Due in October... Can I Join In? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-04-2005, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all!

I know it's a bit late in the game, but I'm hoping you'll let me join in. I just found this site, and from what I've seen so far, it's a great fit for me.

Here's my story:

I'm married and have a 2 year old daughter. She was born a month early after PROM by C-Section b/c of placenta previa. I had no complications from the previa the whole pregnancy, even though it was complete at 21 weeks. The day they were supposed to check it again, is the day that my water broke. So, when we got to the hospital, they did a u/s and found that just the tip of my placenta was touching my cervix. They decided that a c/s was the safest way for my baby to be born, so 14 hours after my water broke, I was in surgery. Conractions did start soon after my water broke, so I labored that whole time on my own. They said the contractions would help dd's lungs mature because she was so early. Luckily she had no problems and was 5 pounds 12 1/4 oz.

I'm currently 34w6d pregnant with a baby boy. I've been on modified bedrest since 21 weeks b/c my ultrasound at that time showed that I have a shortened cervix. It was 2.1-2.4 cm long at that time; repeat vaginal u/s have shown that it stayed the same and did not funnel. I'm also on progesterone injections as a precaution. I'll be off bedrest at 36 weeks and am hoping to get as close to term as possible.

We are planning a Doula-Assisted hospital VBAC for this baby. I'm pretty nervous about it, but I know it is what I want for me and my baby. Luckily I have a very supportive group of OBs and a hospital that is supportive as well. I know that many women who desire a VBAC don't have that luxury.

Anyway, that's the long and short of it. I hope you don't mind if I hang out here for awhile, even though we're all getting pretty close to term.

#2 of 9 Old 09-04-2005, 11:52 AM

Welcome! Good luck with your birth plans. I am an l&d nurse and have seen many successful Vbac's. It's nice to know you are in supportive hands.

patti
#3 of 9 Old 09-04-2005, 11:54 AM

Welcome to the group!! I wish you all success in achieving the birth you want and dream of. This group is awesome. The moms are so natural and know so much, and are totally non-judgmental. I love it.

My third baby was born by emergency c/s because of positioning and imminent uterine rupture---and all that even though I was drug-free and had three doulas there! I'm ardently hoping for a VBAC this time, because the c/s was one of the worst experiences of my life. I also have a doula, and in fact would never birth without one. What state do you live in? I'm in California. My baby is due very early October.

Have a wonderful rest of the pregnancy!
#4 of 9 Old 09-04-2005, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler
My third baby was born by emergency c/s because of positioning and imminent uterine rupture---and all that even though I was drug-free and had three doulas there! I'm ardently hoping for a VBAC this time, because the c/s was one of the worst experiences of my life. I also have a doula, and in fact would never birth without one. What state do you live in? I'm in California. My baby is due very early October.

Have a wonderful rest of the pregnancy!
Thanks for the welcome!

Did you have a prior c/s scar that was about to rupture, or had you had two prior vaginal births?

I'm on the East Coast.
#5 of 9 Old 09-04-2005, 01:00 PM

Glad you found MDC, and welcome to the October due date club. Good to have you here. See you around

#6 of 9 Old 09-04-2005, 04:56 PM

Welcome!
Good luck with your VBAC!
We're planning a home VBAC.

Hope everything continues to go well! Have fun getting off bedrest!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#7 of 9 Old 09-04-2005, 05:54 PM

To answer your question, I had two prior vaginal births with no complications, but this baby was a stuck cub, and I developed a Bandl's Ring that got really serious before my OB (who helped me push and change positions for FOUR hours!...she is a saint) could tell that's what was going on. I am so grateful that it isn't 200 years ago, or neither baby nor mommy could've made it. I always am so grateful for the medical help when it saves lives!!!!!! (But I sure do hate medical stuff when it intrudes unnecessarily on a healthy pregnancy and birth!)

Since Bandl's Ring is not known to repeat itself in the same woman, I'm expecting not to have to face that again.
#8 of 9 Old 09-04-2005, 09:29 PM

Hi welcome to the board.I am on the east coast too. In New England though.
#9 of 9 Old 09-06-2005, 01:22 PM
p.s

Welcome Jess!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page