-Day. I kinda wish that the B-Day were just in a few days though! Usually I go 42 weeks, but I just don't feel like this one is gonna stay in there that long. I needed my first ultrasound ever this pregnancy at around 33 weeks, and Baby already "measured" 36 weeks. BIG! Not that the measurements are very accurate....but I can also feel that it's a BIG baby. Half of my maternity clothes don't even fit anymore. Our first three babies were each 9 lbs. Hope we don't have a 12-pounder!!!

Good luck to everyone in these last weeks. Just thinking that this *could* be our last baby makes me feel wistful, kind of not willing to let the pregnancy end but still wanting it too, KWIM? Four kids is a lot, but maybe.....there will be a fifth waiting someday. (Then we HAVE to stop!) Is anyone else feeling wistful, both wanting and not wanting the pregnancy to end? It must be a pretty common feeling, whether you plan to have more or not.

Hugs everyone! Be sure to drink a lot of water everyone. Not enough water makes for many more BH contractions and general misery. (I need to remember to do this myself!)
Old 08-24-2005, 10:00 PM

I'm starting to slow down. :LOL Also feeling my body get ready.

Thankfully he FINALLY went vertex and has stayed for a week and two days. I've been SOOO much more relaxed about everything since he did that.

My BH are picking up as well. Mine do hurt and usually I have to stop whatever I'm doing and breathe thru them.

Not sleeping very well anymore. Last night my RLS came back. Hopefully it won't happen anymore! Other than getting up to pee about 2x night, I just don't sleep that well.

Not too much pain/pressure down low. Every now and then it's a little sore but nothing like w/ my last pregnancy after dd dropped. So far this little guy hasn't dropped but I know when/if he does I'm gonna be REALLY uncomfy until he's outta me!! lol

Quote:
Just thinking that this *could* be our last baby makes me feel wistful, kind of not willing to let the pregnancy end but still wanting it too, KWIM? Four kids is a lot, but maybe.....there will be a fifth waiting someday. (Then we HAVE to stop!) Is anyone else feeling wistful, both wanting and not wanting the pregnancy to end? It must be a pretty common feeling, whether you plan to have more or not.
Oh yes!!! Dh and I have been in agreement that this is our last and he's already planning getting fixed. I'm ok with that but on the other hand would like maybe one more. I'm trying to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy b/c I don't want to forget the feeling of the movements, the sound of his heartbeat, watching my belly change, etc. Then I have days where I want him born NOW!! lol Right now I'm doing ok emotionally about it all. I'm a bit concerned tho about the days following the birth....when I REALLY realize that I just gave birth for the last time and that he is our last baby.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:48 PM

I'm feeling pretty pregnant. It doesn't help that people keep looking at me like I'm ginormous and making, "when are you due again?" comments!

I am having a little trouble sleeping, and yesterday it felt like the baby's head was grinding into my pelvis all day. I made about 100 trips to the bathroom. I was having pretty strong and frequent BHs, but I've been drinking 4 cups of red raspberry leaf tea every day for a couple of weeks now and they are a lot less frequent. I'm not sure whether there's a correlation, but a friend who just had a baby said she had the same thing happen.

I have lots of lazy days and just try to take advantage of those rare bursts of energy as they come!
Old 08-29-2005, 01:46 PM

I've been like April--alternating between ravenous and full of energy, and dormant.

The baby is vertex, still floating pretty high, but often settles nicely into an OA position. Some times I feel my pelvis separating slightly, and I immediately change position and remind my pelvis that it only has 6 more weeks then it will be able to heal again. It worries me.

I have almost no braxton hicks, and have been toying with the idea of starting some RRL at 37 weeks. I've never taken any before, but I've never had a pregnancy where my uterus is so still. I was contracting regularly with my 3rd at this point, and had a really easy delivery. I'd like that again!

I'm starting to look forward to labor and birth, but I'm weird like that.

User Tag List