Braxton Hicks... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-24-2005, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...I'm having lots of them. Is it normal to have them like every 5 or 10 minutes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 08-24-2005, 05:50 PM

:
I am having them more often too. Although I go through periods throughout the day that I don't notice them at all.
#3 of 17 Old 08-24-2005, 07:07 PM

It isn't normal to have them so often; usually (but not always) it means that you're not hydrated enough. It can also indicate just an irritable uterus and the need to spend a lot more time lying down.

Speaking of lying down, I'm about to do that very thing. The kids are acting terrible and Mom needs a rest.

Anyway, have a bunch of water, keep avoiding caffeine, and go rest!!
#4 of 17 Old 08-24-2005, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, that makes sense freestyler. I did a lot of nesting this morning - for a few hours almost non-stop I was cleaning here, there and everywhere. Then I also realized even though I had the a/c set to about 75, it wasn't getting below 79 degrees. I had to crank it down to 60 to get it cooler in here....guess I should call the office here at the apartment complex. I've had in on 60 for about 2 hours and its finally down to 76 degrees in here. I also took a nice bath, and then me and my 2 year old laid on the couch watching PBS for a while. They seemed to have died down a bit, definitely not as often. Oh, I drank some more water too.

#5 of 17 Old 08-24-2005, 08:48 PM

I get them often sometimes whether I'm hydrated or not. The majority of the time, mine are pretty strong too...making me stop and breathe thru them.
#6 of 17 Old 08-24-2005, 09:14 PM

I've had them like that for weeks and weeks and weeks. I agree that hydration is a big deal. The most helpful thing I've found for irritable uterus, though, is RRL. I've been taking capsules every day and also taking magnesium, and they've slowed WAY down.
#7 of 17 Old 08-24-2005, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I suppose I really should start taking the RRL I have on my kitchen counter. I will start that tonite. I have some Natural Calm magnesium that I have taken off and on, maybe I should make it part of my morning routine.

#8 of 17 Old 08-24-2005, 09:45 PM

Interesting....when I take RRL it makes my bh worse.
#9 of 17 Old 08-24-2005, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't take the RRL then. Or I guess I could try having 1 cup of the tea and see how I feel.

#10 of 17 Old 08-25-2005, 12:27 AM

I've been having them like crazy all day. I was doing mega nesting this morning too, and I imagine that's where they're coming from. Is it me, or do they get more painful with every pregnancy? I didn't get them at all with my first pregnancy, and these ones (as well as the ones in my last pregnancy) are more painful than the early labor cxn I had with my first! It also doesn't help that the little man feels like he's trying to claw his way out my cervix!
#11 of 17 Old 08-25-2005, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Is it me, or do they get more painful with every pregnancy?
Nope, not just you.
#12 of 17 Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 AM

Yes they do get more painful with each baby! I was getting a lot a few weeks ago until I remembered to drink more water, and now they have virtually vanished (to my surprise.) I'm just drinking a lot (of water, that is! LOL), not doing ANY heavy lifting or stretching, and spending time in the pool every day. Also I have a terrific pregnancy sling that goes from my shoulders, over my back, under my pelvis, etc., and that helps enormously! Complicated to put on when you're sleepy, but terrific. Anyway, who knows....maybe BH contractions also have to do with how the baby is lying in there and what direction s/he squirms in! It makes me laugh when my 2 1/2 year old asks me to carry her upstairs...I'm like, yeah, right, Mommy can barely get herself upstairs, are you kidding??

Wishing you all painless BH!!
#13 of 17 Old 08-25-2005, 12:39 PM

I've been having a lot more lately too! And, yes, they are more painful or uncomfortable than last preganancy. Seems like they come on around noon and then go crazy for a while, until I rest a bit.

And, everytime I stand up...I can barely walk!
#14 of 17 Old 08-25-2005, 02:15 PM

I don't get them frequently but they are very painful this pregnancy. I have had a couple that were really bad!
#15 of 17 Old 08-31-2005, 11:19 AM

I get them alot this pregnancy as well (this is my 2nd baby) I asked the midwife about it since it is crampy feeling. She told me to show her exactly where and when I did she said "sounds like you may be dialting some" That would be awesome to me, as long as I go full term too. I would love to walk around 4-6 centimeters til labor Good luck!

It is also good to know they are more painful with the 2nd and more children. Because I definatly feel them more!
#16 of 17 Old 08-31-2005, 12:21 PM

i've been getting a lot of them too. I make sure to stay well hydrated but still i have them all day, some painful and some not. The worst is that when I wake up at 3 am to pee, I then have painful contractions for about 2 hours before they go away and i get back to sleep. The midwife checked me and I'm not dilated at all so I'm just really annoyed. I hope that 5 more weeks of this will mean that my labor is shorter but I'm not sure. This is my second baby too.
#17 of 17 Old 09-01-2005, 12:15 PM

I'm not having any. I had some at the beginning of the second trimester, but nada in recent months (at least that I can feel). Is this normal?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page