owww been having BH ALL DAY - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-03-2005, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, i don't know if this is normal, but it isn't for me--i've been having contractions all day! I've been having a few BH a day for the last few months (never had more than a couple ever with my previous pregnancies), but nothing like this. (TMI alert) i don't know if it has anything to do with it or not, but hubby and i had sex this morning, and for three hours afterwards i had contractions every 3 minutes! Since then, it's been more like every 15-20 minutes. They're not *too* painful, i mean they don't feel like labor (for me, those feel like they happen right in the cervix, and these are more up in my belly) but it does hurt, and i'm super-moody and not feeling at all like myself today. *sigh* anyone else get something like this? Maybe i shouldn't be getting it on anymore? LMFAO. I'm not real worried or anything, my other kids were born several days after their due dates, and i'm not quite at 33 weeks yet, but man am i miserable!
#2 of 5 Old 09-03-2005, 06:33 PM

Hmm. Sex can do that, but you also sound like a woman in possible early labor. Being miserable and moody and not feeling like yourself are more noteworthy to me than the contractions. Drink a glass of red wine and a whole lot of water and lie down. If the contractions don't slow or stop, you need to check in with your provider. I've been having zillions of contractions, and one of the things I've learned is that going full-term with previous babies is no gurarantee at all of going full-term with the current one. So don't take any chances, mama. Rest up, have some wine (it will relax the muscle of your uterus and stop the contractions if it's false labor), and keep us posted!
#3 of 5 Old 09-03-2005, 07:51 PM

(hugs)
I don't know what they could be. If they keep up, and continue to make you miserable, you may as well call your doctor/midwife.
Good luck, I hope it's nothign!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#4 of 5 Old 09-03-2005, 08:16 PM

I had a day like that this week (minus the sex..lol). I was chugging water and still...I had BH.
#5 of 5 Old 09-03-2005, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Alright, it must be nothing, because i'm still having them, but not as often, and it's not a distraction at all anymore. *whew* i have to admit i was starting to get a little nervous a couple of hours ago, lol, but it's all good. I did drink more water than i have been, and that probably helped.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page