mood swings & energy at night... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-03-2005, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sure this is not uncommon, but I have been sooooo moody. I go from sad and weepy, with no motivation to do anything, to bouncing off the walls cleaning and organizing. Then back to weepy and lethargic! I have noticed that when I'm hungry is when I get weepy. I'm pretty emotional anyway, but I usually either feel sad or normal, I'm not use to the bouncing off the walls. Worst part is, the bouncing off the walls part is generally at night, starting at about 9-10pm and lasting until about 1-2am! Does anyone else have way more energy at night?? I've been trying to get on a "normal" sleep cycle, but I just can't get to sleep before 2am (usually more like 3-4am) The moodiness sucks, my dh doesn't know how to handle it. Last night my dh started stressing out about $$. I take care off all the finances and just tell him what account to use, etc. This is the first time since I was 13yo that I am not working. I always worked a lot (I'm not complaining, I've liked a lot of the jobs I've had), usually two jobs, and usually making more or the same as my dh. So it's really weird not working and I feel guilty about it, especially when he freaks out about money, there is nothing I can do at the moment. I am due in 8w. For some reason I can handle financial stress, I mean, we have want we "need". But as soon as my dh stresses about it gets me all stressed!

Sorry about the rant!

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#2 of 3 Old 09-04-2005, 12:01 AM

Im on the same page as you, I was off for most of my pregnacy though and just went back to work to keep our insurance till this baby comes. But he will be here in six weeks or so and I keep feeling so guilty that I wont be working and that my guy will be taking sole care of us. I know that we will be doing an important job raising our babies so I try to think of it like that you know. ITs so hard......
#3 of 3 Old 09-07-2005, 04:59 PM

How's your protein intake? I found with my first pregnancy, if I hadn't had adequate protein during the day, I completely flipped out in the evening. Since then, I've always made notes about my protein intake, and if by mid-afternoon, I hadn't had much, I'd have a protein boost snack, like cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc. so I wouldn't crash in the evening. Even if you think you're getting plenty of protein, you might try a boost and see if it settles your mood down - you might just need more than "recommended".

There are other deficencies that may be causing the mood swings as well. Best to check with your caregiver for suggestions/recommendations.

Men seem to materialize their baby arrival stresses/fears as financial. I'm not sure why this is. I suspect that the behavior you're seeing in your partners isn't only financial in nature, but that's all they're vocalizing. Men don't have the same support and outlets that their pregnant partners get, unfortuantely.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page