midwife appt today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-24-2005, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
went well...just me and Sophia went

let's see...bp was right on at 100/68(last week was 120 over 78 which was high for me) so I was relieved. No sign of glucose or protein when I peed on the stick, baby's hb was 138 and I measured at 33..pretty much right on.

We talked about pre-registering for the hospital in case of a transfer...I am going to fill out the papers and keep them handy but I am not going to pre-register.

Only concern is my iron level...at 26 wks it was 106...low and must be at 110 for home birth...it may already be there...

I am taking a easily absorbed iron supplement with grapefruit juice everyday. I will have my blood tested again at 36 wks to make sure it's improving...so 4 wks. I think it will be fine.

I really like my midwife...and next time I will see my former midwife...that will be nice..it's unlikely she will be at the birth as she is away in October but it will be nice to visit...it's more like these appts are visits with old friends than medical visits...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-24-2005, 06:52 PM

Sounds like it went well for you! My appt went very well too (I went fri-31w) the mw said everything looks perfect and that's the way it looks for you too!
#3 of 4 Old 08-24-2005, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
im taking a liquid iron supplement with cranberry juice every day, I hear you on that. Good appointment!
#4 of 4 Old 08-24-2005, 09:51 PM

Low iron here as well. I'm taking geritol in grape juice. My mw's been after me some but not too bad b/c her iron is also low (she's due the same week I am). :LOL I'm not terribly worried since it's perfectly normal to have low levels right now. Since I'm getting closer to deliver tho I do want to get it up some.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page