Are these braxton hicks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-05-2005, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so with DD i never felt my Braxton Hicks, my tummy would get hard and unless i was touching my belly was pretty clueless about them. And my labor with DD was all back labor. Never felt a single thing in my uterus or the front. So i've been feeling some weird things and just wondering if these are BH or just me going crazy???

The only way i can describe the feeling is right before I O during nookie (sorry for tmi) : My heartbeat starts racing, i feel tight everywhere (my giney, my tummy, my insides), from my pelvis to my tummy get rock hard, basically i feel everything except the pleasure of release. It doesnt hurt and isnt uncomfy, just weird as i've only ever expienced this feeling during those incredibly intimate moments with DH, before now. And i just kind of feel like my body is doing its own thing and im the passenger along for a 30 second ride! I've felt them off and on randomly for the last 2 weeks, then yesterday was actually able to time them 15 mins apart for about 1.5 hours. (Im 33 weeks) I just assumed that i'd know if i were having bh or even contractions. And after the complete agony and torture of back labor i wasnt sure what normal contractions would feel like!

Am i going crazy or is this what im suppose to be feeling? lol!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#2 of 4 Old 09-05-2005, 11:23 PM

I have not felt this way with my births. I have heard of "ORGASMIC BIRTHS."
I never had one though
Perhaps this can be BH contractions.
It sounds as though you will have an Orgasmic Birth.
#3 of 4 Old 09-06-2005, 09:24 AM

I had BH all the time when I was pg with dd, and this pregnancy they started back at 15 weeks. Some women just notice them more than others.

For me, BH are usually just a painless tightening of my uterus. Sometimes they take my breath away and make me feel flushed. They are totally normal... my doc says to call if you have more than 4-5 in an hour for a few hours.

As for having them during sex, I wouldn't know. I've been on pelvic rest since 21 weeks.
#4 of 4 Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 AM

jumping in from may due date...just wanted to reassure you...i had those! and it's *not* labor...as i'm sure you already sort of guessed.

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page