where are you registered? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-25-2005, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friends at work are throwing me a shower next month. I feel as though I really need to register to avoid getting a bunch of stuff I don't want. I am not really into registering at Babies-R-Us or Target....anyone have any ideas on alternatives????
#2 of 9 Old 08-25-2005, 04:08 PM

It might sound a bit weird to a more mainstream crowd, but my thinking is the following....if you are planning to cloth diaper, you could "register" at a really nice cloth diapering company (I LOVE Baby Bunz & Co---www.babybunz.com), basically giving anyone interested a list of what you would like. I'm sure the staff there, and at many other small, home-grown companies, would love to help equip you, and would help co-ordinate that. Really nice cloth diapers are expensive, especially the covers, if you haven't already noticed! Or if you have all those supplies, you could hand out catalogues or a website of another neat company---all natural clothing, wooden toys. The Waldorf-inspired toys are marvelous. These are the things we NEVER throw away in my family!

Wow, cool that you're having a shower. This will be our fourth, and I've never had one (sniff.) Anyway, enjoy being princess for a day....and good luck with your wonderful baby.
#3 of 9 Old 08-25-2005, 04:11 PM

Oops, I should have looked at your website first! Since you're into all that creative and beautiful stuff, you might even be making your own cloth diapers already! Silly me. (*blush*)
#4 of 9 Old 08-25-2005, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I registered at BRU and Baby Depot/Burlington Coat Factory, and Target. I dont need hardly anything on them, but you know people just want to buy from your registries, they dont actually want to know what you really want.

I will have a registry with Natural Family Boutique online too. Just havent contacted my rep to get it activated.
#5 of 9 Old 08-25-2005, 05:00 PM

i use baby bunz too -- but they do not have a registry.

i choose:

ecobaby.com

onestepahead.com

(for home safty stuff)

and gave into Walmart and Babies r us.

i don't love them either -- BUT I know a lot of people will shop ther (gotta know your crowd) and since the gifts will come from there anyway...might as well voice an opionion. (I know i will get bottles, but registered for nurseing pas -- though i will buy my own orgain cotton washable ones) to give people the hint...and so on.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#6 of 9 Old 08-25-2005, 05:05 PM

I registered...mostly just so I can keep track of what I need for this little guy. I highly doubt anyone will be throwing a shower for this 4th time Mama.

My registries are at:
Target
BRU
Tree City Diapers (online)
#7 of 9 Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 PM

theclothdiapercompany.com which happens to be local to me. and i am registering at babies r us. there isnt much i want/need and a lot of the time people just buy cute clothes or make blankets anyway.

aisling
#8 of 9 Old 08-25-2005, 08:15 PM

i haven't registered, and probably won't. i am having a shower, but most of the guest will be fairly crunchy mamas, so i don't need to worry about getting a bunch of 'sposies and bottles.
#9 of 9 Old 08-31-2005, 06:32 AM

I'm not going to have a baby shower this time since I just moved here and don't know anyone and the few people I do know I'd be too uncomfortable to just "plan" something and invite them. Though my Inlaw's and some family have gotten me things (they all live in different countries) so! I thought about doing a registry for my friends and family in the States but I haven't been able to find a good one. Maybe I'll take a look at the some of the ones you all have suggested!

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page